Cravings

(6 Posts)
MatchsticksForMyEyes Mon 15-Feb-16 20:50:04

I'm not technically overweight-bmi is 24. But I'd still like to lose a stone as I feel I would look better. I lost loads when divorcing my h, but have steadily put on weight since being with my lovely DP.
My problem is I can be on track all day calorie-wise but once I get in about 5 I just crave stuff. I have relatively healthy meals, no fried food or junk, but still have a need to snack whilst it's cooking and after. Today I have eaten 2300 calories (went out for a 2 course lunch and also went to a cafe for hot chocolate and cake, not a typical day) but have burned 2600 by walking and going for a run.
I am doing the dechox for March, but can see it making me miserable. I clearly need to stop the snacking but it's so hard!

nayla23 Thu 18-Feb-16 18:13:55

hello !! I'm new here and i was wondering if i can join a chat where u know people give support to each other especially when we're on the verge of having a snack. I'm always motivated at first , and i have been dieting all my life and gaining weight , but now it's becoming harder afters all those failed attempts and i'm still 20! i don't want to live in this body during my 20s! what i lack is perseverance, isn't there a chat room where i can like talk when i'm really craving smth and where people answer quickly before the damage is done ? thanks in advance!

justonesherryformedicinalpurpo Thu 18-Feb-16 20:24:51

Yes it is trick not to snack!

How many calories do you have (if you know) on a normal day?

are you eating enough? And do you enjoy the food you eat? That's very important I think.

I too am within bmi but would like to lose more. I've been calorie counting and that has helped a lot! I've been sticking to no more than 1500 calories Mon-Fri and I make sure I don't skimp of carb or flavour.

as for stacking in the evening, what about a cup of tea while your cooking? That should help distract you and keep you going a little longer. And does your dinner satisfy you? I 9/10 will have an evening snack because it's still within my calorie limit and it tends to be a couple of rice cakes with hummus or cheese spread. Something crunchy and tasty works for me and keeps me going.

sometimes I think it's mind set. I would always snack in the evening so I now I have to really ask myself if I'm hungry and a cuppa usually helps while I'm thinking about it!

Have hears dark choc and b rushing your teeth are good ones.

MatchsticksForMyEyes Thu 18-Feb-16 21:53:48

I'd say 1800 on average as I like some wine in the evening. I have done quite a bit of exercise today though so I've burned 600 more than I put in. I'm really peckish now but not going to have anything.

Jaimx86 Sat 20-Feb-16 14:03:58

Can't you have planned snacks? I ALWAYS have to have something when I get in from the gym after work so to avoid reaching for something unhealthy I have a snack ready to go. I personally love egg so in 2 mins make a microwave omelette with spring onion and then
I'm satisfied until dinner. Alternatively, I've found making a chart works. It's really cheesy, but my dp and I have a white board in the kitchen where we plan our food for the week and tick it off when we've achieved it. Helps us to hold each other to account and makes food prep easy. Will post a pic below.

Jaimx86 Sat 20-Feb-16 14:08:25

See above

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now