How much weight can I lose in 6 weeks?

(5 Posts)
CabbagesAndKings Sat 26-Apr-14 13:49:06

Realistically speaking?

I have a wedding to go to. Ideally I would like to be a stone or lighter. Am 10'11 and would like to be back in the 9s.

I eat healthily- a lot of veg, everything cooked from scratch- but I put weight on after getting the implant in 2 years ago. My downfall is chocolate, so I know I need to cut out the sugary things and up the exercise. I walk everywhere as we don't have a car, I go for a 7 mile walk at least once a week, and run/cycle a bit- a few miles a week. It's been neglected over Easter though.

I am 5'6 and in my 20s. Quite sturdy build, big shoulders. Put on weight easily, but struggle to get it off.

Any advice?

BrokenDownstairs Sat 26-Apr-14 17:34:16

I think a stone is fair in 6 weeks

CabbagesAndKings Sat 26-Apr-14 17:37:02

Ideally I would hope so, but everywhere i look it says that about 1lb is sustainable/ the right way to do it.

specialsubject Sat 26-Apr-14 18:24:30

6lb healthily. Stop eating the choc and move around more.

putting on weight is easier because we all like eating too much and moving too little.

your weight is fine for your height, and you certainly aren't going to lose 2 stone except by starvation or amputation.

iggymama Sat 26-Apr-14 21:04:57

You sound very fit and active. Have you considered trying kettle bells to tone up rather than focus on weight loss? I have heard they can change your body shape quite quickly and most sports centres seem to have classes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now