Who has successfully lost weight.....

(13 Posts)
AboutDunn Sun 23-Aug-15 15:08:23

Can I ask for your successful weight loss stories, who has successfully lost weight and how much? and what worked for you?
Needing some inspiration to keep going!!!

Emz449 Sun 23-Aug-15 19:47:26

I've so far lost 3 and half stone since the beginning of the year through calorie counting and using my fitness pal, I could have lost more by now but slow and steady wins the race! I've also had quite a lot of social weekends and a holiday or two which does slow things up. I have to say I've tried shake diets and low carbing but so far, for me, this has worked the best and I haven't cut anything out, just making sure I stick to my calorie allowance smile I've got about a stone to go to reach my original goal weight so nearly there! I might re-evaluate that when I get there and see how I feel. Good luck with your weight loss!

Blueberry234 Sun 23-Aug-15 19:49:12

Yes, 9.10lbs with surgery. bmi 46 to 22 worth every penny

MaryPoppinsPenguins Sun 23-Aug-15 19:56:31

Emz, if you don't mind could you tell us a bit more about what you eat? And also do you combine it with a certain amount of exercise?

KanyesVest Sun 23-Aug-15 19:59:08

Like Emz, I've lost 4 st with mfp calorie counting and a lot of exercise. It took about 18 months, and again, it could have been done quicker but I wanted to make it a proper lifestyle change. I have taken a break frim actively losing weight in the last 6 months and am pretty much maintaining, but I gotta get back in the wagon to kick this last stone and a half.

Yes. Nearly 4 stone. Mostly with Paul Mckenna. Kept it off for about 2 years so far. I still listen to the track occasionally & still find it easy to control my portion size without feeling hungry. I also mostly follow a low sugar, healthy diet, I don't restrict healthy fats (I eat 3-4 avocados per week, lots of raw nuts & seeds etc). I eat lots of raw fruit & veg & don't eat much meat, especially red meat. Wholegrain everything. I feel hungry & bloated if I eat sugary crap, so if I want chocolate I stick to the really dark, high quality stuff, & only have a couple of squares.

I have a history of ED, & calorie counting, MFP etc, is very triggering for me. It's worrying how many people say they become obsessed with it.

LikeIcan Sun 23-Aug-15 21:07:49

I've lost a stone & a half. Only way I did it was just cutting down on the amount I ate, I didn't follow any specific diet.

Emz449 Sun 23-Aug-15 23:05:35

Hi Mary, I did start off by doing kettlercise two or three days a week but I slipped a disc about three months ago so I haven't attempted it since then! I do walk a lot, 12,000 steps 5 days a week.

Diet wise during Monday - Friday, I usually have porridge/weetabix and banana for breakfast. Lunch would be soup, a babybel and a snack size chocolate bar and for dinner it's protein and veg, chilli with rice, pasta and chicken etc - whatever takes my fancy really! I just make sure that I weigh everything and bulk out my meals with veg and try and have 50g of rice/pasta. For snacks it's nuts and fruit! Weekends I only have about 2 meals - late riser! So I make sure breakfast is amazing. grin

It's more of a change of lifestyle now for me though, I can't see myself not logging things, it's not a pain, just natural! When I go out, either eating or drinking or both, I enjoy it but make sure that the rest of the day I've been good so that I can enjoy the evening smile

sylviassecrets Sat 29-Aug-15 19:35:43

3 stone from 12 st 12lbs down to 9st 12lbs and another stone to go. eating high protein low carb diet and weight training.

Buttercup27 Sat 29-Aug-15 19:43:40

I've lost 3.5 stone in a year and a bit. I counted calories and used my fitness pal to help. I also really upped my exercise. I started with a boot camp twice a week for 6 weeks then running a couple of times a week since.

simplydivine05 Thu 03-Sep-15 22:47:55

I've lost 24lbs since the end of march using my fitness pal. Definitely more of a lifestyle change than a diet and I've had plenty of meals out, takeaways, wine, a holiday where I didn't pay attention to what I ate etc. I haven't done much exercising due to disability but I do toning exercises every single day which I have to or my physio will kick my butt
Keep at it. You'll thank yourself in the end!

raisin3cookies Fri 04-Sep-15 18:57:47

I don't weigh myself, but I have gone from a 20/22 to a size 14 this year so far. I really stepped up the weight loss a few months ago when I stopped eating sugar and started doing yoga & meditation every day. I originally wanted to try for a size 8 goal, but I think size 12 is more realistic.

I'm a sugar addict and refuse to eat it for the rest of my life. I can't go back to sneaking chocolate and cakes throughout the day, every day again.

I do a 16:8 intermittent fast each day, and eat all whole, real foods. I am trying to cut wheat out of my diet completely, as it seems to bloat me a bit, so that's my next goal. I'm vegetarian and eat a lot of dairy and nuts. I suppose you could say I'm on a low-carb, high fat diet. It works for me. I sometimes track my nutrients, but I don't freak out about calories. I'm of the opinion that if the calories come from whole foods it will all even out in the end - it's a lot harder to overeat on carrots and cucumbers than it is to overeat with snickers!

Blodss Fri 04-Sep-15 23:39:01

I have got rid of a stone since the end of June by eating mindfully and eating lots of plant based foods with some protein. I cut out dairy and wheat and white sugar but do have maple and honey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now