3 weeks after a c section

(5 Posts)
jessica12345 Thu 19-May-16 18:04:39

I had my little girl 3 weeks ago, by emergency c section. My scar is healing well, the nerve damage on my lower tummy is the only pain/strange feeling I still have. I'm aware I'm supposed to be careful with regards to lifting and things for a while so that I am fully healed smile
But I'm just wondering what kind of exercise would be good to do and when I can start? I'm itching to start but know it might be too soon with my scar hmm
Any suggestions or experiences with c section recovery would be great!
Thanks grin

Pumperthepumper Sat 21-May-16 15:28:43

I did a lot of walking after my first c-section (missed being able to get about by car!) and didn't run until about 9 months after, but that was probably over-cautious. I would just take it really gently and slowly, three weeks is very little time after surgery. Lots of gentle walks with the buggy to build up! Congratulations on your baby too!

ALemonyPea Sat 21-May-16 15:31:23

It's usually 6 weeks to 6 months for recovery. Did you see a physio before you left hospital as they usually give you a sheet of timescales.

Congratulations on your new baby flowers

pitterpatterrain Sat 21-May-16 15:34:04

I did yoga but went to a pregnancy / postnatal class as you should still avoid compressions to your stomach area is what I recall
Can't remember when I restarted maybe 2-3-4 months?

romoca Sat 21-May-16 15:39:14

I think wait till 6 weeks and your post natel check before starting anything, c sections are major surgery and while your scar may be healing Nicky on the outside... The inside ones have to heal too!! I had an emergency c section almost 2 years ago now and did myself a mischief trying to do to much to soon. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now