Paul McKenna Can Make Us Thin! Thread Number 14 ~ A Simple Title, for Simple Weight Loss and All amongst Friends!!

(692 Posts)
Solo Fri 10-Jan-14 14:45:59

Welcome to thread 14 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded friendly support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. After all, eating a meal is not a competition, it's about enjoying what you are putting into your mouth and body, but not feeling bloated and uncomfortable (or guilty) afterwards!
Many people have issues around food. Many of us have been brought up by the 'clear your plate' parents of yesteryear which leave us feeling guilty if we leave even the smallest morsel of food, but we are working through this guilt or any other hang up we may have, and we are learning to leave a bit on the plate; return to it another time if we really want to or even feed it to the dog or the bin!
So!! forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!! Let's get lighter for those summer outfits!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry and that is a great way to feel when you are dropping dress sizes at the same time!!! so come on in and start living your new life today and make 2014 your year to drop a dress size or several...if we can get those lbs off a few at a time, just think how we could look and feel for the sunny summer time!!!
Some of our thread members are also doing PMK's Virtual Gastric Band and although this thread is not about this avenue, we will still be supportive of our friends partaking of this, so don't think we won't be there for you. I'm pretty sure that the Golden Rules will be just as helpful in this process as the I Can Make You Thin process smile so get stuck in smile

Here is a link to Freedom From Emotional Eating which may give some insight into why we do this and help us beat it.

I haven't been gone that long! Solo last posted about the same time as me too. I posted on the Wednesday and then on Thursday and Friday the sore throat took hold and after that, all through last week it was the cough and cold so Pauling wasn't much on the agenda. Being on the course meant I couldn't do much about what and when I ate anyway and my appetite was very messed up either not hungry at all or absolutely starving with nothing in between which I blame on the cold.

I will try to do better this week. I think I need to re read the books to get back in the zone.

Millyblods Mon 17-Mar-14 22:31:30

No no, before that when you were gone for a long long time......smile

Ah well, that is true enough.

Wasn't going to come back either but pull was too strong. grin

Millyblods Tue 18-Mar-14 00:19:39

grin...Im glad.

ALittleFaith Tue 18-Mar-14 09:00:29

You can't resist the pull of Paul.... wink

Good to see you BBB! Sorry to hear you've been ill. I hope as you recover you can find the energy to re-focus.

I still feel I'm doing ok generally. I over-ate yesterday and really knew about it! I weighed myself and was disappointed to see no further weight loss but I'm determined not to let it get me down.

Solo Tue 18-Mar-14 09:52:54

I am still here, just not feeling good atm. I'm going to be 50 on Friday and quite hacked off that I'm going to be fat n fifty sad my own fault I suppose...
I seem to have undone the HGB somehow. It worked, but then when I rebooted, it undid and won't come back even though I've tried again repeatedly.

Millyblods Tue 18-Mar-14 11:49:44

Solo I know how you feel but on the day I turned 50 everything changed. I suddenly felt proud to be 50 and even though I was still a size 16. I mostly feel better now than I did in my thirties. There comes a smile different attitude with being 50 that you have earned the right to say how you feel too. It's probably the descent into old ladydom really but it's actually ok. I'm 53 this year

Millyblods Tue 18-Mar-14 12:22:47

Faith have you maintained your weight? Maintaining it is harder in my opinion. Did you overeat after weighing yourself? smile

ALittleFaith Tue 18-Mar-14 16:20:37

Yes and yes Milly! I ate erratically when I did eat, not chewing properly. Today I am ok though and have been spring cleaning! Very therapeutic.

Millyblods Tue 18-Mar-14 21:52:50

I think you have been right about not weighing yourself then. Isnt it interesting how weighing can undo all the good. You were feeling really positive when the scales were not in your home and then you weighed and then felt bad even though nothing had really changed. I know I said it before but maintaining is very important. Diets cause us to lose weight and then gain and then lose and gain etc etc . With this way even if we stay the same weight for long periods at least we are eating in a fashion that makes us feel happy. Also you thought your close were looser and they probably are. The scales do not tell the whole story especially since you have been exercising. Muscle weighs more on the scales but takes up less room. Keep doing what your doing Faith. It is working. Let your DH take those bloody scales away again. smile

ALittleFaith Tue 18-Mar-14 22:33:51

You're so right Milly. The scales were at my sister's house (I'm still declining to have ours back!) so can be easily avoided. Yes I maintained from the last time I weighed myself and may well plateau at times. The thing is, I know eating better. I'm having less junk food. I genuinely am only eating when I'm hungry and I find myself thinking Theres no point in buying snack stuff (e.g chocolate eclairs) because if I'm only eating when I'm hungry it's a wasted opportunity to eat food that will fill me up! I bought ice cream on Sunday. I then realised I hadn't been havening and looked to the ice cream to fill the gap. I did the havening twice. The ice cream remains untouched! I just need to remember this isn't a 'diet' so the weight may take longer to come off but it will!

solo I'm sorry you're struggling. I don't know what to suggest....if only we had a direct link to Paul..

