12 weeks to lose 2 stone

(11 Posts)
Juanbablo Wed 23-Mar-16 10:51:24

Is it do able? When I did slimming world last year I lost 7lb in my first week. I lost almost 2 stone in 4 months but I lost motivation, broke my ankle and had something else fairly traumatic happen. Anyway I put all the weight back on plus 3lb.

I've cut out all treats as if I have one I will binge. I've made portions smaller and no seconds. Drinking lots of water and walking at a decent pace for 1 hour 3x a week. I'm hungry and grumpy and this is only day 3. I've lost 2 lb in 2 days. Is 2 stone in 12 weeks too ambitious?

PurpleDaisies Wed 23-Mar-16 11:05:41

Poor you for breaking your ankle. I can relate in that before Christmas I was doing really well, going to the gym at least four times a week and looking good. Since then I've had a chest infection and proper flu twice so I'm feeling like a big wobbly lump.

I think if you lost it in four months before maybe two months is a bit ambitious. Do you have something specific in two months?

It is always worst starting off as you have sugar and caffeine withdrawal (if your snacking is the same as mine!). It definitely gets easier. Are you calorie counting? Make sure you don't go too low or you'll be constantly knackered.

Good luck!

Juanbablo Wed 23-Mar-16 11:11:25

I hope you are feeling better now!

We are going abroad at the start of June and have a wedding to go to and I am so sick of being the fat one. So I thought that was a good a goal.

I'm not calorie counting as such as I always forget to enter it into MFP. But I am eating what I used to eat on SW so I know I'm eating less and more healthily than I have been. It's my sweet tooth that's the problem, I was eating a lot of sugar so I think it's withdrawal from that that makes me grumpy.

NantucketNightbird Wed 23-Mar-16 12:35:33

It's possible but you will need to be really determined. I started on the 5th of January at 13st 6lb as of yesterday i now weigh 10st 12lb. I still have a way to go 11lb until the top end of healthy BMI and my goal is 9st 7.
I've had to stop the snacking completely so I don't eat anything between meals. Drink 3 litres of water nothing else.

MrAliBongo Wed 23-Mar-16 17:40:05

Depends how heavy you're starting off, but it's ambitious at any size. Anyway, I don't see a whole lot of point in setting time-limited weight-loss targets. You pick your weight-loss strategy and do the best you can on it... The rate you lose weight that way isn't entirely within your control. Surely if you lost one stone, it'd still have been worth doing?

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0 Sun 27-Mar-16 14:39:57

I hope/think so! I'm planning for 3.5 stone in 19 weeks. I reckon with enough discipline, it's definitely do-able. What's your starting weight? Sorry to hear about your ankle sad

pippistrelle Mon 28-Mar-16 12:39:35

It's achievable but it's tricky if that would take you to your ideal weight because, in some ways, it seems like the less weight you have to lose, the harder it is. It will need willpower of steel and a lot of motivation, but you could certainly be down a couple of dress sizes in that time.

Good luck.

Juanbablo Mon 28-Mar-16 12:45:13

It won't take me to my ideal weight but it will be a good start. About halfway actually. I am starting at 15st 6lb but I lost 3.5lb last week. I have consumed chocolate this weekend but ready to get back on it! Kids at home which means lots of walking and no time for snacking which is perfect.

pippistrelle Mon 28-Mar-16 13:07:24

Then, FWIW, I reckon you could do it, OP.

But hide the chocolate!

Juanbablo Mon 28-Mar-16 16:13:58

Haha! Thankfully my big two are big enough that they know if any goes missing so it's a good thing that I can't get away with it now!

pippistrelle Mon 04-Apr-16 20:19:06

A week in, I wonder how you're getting on, OP. Hope it's going well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now