Calling all Motivational Mondayers!!

(921 Posts)

And anyone else who wants to join in. The idea of this thread is a way to record weightloss, motivate each other, discuss which methods if any we are using to lose weight and give the occasional kick up the bum.

Right you lot. I was going to wait until new year to start this thread but I think that if I'm going to have my head in the right place to start, I need your help now. I haven't weighed yet I'll do that on the 1st but I think I probably have 2 1/2 stone to lose. Last time I had 3st to lose so I'm seeing that as a postitive.

So, are any of you still out there? Who'd like to join me? fgrin

11+ writing was good, they loved the two stories I sent and paid me for them straight away, no changes necessarygrin.
DS back at school on Tuesday, just DD home this week, so I might actually get some work done finallyconfused will the Easter Holidays ever end?!
I was thinking today how much my habits have changed since before the weight loss.
Time was I'd have eaten the whole box of Lindor once it was open, and the cake the DCs made (which lasted almost a week in the fridge) would have been an afternoon snack.
It seemed like such an impossible task at the time, but my attitude to food has changed for good now. I think and eat like a thin person.
Someone came up to me after church last week and said "I didn't think thin people ate biscuitshmm"
I think it was supposed to be a compliment, I replied "thin people eat fewer biscuits, I'm having one because I fancied one"

Reastie Sun 20-Apr-14 19:39:20

That's great IMST , must be really interesting to see what questions they give to them based on your stories. Is it a revision paper or the actual big one? If it's the big one think of ALL of those children reading your story!

That's interesting re" your thinking thin. Do you find it comes naturally or do you need to use willpower still alot? I'm at the point still where it doesn't come naturally and often my eating feels like a battle of wills, I'm naturally greedy blush

It's for practice papers, but that means I can also sell the same text to other tutors, as all they've bought is the right to reproduce my text without restriction (but with acknowledgement of my authorship).
Thinking thin is now my habit. I recognise when I feel comfortably full, and I want to stop then, so I do.
I'm no longer compelled to eat everything on my plate, and serve smaller portions to suit my appetite. Everyone has their own issues with food, I've tackled mine, so I will now always be a "thin person".
Not saying it will always be easy, but getting thin is definitely a lot harder than staying thin!

KatoPotato Tue 22-Apr-14 13:12:52

Hi guys, I'm back!

Had a bit of medical problems last week and was admitted for emergency surgery - theres a gory thread in general health!

But here I am, with stitches, and not allowed back at the gym for the foreseeable!

ifandwhen Tue 22-Apr-14 14:40:17

Dear god Kato, here was me thinking you were having a pleasant Easter hols away from the computer (I never click on gory-sounding threads - too squeamish)... and now of course I've gone and clicked on your thread, only got a few posts through it but between the gasping with horror, crossing of legs and weeping with laughter... never going to get my work finished if I continue on to the end. So very relieved to hear you're ok! Not sure whether to offer wine, brew, cake?? On the other thread, I've just got as far as you about to bite down on the wooden spoon, sadly no icon for that.

Reastie Tue 22-Apr-14 19:55:34

Good grief Kato I've just got to the end of your thread, poor you. I've had a few really painful boils in that area and they were painful enough but were NOTHING in comparison to yours. Do work still think it's a hamstring gym injury?! How long till you're back to the gym?

IMST does it all come naturally to you now then? You don't feel like you're depriving yourself? I find every day a struggle still and feel like I'm depriving myself all the time.

Well, things still not going well here. I've had bottomless pit hunger for past 3 days which is really hard to deal with. Am making OK choices in food but just eating too much of it and well over my calorie allowance. I've started a new workout program so hopefully it's just my body adjusting to the shock of that (although it's no harder than my last program, but it is different so guess my body might me surprised). It's just so frustrating to feel so shakily hungry so much though.

ifandwhen Wed 23-Apr-14 12:42:27

Reastie - do you think your calorie allowance is high enough? I find if I aim too low with calories I get shaky hunger too and then end up eating more in the long run...

Reastie Wed 23-Apr-14 13:50:47

Sadly not ifandwhen . My MFP basic allowance is about 1700 kcals, but I never get that low, I aim for 2000 kcals but past few days have been edging around 2500 kcals...no where near diet territory is it?! I'm just a greedy guts with hunger confused . I wonder now if it was anxiety about going back to work after the holidays as it has eased a little today. I always get starving when stressed and anxious or worried etc. Whereas other people can't face food I'm the opposite <sigh>

ifandwhen Wed 23-Apr-14 18:30:04

I can sympathise there Reastie, I'm also not one at risk of wasting away when worried. How about sleep? I really notice I'm much hungrier when I haven't had enough sleep.

