Losing last vanity 10 lbs

(12 Posts)
Parsley1234 Mon 10-Feb-14 20:22:10

Lost 35lbs with lighter life maintained for 3 years am 140lbs 5ft 7 so I'm happy but Wd love to lose last 7 to 10lbs have tried lighter life again to no avail and am now doing coach to 5k plus walking 4 miles alternate days any tips from anyone whose done that final push ?

I can't think of a way to say this anything but bluntly so forgive me.

At that weight and height I'm guessing you look fabulous and constantly trying to lose weight when you don't need to is the thing that gets you into dieting and yo-yoing for the whole of your life

After doing so well on such a restrictive diet it's going to be hard enough to maintain it without trying to lose more.

notyummy Mon 10-Feb-14 20:30:16

What you need to do is strength training. You will stay about the same weight but look slimmer and drop body fat. Running will only get you so far and will not transform your body. You don't need to lose weight- it's purely down to what your body looks like and a mixture of strength and Pilates style stuff could deliver that.

Parsley1234 Mon 10-Feb-14 20:55:15

Thank you maintained for three years so I'm eating normally not worried about gaining strength training I'm not sure exactly what that us isn't lunges squats crunches ?

notyummy Mon 10-Feb-14 21:12:25

Yes- a mixture of high intensity cardio and weights would do it. So think press ups (lots of, ideally full ones) squats and lunges with weights. Body pump if you go to the gym. 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30 (Jillian Michaels DVDs) if you don't.

Parsley1234 Mon 10-Feb-14 21:14:23

Is running not high cardio excuse ignorance and ill look into 30 day shred what about food wise? Sounds good though lose inches so look toned x

notyummy Mon 10-Feb-14 21:31:41

High intensity cardio should be short bursts of efforts that you can only maintain for a minute or so, so running would count but only if you are doing efforts- google tabata to see what I mean. Short bursts of stuff that is so intense you will probably feel sick afterwards (or you are not working hard enough!) The good news is that it doesn't last that long.

notyummy Mon 10-Feb-14 21:32:44

If you alter your exercise you will notice a difference without changing diet tbh, but you could up the protein and cut our white carbs as well if you don't already. You will be lean in no time- just don't overdo !

Parsley1234 Mon 10-Feb-14 21:42:31

Thank you very much x

newbieman1978 Wed 12-Feb-14 16:08:48

Though I'm a man I'm a similar height to you at 5'8 I find that I'm slender and fairly ripped at between 9 1/2 and 10 stone. I do a fair bit of running and do a kettle bells class once a week which helps with strength and conditioning.

Well done on losing weight and maintaining it but my question would be what have you learnt about food if you can't alter your diet slightly in order to lose those last few pounds? (sorry if that sounds harsh)

You simply need to cut out a few (try 200 a day to start) calories and pehaps up the tempo of your exercise and you will lose weight.

Parsley1234 Wed 12-Feb-14 18:35:43

No not harsh atall I learnt that if I overeat one day icut down the next that I always crave carbs 10 days before period and I go with it knowing that I'm less hungry then that I made exercise part of my life. Seems just impossible to lose that last 10 lbs prob need to be really serious look at all calories and up exercise

newbieman1978 Wed 12-Feb-14 19:18:12

Sounds like you know the score Parsley. If you are serious about it and work out your calories properly even without extra exercise you will do it no problem.

Good luck.

Oh..... if you like fried rice, google Cauliflower rice. Beautiful with prawns or a bit of chicken.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now