Feeling self conscious

(4 Posts)
Diamondangel8 Tue 17-May-16 15:24:14

Hello

This is my first post here. I'm not complaining about this, I'm just sharing my experience. I recently lost weight in the last 6 months. I have lost 3 stone. I am quite thin now with about just another stone to lose. I'm feeling a bit self conscious recently as I cant go anywhere without someone going on about my weight! I know they are trying to be nice but I almost get interrogated about what am I eating, how have I lost the weight etc. What do I plan to do to maintain the weight? Especially at work. It has been constant for months. I notice now when I go places people are looking at me and talking about my clothes etc. This never happened before. It has made me feel quite self conscious. It was like before when I was really overweight that I was invisible. Anyone else had this experience?

MrAliBongo Tue 17-May-16 19:40:45

Yes, and as a natural introvert, it hasn't been my favourite aspect of losing weight! Honestly, I find just politely answering questions is the most efficient way of moving them on. Occasionally somebody will be really intrusive, and a couple of people have aired quite nasty judgements on overweight people they know (seriously? Do you not understand that you're insulting me, personally??), but mostly they're pretty respectful of the whole thing, and really just want to say well done.

SeasonalVag Fri 20-May-16 07:37:23

Yes, I went from 17 stone to 10 and psychologically it was a huge shift dealing with attention. For months I body swerved through doorways between tables etc because I still felt much bigger. And buying clothes was always a head fuck....but its a nice problem to have!

DarkDarkNight Sun 22-May-16 00:43:23

I feel like this about my weight whether I am over or under weight. It is an intensely personal thing to me, and I am very self conscious about it.

I would never mention a person's weight to them unless they started the conversation and obviously wanted to discuss it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now