A 30 day experiment

(71 Posts)
Pompbear Mon 24-Mar-14 21:26:10

to see how much weight I can actually shift if I really go at it. I'll post properly tomorrow but I wanted to at least start tonight.

Jan 1st: 15.3sad sad
Today: 14.9
30 days from now....

I'm vLCD and I can vow to weigh and post every day.

Pompbear Sun 06-Apr-14 19:02:10

crazy busy week. kept forgetting to post. but still going! 13.10 this morning so close to a stone. woohoooooooo! 15 days to go now (I think?). how is everyone else doing?

Pompbear Mon 07-Apr-14 08:27:05

13.9. a Stone gone smile smile smile smile smile smile

Pompbear Mon 07-Apr-14 08:27:44

Ruby, Twinkle, Joules, how are you all getting on??

Joules68 Mon 07-Apr-14 09:33:06

Been doing a lot of running.... Half marathon on sat! App said I'd used 1900 calories running just under the 13 miles, and I hadn't eaten a thing at that point! Had wine in the evening but been trying to stick to good stuff food wise

Have juiced. Not as much as I'd like though

Got called to a work meeting and avoided thd cake on offer

Need to do a weigh in.

Pompbear Mon 07-Apr-14 09:57:57

wow Joules!! I'm well impressed by your running.

I go to spinning and body pump as much as I can and throw in some swimming and road cycling. but tbh cos of diet I don't massively push myself. I just want to get to the point that exercise is just what I do so when I come off vlcd I'm totally in the routine. makes sense in my head!

Pompbear Mon 07-Apr-14 21:54:30

Twinkle?? hope you're doing OK?

I did c25k tonight. was about to jack it in when the woman said I could cool down so pretty chuffed I managed it. was bloody tough though. but at NY size pretty much everything is. got to Keep Going!!

RufusTheReindeer Tue 08-Apr-14 10:58:40

Well done pombear

Good idea re the exercise, I am not doing any at the moment...I am keeping it in reserve as my secret weapon (and I'm lazy, and it's cold outside)

Pompbear Tue 08-Apr-14 22:01:11

thanks Rufus, swim and a sauna tonight. been out with the dcs all day and am shattered so a swim was all I could manage!

eaten a bag of almonds because I forgot to take my shakes on our day our. I need to work on my organisation skills!!

TwinkleSparkleBling Tue 08-Apr-14 22:29:05

Evening! I'm doing OK not weighing until Sunday but was 10lbs at last check.

Got a weekend away which is going to be tough but will stay strong. On the going out front, have you tried bars pomp? Slim and save do a marvellous choc and orange one that is delicious.

I'm sooo impressed with the exercising. DC are in nursery tomorrow morning so I may just be inspired to go for a swim, alternatively I may remain like Rufus and just MN for the morning grin.

I've spent this afternoon sorting out my wardrobe, car-booting all winter stuff (and fat association clothes) and getting out all my lovely dresses that I WILL get back into in the next month. I find when I'm doing VLCD I start to get everything in my life organised, if that makes sense, I'm even thinking of tackling the kitchen cupboards next week! Anyone else like this?

Pompbear Wed 09-Apr-14 21:20:15

wow twinkle great loss!!

I'm pissed off today (pmt) and felt sorry for myself all day. surrounded by yummy food (cream tea etc) and kind if been thinking "sod this. I still look look like the back end of a bus, I'm eating a CAKE. I don't care about being fat!" but I didn't. going to bed early in the hope I wake up in a better mood tomorrow

Pompbear Thu 10-Apr-14 08:26:57

feeling much better today thankfully. AND 13.5 wooooobloodyhoooooo!!

RubySlippers77 Sun 13-Apr-14 23:18:14

Hi Pompbear! Sorry for going AWOL, I've been away with work and away with OH, both great but with lots of ensuing calories sad how have you been getting on? Congratulations on doing amazingly well so far!!

I've received my Harcombe pack now, just haven't had chance to do anything with it - ie read it, plan, buy food etc! But, I was thinking that I could also use it as an opportunity to have 30 days to sort my life out a bit - try to deal with the things that stress me, set up an exercise routine, improve my beauty regime etc. At least the days off over Easter would give me more time to consider what needs to be done.

I have my first appt at the gynae clinic a week on Thursday and am worried that they'll tell me that our difficulties in conceiving are due to my weight. Realistically I don't think they are - OH had a low sperm count at his last test 5 years ago, we've been trying for a year now and I was a stone lighter then, and I'm only half a stone or so overweight now - but you never know, and I don't want them to use that as an excuse not to offer us further treatment.

How are you getting on with the Cambridge diet, has it been a useful choice for you?

UrethraFranklin Tue 15-Apr-14 13:01:47

You're doing amazing pompbear! Wish I had your motivation smile

Joules68 Tue 15-Apr-14 17:02:54

I 'm still juicing but have really stepped up my running. feel my thighs have shrunk lately. I'm also working out more at bootcamp,not weighed myself in a while though

you're doing well! areyou dropping sizes as you go?

Pompbear Wed 16-Apr-14 07:16:12

my scales have died sad so not sure what I weigh but I'm almost 2 sizes smaller. I started out a size 18shock ( I'm 5 ft so looked like a fit ball with legs) and I'm now a comfortable 16 (starting to get a bit loose) and some of my 14s fit too. grin

stepped up the exercise now the weather is improving

Pompbear Wed 16-Apr-14 07:17:33

sounds like a really good plan Ruby. I conceived both mine whilst on cambridge strangely enough. hope your appointment goes well. x

RubySlippers77 Wed 16-Apr-14 12:53:21

Well done pompbear, you must be really pleased!!

I'm not doing so well, stress always seems to send me scurrying back to the carbs :-( work is stressful and home is stressful whilst we're TTC and seem to be getting nowhere :-( good thing I don't have my appointment today, I'd probably blub on the nurse....

I need to get my head back in the right place (potentially after scoffing my Easter egg!) because I do need to lose some weight, get back to the exercise and generally feel a bit better about myself.

Pompbear Thu 24-Apr-14 21:05:24

I got to 12.13!!!!! SO. My next challenge is to lose 3 stone (my final goal). Hoping to do it in 3 months.

How is everyone else getting on??

Pompbear Tue 29-Apr-14 16:59:53

have I lost you all?! had a few days off and back on it now.

RubySlippers77 Wed 07-May-14 23:27:19

Hey Pompbear - sorry, I have been on my holidays, got back Monday!! Back at work yesterday, boo :-(

Rejoined my local Rosemary Conley class tonight - I just don't seem to have the motivation to do this on my own. Healthy food packed for tomorrow, let's hope it's all systems go!

How are you getting on? x

prawnypoos Tue 13-May-14 22:17:01

Wow wow wow!! Pompbear!! Well done!! I'm on day 2 (we all have to start somewhere) of my diet. I've lost over 4 stone before and kept it off for 4 years then had my DD 9 months ago and have piles the pound back on. I

I've only just felt focused enough to do something about it but believe I have about 5-6 stones to lose. At my last weigh in I was just under 15 stones! I'm 5'6. I have cut out all the crap I was eating before, just hoping I have the will power to stick with it. Threads like this are inspiring me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now