What did you eat yesterday?

(91 Posts)
monet3 Fri 03-Jan-14 10:44:28

Sometimes putting it down in writing can be a wake up call for those trying to stick to a new diet.

I had a chicken and pesto wrap for lunch.

Turkey, veg, lentil stir fry for dinner.

hooochycoo Fri 03-Jan-14 14:22:57

Bfast- 2 x toast
Mid morning - pheasant and mayo sarnie
4 x Lindt balls
Lunch- small bowl of pheasant and veg soup
Couple of chicken nuggets
Afternoon-Mince pie
Dinner- fish chips and peas
Evening- 2xtoast

WorraLiberty Fri 03-Jan-14 14:29:56

Bag of ready salted crisps

A 3 egg cheese and ham omelet on toast

Yesterday I had two weetabix with milk and a sprinkle of sugar and a banana for breakfast.
For dinner I had braised steak, mash,carrots,peas and yorkshire pudding.
I had a small tub of ice cream at the panto later.
Not good on the fruit and veg front but typical in so far as I eat two meals a day and rarely snack

NurseRoscoe Fri 03-Jan-14 14:34:00

I could never do a diet like 5:2! I hate being hungry, can't concentrate and get really grumpy!!

I am attempting slimming world and so far it's going really well!! Yesterday I had 2 activia 0% yoghurts for breakfast with a black coffee and 2 sweeteners (I know I know!!)
Lunch was quorn stir fry and dinner was a linda mccartney sausage sandwich, had a couple of thorntons chocolates as my syns smile

I find it easy to follow knowing I can have some treats and most things I fancy can be adapted such as curries and chips! I also do a bit of exercise, not setting myself unrealistic goals as I won't stick to it if I get too over ambitious!

I think when we are young we do have a fairly unhealthy attitude to food, a lot of people (me included before I started university) think that as long as we are happy with ourselves and confident in our looks we don't have to stay within a healthy BMI and that isn't true, weight isn't all about how you look, starting training as a nurse made me realise that starting to care about weight now means I am reducing the risk of diabetes, heart disease etc in the future.

frenchfancy Fri 03-Jan-14 14:34:28

Yesterday was a fast day (I do 5:2) so lots of black coffee during the day and some bean chilli in a tortilla for dinner.

MrsBungle Fri 03-Jan-14 14:34:35

A bowl of Rice Krispies
A pork wrap with veg
A slice of chocolate tiffin
Fish, potatoes and mushy peas
3 bottles of beer

I think I'm going to start 5:2 on Monday.

Prozacbear Fri 03-Jan-14 15:11:01

Really want a toffifee now! Forgot about those...

Yesterday...

Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and avocado + a coffee with milk

Leftover beef stew (made by moi - primarily beef, onions and red wine) + roasted carrots

Two grilled salmon fillets + runner beans + broccoli. 4 squares marmite chocolate

3 glasses prosseco (large!)

I'm pretty much out of christmas mode, but we do seem to have a bulk of prosecco left...it's the alcohol that stops me being as slim as I'd like...

EeyoreIsh Fri 03-Jan-14 15:21:17

Toast and marmite
wrap with hummus, roasted pepper, rocket
nuts
two mini pork pies
ottolenghi feast for dinner: chickpeas, aubergines, hummus, koftas, one wholemeal pitta

I'm 8 months pregnant so the peanuts and pork pies would not normally have featured.

Yesterday I had...

Bowl of Nesquik
Sirloin steak, chips and peas
Cheese string
Cherry tomatoes

normally the steak would've been noodles or spaghetti on toast (the wonders of student life) but my mum came up and took me out for lunch grin

Today I have had -

A bowl of cheesy pasta
A malted milk biscuit

I can't wait for my student loan to come in so I can eat healthy things again grin

rumbleinthrjungle Fri 03-Jan-14 15:26:15

Tomato soup and a tuna sandwich, as the other thread had me obsessed with whether or not they went together, and 3 clementines.

Am not admitting at all to the jelly babies, mince pies or gingerbread man as we carry on getting rid of the last of the Christmas goodies.

Rikalaily Fri 03-Jan-14 15:34:00

Yesterday I had 2 slices of wholemeal toast with real butter at lunchtime, jacket potatoes with tuna, cheese & beans for dinner and 5 Roses chocs about 10pm.

Today I've had a couple of cups of tea (without sugar), a few bites of a gingerbread house and 3 biscuits. Haven't stopped all day and blood sugar hit the floor so just grabbed the easiest things to eat, I can't normally stomach anything sweet until the evening. Will be having roasted veg with homemade tomato sauce with pasta for dinner.

I can't eat before 11am ish and eat 2 meals a day plus a snack in the evening usually. Lunchtime is nearly always toast then a large portion of dinner. Need to lose 2.5st blush

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 03-Jan-14 15:38:43

Hi everyone,

We've moved this to the weight loss chat board - hope that's okay.

<Sneaks out without mentioning eating my own body weight in leftover cheese from Christmas>

MegBusset Fri 03-Jan-14 15:53:51

Yesterday I had:

All Bran with rice milk
Carrot & orange soup, brown bread
Veg stir fry
A satsuma
Three crackers with cottage cheese
Zero fat/sugar yoghurt
Small glass of wine

I am on my traditional January detox to lose my festive podge. I have given away the last of the Xmas chocs!

ElvisJesusAndCocaCola Fri 03-Jan-14 20:24:11

Breakfast: stewed gooseberries (no sugar) with full fat Greek yoghurt and roasted hazelnuts.

Pre-run snack: tin of sardines in brine.

Run 5 miles.

Lunch: pint of skimmed milk, vegetable soup, peanut butter with crudités.

Afternoon snack: 4 medjool dates.

Tea: two chickens drumsticks in lentil slow-cooked recipe with lots of broccoli. A couple of illicit spoonfuls of Greek yoghurt straight out of the pot.

About six cups of tea.

Compared to some here I seem to eat shitloads.

ChubbyLittleLoser Fri 03-Jan-14 21:28:51

Breakfast: couple of spoonfuls of full fat greek yoghurt, celery sticks and cream cheese

Lunch: 2 fried eggs and mushrooms

Dinner: Chili without the beans, lettuce, cheese and sour cream

Managed to drink the 2l of water as well so quite pleased.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now