Losing the prego weight starts Monday

(8 Posts)
CommanderShepherd Sun 17-Apr-16 21:43:39

That's it really! Ds is 5 weeks now, I'm ebf so won't be 'dieting' per say, just cutting out the crap and starting to excerise again (had emcs)

I was going to wait till after the 6 week check but I went into next today to get the 'slim tone' jeans thing that I've had before, I tried on a 16 I've never been that size and it looked hideous on, major muffin top due to saggy belly.

About a year before I got pregnant I was at my goal weight and felt amazing, I had done this through lighter life and was maintaining. Me and dh ended up moving in with my folks as we'd sold our flat and the weight slowly came back. And then I got pregnant and now have 4 stones to lose!
I've also made a promise to myself, if I can get back to goal weight and maintain and if my section scar over hang belly is still there by my 30 th (3 years) I'll go for a tummy tuck.
Here we go again

Amy24715 Sun 17-Apr-16 21:59:52

This sounds like I could have written this... My Ds is almost 9 months old now and I still have 4 stone to lose. (I am starting slimming world next week 😁).

I am currently wearing size 16/18 jeans and have the muffin top and saggy belly sad I've never been this big before. Before pregnancy I was a size 12 although I was probably still a little chubby. My aim is to get down to a size 10 eventually.

I have said to my Oh if my section scar overhang is still there in 3 years I want a tummy tuck for my 30th!!

Good luck with your weight loss journey smile xx

SupSlick Sun 17-Apr-16 22:02:44

Still trying to lose the baby weight - DS is nearly 4 blush

I've started up running & have been super strict with my diet & have lost a stone this month! You can do this!!!!!

I'm about a 14 but I feel so frumpy. I feel like having a funeral for all my size 10 dresses I used to fit into & crying whilst I sing all things bright & beautiful.

WE CAN DO THIS OP

CommanderShepherd Sun 17-Apr-16 22:12:55

I was on one of the other boards and a lady was going Paul mckennas I can make your thin, I've still got his book I think hmm. I believe I can do this and breastfeed. I've been on maternity since January and have litterly sat on my arse all day so I'm hoping having a wee one to run after will be good. Plus, it was amazing being at goal weight I was an 8/10. That summer I felt and looked amazing, could wear anything I wanted. I want to be like that again, especially for ds, I want to be an active mum and set a good example for him

Luc28 Tue 19-Apr-16 12:02:24

CommanderShepherd, I'm in exactly the same position! DD 5 weeks now and I'm also bf. I feel huge still in leggings and tees until I loose the baby weight. Size 16 now and need to be AT LEAST 10/12! Enrolled in baby yoga start next week and will be doing hot yoga as soon as I feel physically able. Not sure what else I can do with DD apart from major power walks with the pram! I have two other children so never stop but I'm eager to get some of this bum/belly jiggle gone!! Plus we have a wedding to attend in June so I've got dress goals! Please share any tips 😄

Luc28 Tue 19-Apr-16 12:13:01

Btw just had a look at Paul mckennas I can make you thin and there's an app ... I'm going to give it a go!

tappitytaptap Wed 20-Apr-16 18:34:53

I am 3.5 weeks post EMCS and probably have a stone to lose to get back to my pre baby weight. Interested in what exercise I can do after 6 week check as used to run pre pregnancy and think that would def help with weight loss and also really enjoyed exercising!

tappitytaptap Wed 20-Apr-16 18:36:16

I'm with you on the dress goals Luc - brother in law's wedding at beginning of August where I will do a reading so want to look my best!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now