What are you doing to lose weight/keep fit?

(4 Posts)
SheHasAWildHeart Tue 12-Jan-16 13:43:58

Eating better, starting with breakfast. I chop up fruit and veg the night before and whizz them up in my Breville Blend Active and just take sips whilst getting ready. So far so good. Sometimes I make odd combinations with whatever I have at home. This morning I had celery, mango, frozen berries, banana and soya milk!
Starting taking more fruit into work, today I have a banana, orange and apple.
Meal planning and cooking enough in the eating so that I can take some to work for lunch next day. So today I've had a vegetable cottage pie with mushrooms, green lentils, carrots and sweet potatoes.
Conscious effort to drink more water.
Downloaded the 'Steps' app to get myself walking 10,000 steps a day. Have done 2400 so far today. Every little but counts. So instead of using the toilets on my seventh floor office I walk all the way down to the ground floor and at lunch time I went for a walk around the staff car park!
Following Louise Hazel's Four Weeks to Get Fit Plan. Did Day One yesterday and it wasn't easy but I feel better for it.

Any hints and tips appreciated smile What are your weight loss 2016 plans?

UrMyAngelEyes Sat 16-Jan-16 21:05:54

I have a cuppa soup at lunch then a proper meal at night. (Little fat/oil as i can)
I lost 2 stone since may last year. Had 3 weeks off over xmas and put on 9lbs. [Shock]

Im finding it hard to get back into it.
Made a point of going on my fitness couch on the wii 2 days on the trot then 4 hrs gardening yesterday and been lifting loads of wood today. God i hurt lol

Good luck hun

Paleogirl Sun 17-Jan-16 01:52:52

I lost 2 stone last year doing Paleo and have just started doing HITT exercises by following a You tube channel.

Your food looks great SheHasAWildHeart .

MummySparkle Sun 17-Jan-16 01:59:14

I have started running again. I'm hoping to get out at least twice a week.

I bought myself a sistema breakfast pot lunchbox. It has a bit at the bottom for dry cereal and a tray that sits in it at the top for fruit, and a clip in spoon. I don't have time for breakfast at home, but have been eating ready break made with water with blueberries at break time (teacher) means I'm less hungry by lunch and don't snack.

I've been using the my fitness pal app to keep track of everything I eat too, I've found in less likely to eat something bad if I know I have to record it.

And finally I've cut out bread. As in sliced bread of loaves of bread that need cutting. (Banana bread and pizza dough are okay though) haven't had any for two weeks. Forces me to have a salad at lunch time. I love the rainbow salad from Morrison's. I have it with a little bit of cottage cheese and whatever meat we have leftover. The cottage cheese is delicious and about half the calories for double the amount compared with mayonnaise

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now