How not to stress-eat all my weight back on before my wedding...

(13 Posts)
Katy3Cats Tue 21-Jul-15 10:00:24

I'm juicing currently and loving it (because I'm only doing 5 day one with Jason Vale - so can see the light at the end of the tunnel)

I've lost approx. a stone in advance of my wedding (through power walking and cutting out snacks)

I'm 6ft and currently weigh 13 stone 3, which is jeeeust on the very cusp of the heaviest end of my healthy weight range. If I ate a custard cream right now, I'd tip over into the unhealthy range grin could kill for a custard cream

However, I'm very short-waisted, so I have a thick middle at the moment. Last time I thought I looked good, I was 12.5 (4 years ago!) so I have about 10lbs to lose in 7 weeks.

Any other brides out there who have done/are doing well but now panicking about keeping up momentum as the stress builds?

All tips welcome!

Katy3Cats Tue 21-Jul-15 10:01:26

That should read 12 stone 5 pounds

I'm not 16.5 years old, if that makes sense!

YouMakeMyDreams Tue 21-Jul-15 10:19:59

I don't know but I have 8 weeks to go and my dress fits and when I say fits I mean I may not fit my meal in it on the day. I don't want to lose too much because I obviously don't want it to be too big but every time I lose enough we end up going to a wedding or a weekend away and I eat like anything and then continue once I'm home.
Most people have said they lost weight in the last couple of weeks through stress and lack of time to eat crap. I'm crossing my fingers for that

Katy3Cats Tue 21-Jul-15 10:37:40

Dreams I'm with you there - I've been really organised but there's still loads to do - crossing my fingers 'cause I'm usually a stress eater grin

I've got my final dress fitting this weekend and I think if I get them to make it slightly tight, it'll fit by the time I've lost the last few pounds!

Dowser Tue 21-Jul-15 11:26:55

I want to get 9 lbs off before my wedding in 8 weeks. My dress fits but I want to see if they can remove the breast pads on top of my not inconsiderable bust they are really unnecessary.

I know it's hard but please don't get stressed or sweat the small stuff. Your guests aren't going to notice if something isn't quite how you would have liked it otherwise your wedding day will just be a blur.

The first time I got married it was in the 70 s. then was none of the frills and furbelows of today's weddings. You chose a dress, bridesmaids dresses, flowers ,cake, hymns , rings, venue and food and then left everyone to get onwith it. The groom chose a suit and shirt. My dad wore a smart suit. There was no menu tasting, seat covers, favours for guests and all the other little things. I did my own make up and someone did my hair on the morning.

Apart from the usual last minute nerves it was all pretty relaxed.

We are having our wedding on the beach abroad. I have a long white dress my husband will be smart but casual in white also. Everyone else has been advised to be cool as it will be very hot even at 7 in the evening.

After our wedding we are going to our favourite restaurant for a three course meal and everyone can choose what they want.

The day after our arrival we will go to the local bakery and choose a sponge cake big enough for our 22 guests and I'll go to the florists to choose a small bouquet.

We can walk from the hotel to the beach and back to the restaurant so don't need transport. Thankfully the wedding is in the evening so won't take up too much of our precious holiday time.

Katy3Cats Tue 21-Jul-15 11:32:56

Dowser that sounds lovely!

YouMakeMyDreams Tue 21-Jul-15 13:24:08

Sounds lovely dowser, so relaxed.
TBH I am so far pretty laid back there has been the odd moment of stress and I'm sure there will probably be more but we aren't having loads of the tiny details really. My biggest stress is the order of service at the moment because I cleverly never wrote down the order when we discussed it with the minister and I keep forgetting to call him when I know is most convenient to ask him.
I also really need to give some thought to hoe I am actually getting there, it has been a bit of a standing joke throughout planning because I am probably going to have to end up calling a taxi on the day because I haven't organised anything else. It just keeps slipping my mind but it will probably cause me stress at some point in the next 8 weeks.
I'm hoping I'm kept busy between now and then and don't have time to snack because snacking on crisps is my downfall...they are just sooooo good.

Dowser Tue 21-Jul-15 14:38:51

Thank you. My daughter had a 9 person family wedding in Florida and it was so lovely.

Under the oak trees, overlooking the lake. The reception was at our favourite restaurant with our favourite meal. Rosemary baked chicken pie for starters beef olives and a choice of scrumptious dessert. Washed down with champagne that they allowed us to bring in ourselves.

The groom drove the fifty mile to the location with my mum for company and we took the bride who had her bouquet in a glass of water to keep it fresh in 95 degree heat

Dowser Tue 21-Jul-15 14:39:38

Dreams a taxi would be fine.

YouMakeMyDreams Tue 21-Jul-15 16:39:46

Aww your daughter's wedding sounds like something out a film. I want to come to your family weddings you know how to do it.
Dp and I have both been married before. His first was all singing all dancing mine was just parents and siblings and I loved it.
This one really is just family and close friends which including 16 children from weeks old to 15 it makes a fair number.
Can't wait time seems to have flown but is now standing still.

s88 Tue 21-Jul-15 21:02:20

I'm glad I'm not the only one ! I have 6 weeks to go (and 4 days wink ) and I had done well to lose over a stone (3 months ago!) I just can't seem to get into the right mindset and now have since gained about 4lb .

haven't lost all baby weight and son is now 17 months old . panic with bridesmaid dresses and other minor things set in about 2 weeks ago and that's when iv noticed the pounds creeping .

MUST.NOT.BINGE grin

Dowser Wed 22-Jul-15 07:22:23

Thank you Dreams.
Yours sounds lovely too.
S88 I've logged back into my fitness pal and last night I saw I still had some calories left so had some cheese and a cracker as I didn't want hunger pangs all night . If I hadn't known about my calorie deficit I might have had two but at least I knew roughly how much I could have.

Maybe Mfp might help you.

Sometimes I think their calorie values are way out. Was looking for rice and salmon and some values were ridiculous. We always cook from scratch and you can be over or under by a couple of hundred calories so it's not always easy especially when you only have 1200 like me but it still helps to write it down. I think

YouMakeMyDreams Wed 22-Jul-15 18:00:07

I like my fitness pal. If nothing else it made me awareness how many empty calories I put in my mouth. For the first few days of using it I just ate as I normally would and logged everything. It was a real wake up call to the amount of rubbish I was eating.
I do find it difficult to log calories of home cooked stuff so try to overestimate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now