Getting rid of The Stomach

(2 Posts)
AllYourBassClefsBelongToUs Mon 17-Feb-14 13:47:28

No matter what I do I can't shift my stomach. I carry all my weight round there and I just don't know what to do to get it down in proportion with the rest of my body.

I've had 2 babies in the last 2.5 years and not having any more so I'm really keen to get my body back to a reasonable shape. I had 2 CSs so I've got that horrible overhang shadow thing which I think would look better if my stomach was slimmer. My waist is 100cm which my BBC Health tape measure says makes me dangerously overweight!

I'm 5ft 9 and 11 stone, ideally I'd lose a stone as I look best about 10st. I'm doing a tonne of cardio, I've given up massive amounts of sugar, I don't eat huge portions of anything. My main weakness is wine and I have a glass a night... ish. I'm planking every day. I just don't know what exercises I should do to get rid of the stomach, any ideas please??

Newrowsees Tue 18-Feb-14 22:25:10

You're not overweight by any means. But it sounds like you might have a higher than ideal body fat %. If you're already doing lots of cardio and not seeing results, I'd recommend 1) Strength training (lift as heavy weights as you can with good form - perhaps see a trainer to start you off in the right direction), and 2) Review your diet. You've mastered portion control, but are you eating the right things? You may want to concentrate on increasing your protein intake with lots of lean meat, veggies, fish, eggs etc. Fewer carbs, definitely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now