Holiday prep - what can I do in 10 days?!

(8 Posts)
OverAndAbove Mon 27-Jun-16 06:19:21

I am off on holiday in ten days and having had a busy and stressful few months, have not achieved the 12lbs weight loss, all over body toning and perfect grooming I would have ideally liked...

I now have ten days to make the most of what I do have, but I'm at least a stone overweight and flabby with a big tummy. What can I do - and is it even worth me trying? I do have a good holiday wardrobe (provided I can still get in to it)

Will sit-ups be worth it at this point? I have two events at the end of this week where I'll be drinking, but apart from that I'll knock wine on the head.

Any thoughts on what I can reasonably expect or ideas just to get me feeling and looking a bit better?

Thanks!

BuzzLightyearsHoneyBun Mon 27-Jun-16 06:22:01

I have 3 weeks to tone up so started the 30 day shred last night, it is on YouTube and you do get results fast. I know you only have 10 days but 10 days it will help.
I am the same, full of good intentions but both DC have been ill, work has been crazy and husband working away has meant I haven't had chance to do anything (Orange is the new black coming out hasn't helped either!)

ladydoer Mon 27-Jun-16 06:30:39

Whenever I need a few kilos off - I switch to protein foods (no carbs) and at least 10 glasses of water per day. Then dinner is at 7 pm at latest

works miracles for me - last time 12 days - minus 6 pounds. It's a bit uncomfortable at the beginning, cravings for sweet all the time, but I got some protein shakes (a friend advised) with chocolate, cheese cake and other really nice tastes. So - whenever I crave for sweets, I drink one of those (approx 30 grams is one portion)

About the tummy - I found on youtube a 8-minute abs exercise, I do one round in the morning and one in the evening, also pretty happy with the result

Enjoy your holiday, be active and smiling - and extra weight will keep getting down smile

OverAndAbove Mon 27-Jun-16 06:46:29

Thank you both - some good tips to start with! I too would rather spend time watching OITNB season 4 but I reckon I can fit in Shred after work just for this short period, and some extra abs.

I need to think hard about food because I get really low blood sugar but early dinner does usually work, and means less bloat in the morning...

Watch this space

Nobloodynamesleft Mon 27-Jun-16 06:55:10

Do 1000 calories a day on mfp.

OverAndAbove Mon 27-Jun-16 19:04:03

Oh god I don't think I can get it down to 1000; not while I'm working and have to be polite to people! I've logged 1335 calories in, and my Fitbit tells me I'll have burnt 2065 by mdnight evennif I don't do any more steps. Is that enough of a deficit??

I'm also drinking enough water to sink a ship...

Nobloodynamesleft Mon 27-Jun-16 19:12:46

Ha ha! Sounds good. Just eat chicken and salad or veg. No snacks.

AuntieStella Fri 08-Jul-16 17:11:37

You must be off about now.

How did you get on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now