Can I lose weight just by being 'sensible'?

(4 Posts)
zippyswife Tue 03-May-16 21:13:30

Nearly 40 and dc3 is 3 months old. I still have just over a stone to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (I've already lost a stone by eating sensibly mon-fri and doing the 30 day shred). The weight has stopped coming off now though and I am feeling more bloated.

I've never had to diet before- always been a size 10-12 9-10
Stone and just kerbed my eating whenever I start to put on a bit of weight.

This is the first time I've really had weight to lose and I don't know how to go about it.

annandale Tue 03-May-16 21:16:37

Yes you can, but at this stage a bit of guidance can be helpful. Myfitnesspal is really good I think.

It's very easy to let your portion size creep up, for example.

zippyswife Wed 04-May-16 07:49:02

Thank you. I have that app. I did start using it then got lazy. Think you're right I'll get back on it.

SitsOnFence Wed 04-May-16 09:34:20

I was also going to recommend something like MyFitnessPal just to make sure that what you think is sensible, is actually sensible. I thought I knew, but it turned out that I'd been cutting back on some foods unnecessarily and overeating on other foods that were not as healthy as I had thought.

I started by just committing to record everything I ate for a 2 week period, without trying to stick to a calorie limit, perhaps you could try that? I ended up cutting calories, but I think it would have been useful either way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now