Not sure which diet to follow

(4 Posts)
Callmesausage Tue 24-May-16 12:20:53

I need to lose a lot of weight (around 7 stone). I've done this a few years ago starting with Xenical for a couple of months, then very low fat for another 10 months or so and reached my goal weight. However, like a idiot I have put all bar a few lbs back on again. I really need to sort myself out and start again.

This is where I am a bit stumped, which plan to do? I am in peri menopause (on HRT) too. I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

TFletchersWife Tue 24-May-16 13:10:22

I hate diet plans.

I have downloaded My Fitness Pal and logging my food and exercise every day.

Swimming seems to be the best exercise for me, 3 times a week.

What are your current eating habits?

Callmesausage Tue 24-May-16 13:34:49

I used mfp really effectively before, was very strict at 1250 calls a day, lots of exercise. Totally lost the plot though, so food at the moment is not good, main meal in the evening with my family but snacking through the day.

I don't want to necessarily follow a diet plan as such, just want to get in control again. Also confused around the high fat/lowcarb thing. The only successful time at losing weight was very low fat, but I'm not sure this is the right way to go again.

TFletchersWife Tue 24-May-16 13:49:47

Perhaps start off realistically? Smaller portions and more sensible choices.

Swapping items such as full fat milk to skimmed, butter to low fat spread. Small steps?

I try and make sure my meals are at the same time every day. You can plan your meals and look forward to them, I try to cook from scratch and dont touch processed meals etc.

I will still allow myself a takeaway but only once a month.

At the moment I am struggling a bit. Have cut out crisps and sweets, something which I eat a lot of at my desk!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now