food food food

(4 Posts)
blinkyoullmissit Sun 24-Apr-16 08:20:02

Me and my DP have taken it upon ourselves to finally get our butts to the gym, eat healthier and generally have a healthier lifestyle. We're not over weight by any means but all we eat is crap food.
I want to make some meals up for the week that I can just defrost and cook.
So what healthy, low fat recipes can I make up, freeze and use when I need them?
Also I need some breakfast / lunch ideas.

I'm so stuck as what to make!

Natad00dle Sun 24-Apr-16 08:41:29

Breakfast - my favourite healthy options are green smoothies and overnight oats. I used to live on bread - toast for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, but it used to make me so lethargic, in the afternoons I would be practically falling asleep at my desk.

So I swapped toast in the morning for smoothies or oats and immediately felt the difference.

Green smoothie - any fruit leftovers, normally a banana, apple, spinach or kale and some frozen berries.

Overnight oats - oats soaked in natural yoghurt or coconut milk overnight. I add a few frozen berries, flaked almonds and dates if I crave something sweet. For a chocolate fix you could try adding cocoa. It tastes great and is very filling.

Zombiemama Sun 24-Apr-16 08:59:51

Egg muffins for breakfast filled with veg ham etc Or an omelette for breakfast.

Pastas salads jacket potato or swap bread for sandwich thins at lunch

I find following slimming world recipes for dinners so handy I have a freezer shelf full of diet coke chicken Mayflower brand chicken curry spag bol chilli veg soup etc

Reducing the fat content in your meat 5% mince and also use it to make burgers meatballs etc homemade sauces rather than the jars. An actifry is also handy for wedges home made and chips among other things.

Invest in a slow cooker. Put something on in the morning before work and let it cook away.

Natad00dle Sun 24-Apr-16 10:16:45

I second slow cooker or a pressure cooker. I have Instant Pot and use it all the time. It's very fast and it's great for things like a stew or curry or even a roast. Roast chicken takes about 25 min.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now