Are you vegan? Gluten free? What size are you?

(14 Posts)
hangingoutattheendofmywick Mon 25-Jan-16 09:35:38

Hi all,
I was wondering if I could do a poll - the question being are you a vegan / gluten free person and if so what size are you? Or weight.

My reason for asking is I've changed my eating habits from eating absolute crap. And I mean absolute crap. 4 take aways a week sometimes. And only white carbs & alcohol - to being healthy. I wanted to put things into my body that only nourished me and accidentally really have fallen into a vegan gluten free lifestyle mostly because I bought Deliciously Ella's cookbook & find I'm doing everything she does. I feel much better without all the dairy and meat and wheat and I'm amazed to have lost 10 pounds already. I feel like I could easily live like this for the rest of my life - I'm just wondering if people who live this way of life are generally very slim? (Suppose it's a hopeful question) and just interested.

Ps. I never ever thought I'd eat like this as I was the biggest meat eater you've ever met and lived on bread and cheese. And sugar.

So just asking out of interest.

LiDLrichardsPistachioSack Mon 25-Jan-16 17:08:35

I'm vegan, and find that my set point weight is naturally lower now than it was when I ate animal products.

Well done for changing your diet! I'd look into the ethical and environmental reasons for veganism as well, for some extra inspiration to keep going. The health/weight benefits are just a bonus! smile

user7755 Mon 25-Jan-16 17:27:26

I've just ordered those books thanks to your thread. If I don't like it, I will come back and haunt you!

SpottyDot Thu 28-Jan-16 23:35:49

I eat paleo/lowish carb and lost nearly 2 stone last year by doing this. I had tried to just cut back before but the weight just didn't shift. Went paleo/lowish carb/clean eating and it started moving. I was amazed.
I have Ellas book and also Madeleine Shaws books and my latest addition is Bear Grylls clean eating book

Roonerspism Thu 28-Jan-16 23:39:14

I'm pretty lean. Gluten free and dairy free but I eat eggs and meat.

I will never eat gluten again!

NewBallsPlease00 Thu 28-Jan-16 23:49:45

Currently dairy free and eat very little gluten. If I don't eat sugar I feel sharper which is done days more than others
I eat slot of meat and salad although on non meat or fish days have a broadly vegan diet
The main issue is avoiding dairy when out/ loads of places do good gf but df is inevitably plain salads etz

SpottyDot Fri 29-Jan-16 00:41:29

Rooner can I ask why you would never eat gluten again?

madmother1 Fri 29-Jan-16 00:42:31

I know 2 vegans. They are quote overweight though 😕

AnotherTimeMaybe Fri 29-Jan-16 00:49:32

I'm gluten and dairy free , not vegan and I'm now size 6! Same here not gluten again if I can!

SpottyDot Fri 29-Jan-16 01:03:29

I don't eat gluten or dairy either but just wondered what others reasons are for eating this way smile

AnotherTimeMaybe Fri 29-Jan-16 09:51:05

I started it cause I breastfeed and gluten dairy upset baby. But since I started this, I liose weight easier, not bloated, don't get many colds and my tummy is always flat!!!

SummerMonths Fri 29-Jan-16 09:54:08

My daughter was diagnosed with coeliac at 3 so we decide died to be a gluten free house to help her. I lost 16lbs over my first year of not eating gluten and became size 10. My adult spots also disparaged. Then I went back to work and would eat regular sandwiches for work lunch. Put 9lbs back on, got spotty and felt sluggish and bloated. Have resolved to avoid gluten altogether again.

Roonerspism Fri 29-Jan-16 13:41:22

spotty I just feel so much better without it. I lost the half stone of baby weight without noticing. More energy.

I do still eat carbs though. I'm eat rice and potatoes!

SpottyDot Fri 29-Jan-16 18:16:02

Thanks for telling me why you went gluten/dairy free. I keep losing albeit slowly without them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now