Dark chocolate recommendations?

(17 Posts)
RunRabbit Mon 10-Feb-14 00:41:52

I bought some Green & Blacks 80/85%(?). It was awful. Seriously horrible. Made me want to be sick.

Are there any nicer ones?

Innogen Mon 10-Feb-14 00:43:46

Bourneville has always been my fave.

I've no clue about the health/calories but it tastes fab.

takingawhile Thu 13-Feb-14 08:57:40

I love the green and blacks 85 percent but I moved to that percentage slowly... A tip, have it with a milky coffee! Otherwise for you (chocolate lover that I am) maybe try Lindt 70 percent...(divine is nice too, but most are ok) It's much sweeter. I notice I I switch to milk chocolate and sweeter foods my taste buds adapt and I then find dark chocolate too bitter. I can genuinely say I now absolutely adore dark chocolate and loathe milk- milk seems far too sickly.

Any other chocolate questions fire them this way, I'm ashamed to say I think I have tried every chocolate on this earth :-) but makes me feel slightly happy that I have a subject i know something about! Ha. Good luck with tryin out the chocolates... I've missed my vocation in life obviously!

takingawhile Thu 13-Feb-14 08:58:41

Ps actually loathe milk chocolate isn't true but I used to adore cadbury's as a child and now it tastes far too sweet.

ProfessorDent Thu 13-Feb-14 17:25:17

I like the Green and Black's orange and something flavour. Otherwise, Lindt do a massive range of plain chocolate of course, all kinds, I like orange, also the mint. Very moorish though, not many of the tiny bars. You get nice tiny bars at Pret, milk and cadoman (sp?) very tasty I find.

Piscivorus Thu 13-Feb-14 17:28:21

I have developed a real taste for Lindt Excellence dark chocolate with Sea Salt although I can still quite happily eat Cadburys!

teaandthorazine Thu 13-Feb-14 17:31:48

I don't like G&B in anything 'stronger' than 70%. Agree you need to 'build up' to it anyway though if you're not used to v dark chocolate! Your tastebuds need time to adapt.

Divine do a lovely 70% dark choc with raspberries. And if you have an Aldi nearby, their Moser Roth 70% is a good place to start. Cheap and comes in individually wrapped bars.

LastingLight Thu 13-Feb-14 17:43:59

I second the Lindt Sea Salt, it's my favourite chocolate.

HyvaPaiva Thu 13-Feb-14 17:47:13

Tesco Finest Swiss Chocolate Orange and Almond is really lovely

Lidl Ecuador Dark Chocolate with Raspberry is also very good

evertonmint Thu 13-Feb-14 17:51:34

I prefer Montezuma's over G&B for dark choc. Their Lordy Lord (dark choc with cocoa nibs) and Spice it Up (with ginger) are both lovely. Think both are 70% which is much nicer than 80-85% I find.

LadyStark Thu 13-Feb-14 17:54:14

I like Lindt 90% dipped in coffee, yum!

Lidl does some delicious dark choc some with orange and some with raspberry. Delicious.

yummystepford Thu 13-Feb-14 17:57:27

I really love bourneville. But I'm not a dark chocolate fan so this is a bit in between the 2! Yummy chocolatey hit that you don't get from milk chocolate.

honeybunny14 Thu 13-Feb-14 18:01:36

Tesco finest dark choc with mint is my fave

Osmiornica Thu 13-Feb-14 20:17:41

I buy aldi's 85% choc and it's lovely.

Mintrabbitt Sat 15-Feb-14 21:55:08

Marks and Spencer do a reasonable dark chocolate that is sold in a tube - it contains discs of pre wrapped chocolate that are about 40 calories a go. They've certainly helped me keep my sanity.

HaveYouHeardOfGoogle Sat 15-Feb-14 22:03:36

I love Tesco own brand dark chocolate. It's only 30p too! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now