Breastfeeding and constantly hungry

(5 Posts)
technosausage Tue 06-May-14 17:03:09

Hello, I'm currently breastfeeding my 4 week old dd and plan to do so until she self weans, I also have ds 20 months. I'm currently 87kg size 16/18 before my children I would naturally sit at size 12. I would like to lose the baby weight and i'm getting married next may and would like to be a 12 again. I'm just constantly hungry, I walk everywhere but I'm craving crappy food. My diet is generally ok, lots of fruit and veg. I just need to put the biscuits down! Any advice?

FatalCabbage Tue 06-May-14 17:23:20

Sounds similar to me! I've gone no-sugar, so I can still eat but biscuits, cake, sweets, chocolate etc are completely off the menu and within a week or two I'd lost my taste for them.

I don't feel much thinner but I've lost over a stone, I've ditched the biggest trousers, and my face has thinned out a lot.

technosausage Tue 06-May-14 18:57:37

That's the kind of food I always crave, I'm trying to drink loads of water and fill up on the right foods which I do during the day, its the evenings and during the night feeds that get to me.

NoIamAngelaHernandez Tue 06-May-14 18:59:36

I ate loads when bf my DTs and lost 7 st in a year.

Hoping the same will happen with this one ( now 27 weeks)

crazyhead Fri 09-May-14 14:39:12

Similar - though I have lost most of the baby weight and I only have half a stone to lose now - my second DS is now 6 months so we're onto solids alongside the milk. I found Weightwatchers online the best during the hungry bf bit - it forced me to really seek out filling stuff/still have some treats whilst feeding. You get so many points that it is pretty easy to lose weight as long as you aren't kidding yourself about the block of cheddar you are snacking on every day smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now