Armpit boob flab?

(19 Posts)
thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 08-May-16 18:52:24

Apologies for the title of this thread! Just wondering what, if anything, can be done to get rid of this pesky armpit boob flab? Do any of you have it? I think its from a lack of toning and repeated weight gain/loss but its very difficult to disguise, sort of creeps out the side of my bra cup and creates a little fold near to the armpit. I personally think it makes me look chubbier than I actually am, although I am by no means skinny! So: can anyone recommend any exercises to get rid of it, any magic potions, or any vest tops I can get that are shaped in such a way as to disguise it? I am currently doing well on a sugar free regime and have lost quite a lot of weight, now a 12-14 so any advice is most welcome.

dementedpixie Sun 08-May-16 20:20:49

Maybe need a better sized bra as that fat should be scooped into the bra cup

ZaZathecat Sun 08-May-16 20:23:28

A balconette bra maybe - widr sides so less flesh popping out!

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 08-May-16 20:25:21

Really? It's not boob though, it's just 'nothing'. Should the cup of my bra go as far up as my armpit?

Gardencentregroupie Sun 08-May-16 20:25:26

Yeah its not a fat problem it's a bra problem. You need a tight fitting band for support, then much bigger cups so all the boob, including pit and side boob, is contained. Well done on your sugar free success! Do you feel healthier?

Gardencentregroupie Sun 08-May-16 20:26:11

You don't think it's escaping boob but it really truly is smile

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sun 08-May-16 20:28:01

Now someone at work told me the local independent bra lady told her she must wear bras with a side sling! Ive never heard of such a thing but might this be worth looking at? Fwiw, she's not overweight so I guess it might be a boob shape thing??

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 08-May-16 20:28:13

Yes possibly a different style of bra....my current one's strap sits about an inch from my armpit and this is the fatty bit that sort of bulges out when my arm is down. I have never got on well with balcony shape though.

Gardencentregroupie Sun 08-May-16 20:30:27

What size bra are you in?

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 08-May-16 20:34:37

garden yes, I feel much healthier, I was a total sugar addict so its been a massive change for me.
Perhaps I need to go an get measured properly then, I have recently changed after measuring myself to a D cup, from a B and cannot get my head round that, because to me they don't look 'big' ....maybe I need a professional fitting (and possibly a more expensive bra?) I have Always had this and never managed to find a bra that keeps it all tucked in!

Stoneagemum Sun 08-May-16 20:39:22

Search bra intervention on style & Beauty and measure as per their guides. I had this armpit fat even when slimish until I followed their method

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 08-May-16 20:43:47

OK thanks stone age, did you manage to 'get rid' of it?

Gardencentregroupie Sun 08-May-16 20:45:22

I used to have pit flab, even when I was 10 years younger and 20lb lighter. Now I don't have it because I've been bra intervention-ed.

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 08-May-16 20:53:39

I've just done a search and found a few zombie threads, but will definitely re measure using that method. My DM was a Saturday girl at m&s many many years ago, and for years she was adamant that you measure and add 4 inches, which had massively skewed my size. This new method will make her head explode.....
Anyone know If there's a current intervention thread?

dementedpixie Sun 08-May-16 20:56:42

thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk/p/fitting-advice.html.

dementedpixie Sun 08-May-16 20:57:49

Not a thread but the guide to fitting. That means your cup size will probably increase and your back size will decrease

AuditAngel Sun 08-May-16 21:06:09

My boobs go round under my arms, I have to scoop into the cup, and need wide set cups. Currently wearing Triumph

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 08-May-16 21:19:28

Yes, I think perhaps I need wider set cups, will google triumph. Thanks all for your advice!

Stoneagemum Sun 08-May-16 22:25:15

Yep with the right style I got rid of the armpit fat, not all bras in new size work, tbh it can be a pain to bra shop as so many although they are the 'right size' don't fit properly, but following their guide I have a better chance of finding ones that fit properly with no armpit or back fat

Try starting your own thread asking for their help, those ladies know bras!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now