Would anyone be interested in a diet recipe book thread?

(7 Posts)
hooliodancer Sat 10-Oct-15 12:04:22

I have

Hairy Dieters
Cook yourself Thin
Goks Wok
The new Jamie Oliver Everyday Superfoods
I also cook Delias diet recipes from How To Cook book 3.

It would be nice to hear the good recipes that people have cooked, what has worked or not, outstanding dishes etc.

Last night I cooked Crispy Sea Bass with Pea Mint and Asparagus Mash from the Jamie Oliver book. It was amazing! Restaurant quality, really filling and only 425 calories. My partner said it was 'a revelation'. So worth cooking!

yumyumpoppycat Mon 12-Oct-15 17:01:50

I would be up for a recipe thread! I recently got this eating well made easy, no calories given unfortunately. I have quite a few healthyish eating books languishing on my bookcase so need to start using them.

yumyumpoppycat Mon 12-Oct-15 17:02:49

I have reserved the Jamie book from the library as its on another cook book thread so glad to hear it works dietwise too!

hooliodancer Tue 13-Oct-15 18:22:12

Yes, it is a diet book in disguise! It has all the calories etc.listed.

hooliodancer Wed 14-Oct-15 11:45:43

This morning I had the granola dust from the Jamie book as a porridge. It was gorgeous, much better than having it with yoghurt. It is 400 calories though, loads more than usual porridge, but I suppose better for you because of all the nuts and seeds. I can't help feeling that that's 100 calories I could have had elsewhere!

yumyumpoppycat Wed 14-Oct-15 12:24:14

Oooh yummy under 500 cals delicious and healthy sounds like a winner anyway! I know what you mean though sometimes I think I would rather have parts of a meal as a snack (like peanut butter in a sauce - I would sometimes rather just have a scoop of peanut butter later and eat dry chicken!) I think I need to change my focus and eat proper balanced meals and actually enjoy them and quit the guilt so hopefully the recipe book focus will help with that.

I prob need to make more effort round counting cals. I made a veg lasagne last night in my slow cooker which had lots of veg and actually worked shock at least it was reasonably healthy and cheaper than a shop meat lasagne.

I just plonked spinach eggs and chorizo in a pan for lunch as at home today - unfortunately I burned it blush so sprinkled some grated emmanthel on top!

Nancery Thu 22-Oct-15 22:13:41

Anna Jones -A Modern Way to eat is bloody brilliant. Not a 'diet book' but almost all of it is very healthy (and easy!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now