Slimfast for quick start? So cheesed off with myself.

(23 Posts)
thewomaninwhitefluffybunnyears Mon 04-May-15 19:37:47

Hello

Has anyone done this? I am such a yoyo dieter. I lost 3 stone after DD3 and have put 1 stone back on. Keep losing a few pounds and putting it back on. Want to lose that stone again and maybe a bit more but just cannot get a grip as I have done before. It's food that is the issue as doing plenty of exercise. More than I have done before !

I can't face WW again, I just can't. I am really tempted to do slimfast for a week to get me going. Once I am going I am fine. I am just struggling to get that first week done. It's the planning. Work is stupid atm (worked every day for weeks - even this am!). If I have time I am okay as can plan and cook good meals. I think this is why I find slimfast appealing as if I have something to eat/know what it is, I won't eat the wrong thing.

It's not a forever solution and I know that, just the kick up the arse I need. Has it worked for anyone else?

Thanks

LimeFizz Mon 04-May-15 19:43:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tortoisesarefab Mon 04-May-15 19:45:59

I have just bought slim fast today for the same reasons. I am sick of being overweight now and have at least 2 stone, preferably 2.5 to lose. I have 2 young dc's and I just don't have the time to plan meals out so thought i would give slim fast a go. Day 1 tomorrow

thewomaninwhitefluffybunnyears Mon 04-May-15 19:48:28

Oooh thanks LimeFizz. That is reassuring. Well done, it sounds like you have done well. Do you have two of the slim fast drinks and then eat something sensible or just fruit? I have not really looked into yet.

Good luck Tortoise, I hope that day 1 goes well for you tomorrow! What did you buy?

tortoisesarefab Mon 04-May-15 20:04:03

I bought the chocolate shake, there was limited choice in the supermarket I was in so just got that and a packet of cheese cracker things for one of my snacks. I am planning on having fruit for my other 2 snacks. I will also go to a bigger supermarket tomorrow and see if I can get the meal bars, I have had them before and they were nice. I also think I would struggle to drink 2 shakes everyday. Starting day one of the couch to 5k tomorrow too! I need to stick to it this time!!!

thewomaninwhitefluffybunnyears Mon 04-May-15 20:08:17

Thanks Tortoise. I am going to head to our local supermarket and see what they have I think tomorrow. Need to get going smile Good luck with the slimfast and also with the couch to 5k. I started last year and can easily run 5k now. I did two 10ks last year and I am so not a runner. I enjoy it! Music is the key and good trainers for me anyway.

tortoisesarefab Mon 04-May-15 20:12:45

Ahh thanks. So encouraging to know that it can be done when you are not a runner in the first place. I have just seen that the slim fast range is half price in superdrug at the moment if you have one near you

thewomaninwhitefluffybunnyears Mon 04-May-15 20:20:37

Oooh, thanks Tortoise. I might see if I can locate the nearest one!

It can be done, I am 38. ONly started liking running at 36 (almost 37!).

BlinkingHeck Mon 04-May-15 20:22:31

Op I'm wondering if I should do the same. sick of yoyoing going between Ww and Sw.

thewomaninwhitefluffybunnyears Mon 04-May-15 20:26:01

Worth a shot BlinkingHeck? I am going to give it a go. Good luck if you do smile

BlinkingHeck Mon 04-May-15 20:26:56

Thanks, going on holiday in July need to do something. Good luck to you too.

DingleberryFinn Mon 04-May-15 20:34:26

I would swerve Slimfast like the plague, based on its sugar content. Much better cutting back on sugar. Harcombe diet, maybe, if you're looking for a kick-start?

thewomaninwhitefluffybunnyears Mon 04-May-15 21:31:20

Thanks DingleberryFinn. I had not thought about that. Will check it out. I am veggie for the Harcombe Diet would be no good for me. Thanks though, I did check it out. I am all for any help I can get to kick start. I am my own worst enemy smile

LimeFizz Mon 04-May-15 22:07:54

caravanista13 Mon 04-May-15 22:18:42

Slimfast is great for portion control and getting on track - I used it 12 years ago, went on to lose 3.5 stone and have kept it off.

caravanista13 Mon 04-May-15 22:19:15

Slimfast is great for portion control and getting on track - I used it 12 years ago, went on to lose 3.5 stone and have kept it off.

mrsmeerkat Mon 04-May-15 22:24:49

I have a couple of cans and a wedding to go to this weekend so I am planning on doing it. Cannot shift the baby weight

pnutter Mon 04-May-15 22:31:05

I'm going to try slimfast too for the first time just as a kick start . I'm currently eating out of control and have a stone at least to lose

tortoisesarefab Tue 05-May-15 09:54:03

The harcome diet looks good diggleberry. Think I might get organised and start it next week. Failed this morning because I thought you made slim fast with semi skimmed but it's skimmed! I had it anyway to get started

220hawthorn Tue 05-May-15 16:42:42

I brought two tins of slim fast from superdrug. Chocolate and banana. Both tasted nice but aware some people think the pre mixed drinks taste nicer. My biggest problem is I am a binge / compulsive eater and I find I get on better by removing food from the equation. I can't just have one biscuit it's the whole pack etc. I n the first week I only lost 1.5lb despite sticking to it rigidly . Maybe this is due to the sugar / carb content??because the loss was so minimal I lost heart very quickly and last week didn't follow it properly and havve gained it back. Had a bad day today with horrendous amounts of chocolaté.could wé start a support group where wé follow thé plan with our start weight and height and age and do a weekly weigh in . ???

LimeFizz Wed 06-May-15 17:51:47

Sallycinnamum Wed 06-May-15 18:00:30

I've used Slimfast in the last to lose weight quickly for an event or if I'm going on holiday.

I usually do it for a week to kick start me into eating better again and as long as you stick to it I find it very efffective- short term anyway.

Yes, it's full of sugar blah, blah, blah but it's easy to make and I can shift 6lbs in a matter of days rather than a month it would take on WW.

At the moment I need to shift half a stone before going on holiday in a fortnight so I've given myself two weeks to get rid but I'm already 3lbs down in two days.

I know all too well it's not brilliantly healthy but as a short term fix it works for me.

shattered77 Wed 06-May-15 20:14:52

LimeFizz, what is the fb group called? It's 3 for 2 at Tesco. I'm on it from tomorrow for two weeks for a wedding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now