Hi Faith, good to hear you are doing OK. You sound like you've cracked it. smile

Solo, sorry things are so hard. Are you doing anything for your birthday? I know you aren't looking forward to it but maybe if you do something fun it will at least pass painlessly. And don't forget you are 50 for a whole year. There is time to turn things around before your next birthday so you don't have to feel like you' ve missed your target yet.

I'm feeling old this evening though. I have broken another tooth. It makes me feel like a crumbling wreck.

I also took my mum out shopping today because my dad is in respite care and for once she isn't clock watching. Nothing like clothes shopping to remind you how bad things are. I forget the rest of the time but there is no getting away from it when you are faced with clothes that don't fit.sad

Oh well tomorrow (today!) is another day.

Millyblods Wed 19-Mar-14 00:40:13

Solo maybe you have read this but did a bit of looking around the net for some inspiration to maybe help you
www.minimins.com/success-stories/334899-almost-12-stone-gone.html

Paul here talks about his hypnosis (apologies again if you have seen this) and a bulmic who overeats to the point of overfullness says that it doesn't work for her. He says more or less that it wont for things like that and that the Emotional Eating is what is needed.......

thecircular.org/paul-mckenna/

I think if I remember correctly you were having trouble a while back with the other CDs before you tried the Gastric Band. Do you think you can work out what is stopping you from allowing the CDs to work. Maybe in some way you are being resistant. Don't mean this in a blaming way just trying to see if I can help.

Paul says somewhere that if you start at any time seeing his methods as "another diet" in that you "expect" results then they probably wont work and you have to almost not expect results IYSWIM.

Anyway, Im sure you know all this Solobut just maybe it will help to read some of this.....maybe. smile

thecircular.org/paul-mckenna/

Millyblods Thu 20-Mar-14 00:45:17

How's everyone doing today? I need to re insert tomorrow as I havnt got round to it last week. I have definitely eaten when not hungry today and feel heavy and yuk. sad

Solo Thu 20-Mar-14 00:50:32

Thank you! I'm really ok about being 50. I don't look my age, but it's the not getting to grips with the fat that is getting me down. I've undone some good work and need to get around that and back on track and into the zone.

I'm getting together with friends and just a few family for my birthday for an afternoon tea. Should be nice if I can get into my dress! smile

Millyblods Thu 20-Mar-14 08:29:46

Well hope you have a lovely day Solo. Looking young for your age is great. People believe me to be late thirties grin and I don't correct them unless they ask. wink

Millyblods Thu 20-Mar-14 16:45:01

Ok, in bed with a hot water bottle and about to reinsert band. Bliss...warm toes.smile

Millyblods Thu 20-Mar-14 18:01:52

Have realised I seem to be a bit alone in posting lately as not many replies.

Iggi101 Thu 20-Mar-14 18:09:54

Hi, you are not alone! Though I am eating a chocolate pudding whilst mums netting so not really entitled to!
I think the self-sabotaging exercise needs to be my next step hmm

Millyblods Thu 20-Mar-14 21:20:07

Hi Iggi nice to see you . How's it going for you? I have adjusted my gastric band today. Feel better already and feeling full quicker.

ALittleFaith Thu 20-Mar-14 21:25:20

Oooh I've had a bad day! Been on a study day and scoffed a packet of sweets and chocolate when I wasn't hungry. I did end up havening in the loo! Will adjust my gastric band again tonight.

Mmm chocolate pudding sounds nice Iggi! Did you chew it?

Iggi101 Thu 20-Mar-14 23:11:11

I did chew it and its twin brother (the second helping) too. Today has been ok, coldy though and fancy some medicinal toast before bed.
I so enjoy sitting down to eat with a book or the internet or telly - I think that is a real pleasure for me and I am fighting giving this up.

Millyblods Thu 20-Mar-14 23:29:56

I know what you mean Iggismile

Solo Sat 22-Mar-14 01:10:50

It sometimes goes like this Milly then suddenly there is loads of traffic here again.
Had a nice day, but not exactly ahem...Paul friendly!!

Millyblods Sat 22-Mar-14 02:46:17

Glad you had a good birthday. I know it ebbs and flows ( I have been on the thread for a year and a half now grin ) it's just that I realised I was talking to myself that day....mostly....and thought it very funny. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now