Low carb diet - did it work and stay off for you? If not, why not?

(9 Posts)
StoneToGo Sun 16-Feb-14 18:23:29

There is a very good thread in the 5:2 section asking why 5:2 hasn't worked for some people, so I thought I would ask the same question here (also in weight loss chat as presumably not many people will be here if it hasn't worked).

For me, I lost stacks of weight last year low carbing, but as soon as a I had carbs again (not massed, just a few glasses of wine and bit of Easter chocolate) it piled on faster than ever and I am pretty much the heaviest I have ever been (still normal weight, but a stone over where I would ideally be). I'm just not sure how I would have introduced carbs more slowly if circumstances hadn't allowed it - ie holiday/work trip.

So, if it hasn't worked for you, or has worked but you put it (and more?) back on, please tell me about it!

Joules68 Sun 16-Feb-14 19:37:23

I lost just under 5 stone last year low carbing

Over Xmas I ate normally, well, as normal as you can do over xmas. Put about 6 pounds back on

Lost that between jan and now.

Now I'm going to embark on my next 2 stone. Seems very effective for me

mercibucket Sun 16-Feb-14 19:40:49

is wine carbs?
oh no!

StoneToGo Sun 16-Feb-14 20:43:41

Fraid so mercibucket - gin and slimline tonic is better (don't really like it though). Or maybe I'm wrong - hopefully someone will tell me I am.

mercibucket Sun 16-Feb-14 20:46:55

oh no this is genuinely gutting information

no wonder low carbing didnt work lol

StoneToGo Sun 16-Feb-14 21:13:48

sad I hoped you were posting to tell me I was wrong. There must be a diet somewhere with wine as the central feature - non?

Joules68 Sun 16-Feb-14 21:33:48

You can have a little wine if you want, low carbing isn't a diet, it's a way of eating

Not on induction though

natray89 Sun 16-Feb-14 22:31:22

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

StoneToGo Sun 23-Feb-14 13:39:00

Thanks natray - only just seen this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now