why don't I feel thin?

(6 Posts)
iammamam Thu 23-Jun-16 22:48:01

I've lost nearly 7 and a half stones, from a size 22 to a 8/10
But I still feel fat, I still see fat even tho I do know I'm not. confused

My instructor showed me in the mirror today that I'm not much bigger than her but in my head I'm big and I'm struggling to make myself stop trying to lose weight because I still feel like I need to. sad

BumpKitty Thu 23-Jun-16 22:55:10

Well done on your weight loss, that is amazing! With regard to still feeling fat I know what you mean, I think it's to do with your mental image of yourself needing to catch up with reality. You see what you expect to see. The only times I have thought I look slim are when I've seen myself in a mirror when not expecting to. I'm not sure how you can fix it, maybe ask someone to video you so you can see what you really look like now.

iammamam Sat 25-Jun-16 08:53:02

It weird, when people ask me how much I've lost now or what size I am it feels like a lie, like when I update my weight on myfitnesspal it doesn't seem real sad

whirlygirly Sat 25-Jun-16 09:21:17

What bumpkitty says. It takes a while for your head to catch up!

I found taking a photo of myself in a mirror really helpful. What I saw in the photo was always a slimmer version of me than I thought I was seeing in the mirror in real life, if that makes sense.

It sounds like you've worked really hard and really deserve this, well done blushflowers

whirlygirly Sat 25-Jun-16 09:22:01

Not the blush, don't know how I hit that!

ppeatfruit Sat 25-Jun-16 09:36:32

Lammn Look at the Paul Mackenna I Can Make You Thin books, DVDs or whatever because he 's the only 'diet' writer I've read who really talks about the emotional, mental side of weigh loss and gain.

He can help you maintain your loss ( Many congratulations btw) grin sand he helps us be happy with our bodies.

How is your shopping for new clothes going? I found that that helped me see myself in a new light!! I only lost the 3 stone I needed to though!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now