About Kettlebells?

(4 Posts)
olrose Thu 14-Apr-16 08:45:02

Has anyone used kettlebells in an effort to get back into shape?

I have found barbells expensive to buy but I have seen a set of 4 kettlebells on sale for £29 www.pricedropdonkey.com/cheap-sports-and-leisure/fitness-deals

I was wondering if anyone has had any success, has a workout they can share or know of any advantages that they have over barbells?

applejack18 Thu 14-Apr-16 08:52:16

I can't help but you could post this in Exercise for responses from fitness experts as well smile

TheTapir Fri 15-Apr-16 15:51:17

I bought a DVD and kettlebell a couple of weeks ago & am really enjoying it - I bought a heavier bell earlier this week as I started with the lightest one.

I can't say I've noticed much weight loss but I'm doing quite a lot of running at the moment too. I am finding the workout easier and feeling more toned so I think it doing something for me.

RunnerOnTheRun Sat 23-Apr-16 14:21:34

Hi,

I use kettlebells but only cast iron ones, not vinyl (check what you are buying first) and make sure they are nice and heavy, around 12kg or 16kg for a newbie. I have 8kg all the way up to 32kg.

They are fanbloodytastic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now