I got fed up of dieting. Ate like a pig for a week and have lost 2lbs

(5 Posts)
JeannieSimmons Thu 11-Feb-16 15:19:58

I've been trying to diet since christmas and have not lost anything. I got sick of it last week and said I'd start slimming world this week so inbetween I thought "fuck it, I'll spend this week eating EXACTLY what I want to eat".

That includes sausage rolls, crisps, big chocolate bars every night, biscuits, junky freezer meals - on tuesday my day consisted of:

Breakfast - toast
Lunch - Freezer ready meal, sausage roll, crisps
Dinner - steak slice and beans
supper - chicken burger
Supper 2 - Dairy milk

-

This is a typical day - yet low and behold this morning - the start of my slimming world diet - I'm 2lbs lighter!!! how does that work? I'm almost scared to diet now incase I put it back on!!!

LaurieLemons Thu 11-Feb-16 15:26:41

They say it's not what you're eating, it's how much you eat and they're right. I've given up on diets I just count calories if I've put on a bit of weight. I try to be healthy but it's hard and I find that if I have a bowl of cereal I'm fine but if I had something like eggs and avocado I'd want something after, I just like my sugar!

Congrats on your unhealthy weight loss!!

Millliii Fri 12-Feb-16 16:27:53

Mindful eating is when you eat when your hungry and eat exactly what you want but stop when satisfied. Did you subconsciously do this?

CottonSock Fri 12-Feb-16 16:29:26

For me there is about a weeks lag, it might be the diet working!

toffeeboffin Fri 12-Feb-16 19:15:27

I am actually not that surprised.

You no doubt felt more satiated so didn't over eat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now