A 30 day experiment

(71 Posts)
Pompbear Mon 24-Mar-14 21:26:10

to see how much weight I can actually shift if I really go at it. I'll post properly tomorrow but I wanted to at least start tonight.

Jan 1st: 15.3sad sad
Today: 14.9
30 days from now....

I'm vLCD and I can vow to weigh and post every day.

Sparklysilversequins Wed 26-Mar-14 11:36:40

Your post of 18.51 yesterday is bang on pompbear. I reduced calories drastically to lose my baby weight quickly and I have never put it back on, in fact I am lighter than I was pre babies. If you lose weight quickly and then continue eating sensibly you'll be fine.

Pompbear Wed 26-Mar-14 12:30:26

Thanks Sparkly, and well done you on keeping it off!

We all generally know what we need to do to be healthy/fit/be the right weight etc. The trouble is actually doing it.

I don't re-gain weight because I haven't learnt new habits or I don't know what/how to eat well. I re-gain because I like food, and I like to eat. I eat healthily but I allow myself too many treats and eat large portions - because I enjoy both. And I don't particularly enjoy exercise. I do it, sometimes I like it, and I feel smug afterwards, but generally there are about 156 things I'd rather spend my limited spare time doing. So I have to push myself to go, and sometimes, I just CBA.

But what I am feeling lately is that I'd rather feel like I look ok in the mornings before I leave for work, not cringe as I pass the mirror, not try a thousand outfits on before I find one that actually fits, than satisfy my food desires/cravings. I think I really would (at this age and after this amount of yo-yoing) rather feel a bit dissatisfied after meals/snacks than feel shite ever time I look at myself.

I enjoy healthy food, but I really would like to eat whatever I want! Which I obviously can't do. I'm at the point of accepting it's kind of one or the other (for me anyway). Yeah I can have the odd sugary thing/treat/whatever but I cannot have whatever I want, and be slim. Not possible. Something has to give. And I've accepted it's the food. For all the reasons I wrote earlier. So it's a kind of battle that I'll just have to keep going with, and kind of accept that it may well always feel like a bit of a battle. Ho hum.

RubySlippers77 Thu 27-Mar-14 07:20:24

Very true Pompbear! Like you I know what I should be eating, but what I want to eat is very different (she says, looking longingly at a pack of Mini Eggs nearby!!)

For me the Harcombe plan is relatively easy in that way, for you, it sounds like the Cambridge plan is a great help. However we get there, we will get there in the end smile

Have a great day!

Pompbear Thu 27-Mar-14 08:46:27

Have you started Ruby? I can't remember much apart from some sort of brown rice cereal I ate on it.... Good luck with it.

I managed Bodypump and a quick swim last night so pretty pleased with that.

14.6 smile

Pompbear Thu 27-Mar-14 08:50:18

Ooh, mini eggs...! Wrong time of year for trying to lose weight. I am convinced chocolate tastes much nicer when it's egg shaped, and all the bloody supermarkets thrust them at you right at the door. Evil. Pure bloody Evil!

Chocolate shake for breakfast...

Pompbear Fri 28-Mar-14 11:27:32

14.4 woohooooo!

way2serious Sat 29-Mar-14 12:47:28

Am watching your thread with interest. How much today?

Joules68 Sat 29-Mar-14 12:54:26

Don't know about all the shakes etc but I often juice. Liquid diet I guess, so a similar thing

I did the 5lb in 5 days and lost 10lbs. Then went back to eating sensibly ( clean eating is my default 'diet') kept it off, so now considering doing the same juice cleanse/detox again

I regularly juice anyway. Usually green juice or beet root. So not that much fruit involved. Works for me

5 stone gone so far

I also exercise lots. And run. Good luck!

RufusTheReindeer Sat 29-Mar-14 15:36:54

How are you doing pombear?

Pompbear Sun 30-Mar-14 10:22:45

Away for the weekend so no scales.... but still on track. Not drinking enough water but LOADS of walking so I'll hopefully see a loss on Monday morning.

Joules68 Sun 30-Mar-14 10:26:29

Did you take measurements? Sometimes a tape measure is as good as the scales

Pompbear Sun 30-Mar-14 10:27:16

wow Joules that's amazing! I totally believe you just need to do whatever works for you to get the weight off, and then work out a maintenance plan. That's the bit you have to get right. NY maintenance plan is low carb ish and 'clean'. Makes total sense, is properly healthy and easy to stick to generally in terms if food available and eating out. its just the willpower to not over eat I need but I do think I'm in control of that now (as much as anyone with a huge love of food can be).

hope everyone else doing well, Ruby how is harcombe going?

