Shocked by how much I suddenly weigh!

(4 Posts)
cheapandcheerful Mon 15-Jun-15 11:36:29

A year ago I randomly lost a load of weight, without trying or even realising and I ended up weighing less than I was before pregnancy 5 years ago (10.5st).

Anyway, since then I have become much more active, did the couch-to-5k programme over the winter and now run 5k at least once a week.

This morning I thought I would weigh myself, out of interest, and the scales said 11.5st! I thought maybe I had put on a bit of weight (trousers feeling a bit tighter etc) but I am so shocked! I am now according to my BMI 'overweight' which seems crazy seeing as I wear size 12.

Has anyone else had this sudden blow? How did you deal with it?

Usernamesarehard Mon 15-Jun-15 11:41:06

This happened to me after ds2 when I started running regularly! I don't know if I "bulked up" a bit, or started eating more as I was exercising? I'm expecting ds3 any day and am horrified to think what I now weigh... Sorry I can't add anything very useful I just know how you feel and didn't want to read and run!

cheapandcheerful Mon 15-Jun-15 12:00:02

I already hate 5:2 aswell. I'm so hungry and have already consumed half of my allocated calories for the day. I don't think I'm going to be able to hack it... sad

Usernamesarehard Mon 15-Jun-15 14:39:00

Oh god.. I despise diets full stop, there's a 5:2 group/thread on here I think, probably moral support is key!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now