No sugar, reduced carb, medium fat and protein with 10:14 combination

(2 Posts)
DorisLosing Mon 27-Jun-16 14:20:08

Calling all 5:2/IFs, low carbers and no sugar people.

I have been in the grip of sugar addiction for my whole adult life - and last year I started my journey to reduce the amount of sugar in my diet. I fell off the wagon in spectacular fashion at Christmas and then again at Easter.

BUT - I know what I'm doing with the sugar thing, I've been back together and it's been fine.

My next thing is to reduce the amount of carbs - I went wholegrain when I went sugar free but I want to reduce my dependency on wholewheat bread, brown rice and wholegrain pasta. I'm no fan of potatos or crisps so its' just the complex carbs still...

I don't intend to starve myself: I am upping fats and protein, and have found my hunger is reduced and I'm not experiencing the sugar lows I used to have. I'm not craving crap - I'm enjoying real food and having lots of greens and vegetables. My moods have improved. I've also lost a stone in a month and a bit.

My question is whether anyone has had any experience of combining daily intermittent fasting with lowering carbs? I can very easily go for a long time after waking now and I feel maybe a protein/fat brunch would be a good option instead of the dilemma of what to have for three meals - go for two hearty ones instead.

I've decided to start posting in this section to keep me going - it's been hard on my own :-(

minifingerz Mon 27-Jun-16 17:41:27

Hi Doris
I'm about to start intermittent fasting combined with a diet which involves no sugar, grains or legumes. I've been doing the diet (without the fasting) for 3 weeks and have lost 10lbs but really want to fast a couple of days a week to speed things up and for the health benefits.

I don't eat breakfast. I drink black coffee until about midday/1pm, then have a protein lunch. I had smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and avocado for lunch. Now I'm eating a steak with green beans for my early dinner. I'm not completely low carb as I'm having a little bit of fruit every day.

I'm feeling better for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now