RubySlippers77 Sun 30-Mar-14 17:25:59

Well done Pompbear!

TBH Harcombe hasn't started..... I was so busy with my OH's work this past week (he's self employed, I help him with paperwork) and I'm away with work this week, so I've been eating whatever's handy and wishing that it was next Saturday, so I can finally have a lie in!! I am exhausted already, and that's without a 3.30am start on Tuesday.....

My plan for next week is:
- try to not panic too much about the work trip - even the packing is flustering me
- relax(ish) and enjoy the work conference, with the help of a few drinks smile
- order the Harcombe 30 day pack, so it's ready when I get back
- do a proper shop, so I have fresh stuff to eat again.

In a way I'm looking forward to 'clean eating' as I know it does make me feel better - but I'm looking forward to some sleep more!!

Pompbear Sun 30-Mar-14 21:19:30

i do have a piece of string the sane as my starting waist and one for my hips....

Sounds like a good plan Ruby. hope you get the sleep you need and enjoy the conference (and drinks!)

TwinkleSparkleBling Mon 31-Mar-14 19:18:01

Hi Pomp

How are you doing? I'm planning on a weigh in tomorrow for a bit of a boost hopefully.

I was tempted to eat today and thought of you...just 21 days to go grin

Pompbear Mon 31-Mar-14 19:57:30

14.2 today. Tough week coming up though

Joules68 Mon 31-Mar-14 20:38:28

Prepare for it and you'll get through it.... Unlike me! Was juicing this week but have forgotten a few ingredients so it will be post phoned til I get it all in!

TwinkleSparkleBling Mon 31-Mar-14 22:58:13

Do it a day or even a meal at a time.

I find it helps thinking I can actually eat whatever I want to, I'm just choosing the meal replacement because it's enabling me to get to the weight I want to be. If I think I want x and can't have it I get grumpy and rebel!

Pompbear Tue 01-Apr-14 13:02:29

Twinkle, I think our brains were separated at birth! I hate feeling like I'm "obeying rules".

I had a coffee with sugar free syrup in today on the way to work - because I'm shattered with DCs waking uber early since the clock changes and I don't actually think it was sugar free (no weird sweetner aftertaste). So I'm just hoping it hasn't knocked me out of ketosis.

How are you getting on? I never use messages so I can't tell if you got my reply or not..? I did reply but I can't see it in my messages so I hope it worked!

Pompbear Tue 01-Apr-14 13:04:12

Joules, what kinds of things do you put in your juices?

Pompbear Tue 01-Apr-14 13:05:30

19 days to go I just realised. So a third in. Could have done far more exercise than I have done so I'm going to try and increase that.

Joules68 Tue 01-Apr-14 15:06:34

I prefer the green juices... So Apple base with celery, spinach,cucumber,kale,lemon and maybe whizz in some avocado.

Beet root juices are nice too. I try to keep them lowish carb

Pompbear Wed 02-Apr-14 16:06:36

I'm thinking of doing some juicing in.maolintenance Jules and yours sound good! mainly to make sure I eat enough veg.

Pompbear Wed 02-Apr-14 16:08:25

bit of a disaster today. forgot my shakes and on my feet all day. are half a pair and 3 mini chedders just to keep me going. big gym session last night so no way I could gave made it through the day on nothing just guzzling 2 shakes now!

beautiful sunny day though!

TwinkleSparkleBling Thu 03-Apr-14 00:01:40

Pomp, yes got your reply, agree with all you said!

I've struggled today had a weigh and haven't lost anything since Sunday. I was grrrrrr and thought what's the point?

Also DD2's birthday tomorrow and been cake making and thinking oh I'll probably have something to eat then so might as well have something now as I haven't lost any weight.

In actual fact the food wasn't worth it and I know that I certainly won't lose anything for a few days now. I think I'll probably stay on the packs tomorrow. Definitely feel more in control about the choices I'm making than I have done recently.

Joules I'm impressed you like the beetroot juice, I can still taste it almost 10 days later and the thought makes me heave! I love beetroot too! I really liked the carrot, apple and ginger.

Pomp what exercise are you going to try?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now