IMST, its really good to hear your confidence in staying thin. At the moment I'm feeling fairly good about my attitude to food and drink, and with the better weather being able to be outside more lifts my mood so much. I feel right now as though if I could lose a last 7-10 lb, I'd be quite content and able to emulate your confidence in staying that way. For now, I'm trying to look at it as an ongoing interest in looking after myself properly and keeping reinforcing positive habits, rather than an ongoing mission to lose those last lbs.

Reastie Wed 23-Apr-14 18:46:12

if that's a very good way to look at it. I've been sleeping OK recently, not great but not terribly. According to my fitbit kato kindly sent me I'm only averaging aroun 6 hours a night though, and I know I need more than that as I do need my sleep. Right now I'm really hungry sad . Just eaten a couple of rice cakes with peanut butter and give it a few minutes then try carrot sticks and hope that helps.

ifandwhen Wed 23-Apr-14 18:58:49

Thanks Reastie, that's the theory anyhow smile. I've read that you need 8 hours a night to help regulate appetite and how the body uses/ stores calories - but don't know whether that's fact or myth.

eightytwenty Wed 23-Apr-14 23:36:33

Good

eightytwenty Wed 23-Apr-14 23:39:09

Good Grief Kato! How did I miss your hilarious thread? So brave!

Stalking you as saw your comments on the running thread. Are you doing the 10k in May? My training has been on hold for the last month and I am stuck at the 6-7k mark, with times that are going backward. Just rubbish. 4 weeks to go and not feeling at all confident.

Reastie - sorry you've been feeling stressed.

KatoPotato Wed 23-Apr-14 23:45:14

hey! Well I'm a bit scunnered because of these stitches now? I've been really lax with any training too... I want to bottle it to be honest...

I got to running just under 6k in about 40mins but can't imagine any more than that!!

eightytwenty Thu 24-Apr-14 10:54:08

Ouch! Course you don't want to burst them.
Takes me 48 mins to run 6k. And I seem to be feeling beaten by a lot less these days. Increasing distance was supposed to be making 5k feel easy. Cross it's not working.

Root canal treatment this morning so should be fine at keeping on the straight and narrow.

Reastie Sun 27-Apr-14 18:14:47

Hello!

Been a bit quiet here as had a few issues/problems this week, but fingers crossed all OK now.

Kato how are the stitches/pain now? Btw I'm really enjoying using your fit bit. DH grin the other night as we were just getting in the mood (as it were) and it beeped up a message saying 'let's go' !

eighty how did the dreaded root canal go?

Have been doing well with workouts this week, and not eating much bad food, but portions/amount of food is still too high. Must get this on track.

Have been asked by someone at work to take part in a group race for life run next month. It's a 5k but very hilly. Tbh even if I don't do it I feel really pleased she asked. She only asked 2 other people at work as well as me, so I must be now quite associated with fitness. Must've been the bleep test thing! Am wondering whether to go but tbh the idea of going to a race full of loads of people and nightmare car parking/terrible traffic (my local one in in a weird park with minimal parking and barely any loos and on a road that's always congested) leaves me a bit cold [unsociable]. Now there's a fab sounding race for life which includes mud and obstacles in a park far more set up for lots of people and cars which sounds really great, but it's booked up sad . Have made a note to apply early to get in next year though.

Reastie Sun 27-Apr-14 19:19:28

Ohhh, and I nearly forgot to mention a fab NSV. I bought a dress in a size 10 today, TEN! <disclaimer, I'm definitely not a size 10 overall>. I tried on the 12 and it was a bit baggy so tried the 10 not expecting it to fit and it did

Yay Reastie, great NSVgrin!

KatoPotato Sun 27-Apr-14 21:33:24

TEN! it's a TEN! smile no discussions!

Haha glad the fitbit working out for you!

I'm much better, back at the gym yesterday for kettles and some cardio today.

Totally agree with the nightmare parking etc, that's enough to put me off!!

eightytwenty Wed 07-May-14 13:31:51

Just popping on to say stealth has created a new thread for us.

Will post on there.

Join us!

Reastie Wed 07-May-14 18:06:51

new thread? I'm off to have a look

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now