Calling all Motivational Mondayers!!

(921 Posts)

And anyone else who wants to join in. The idea of this thread is a way to record weightloss, motivate each other, discuss which methods if any we are using to lose weight and give the occasional kick up the bum.

Right you lot. I was going to wait until new year to start this thread but I think that if I'm going to have my head in the right place to start, I need your help now. I haven't weighed yet I'll do that on the 1st but I think I probably have 2 1/2 stone to lose. Last time I had 3st to lose so I'm seeing that as a postitive.

So, are any of you still out there? Who'd like to join me? fgrin

Well I didn't really follow a recipe. I just used what I had in. I made loads and froze it in portions.

I used a bag of chanterelle(?) carrots, the mini ones, some Maris Piper potatoes, sprouts, spinach,parsnips, two heads of broccoli, and 1/2 a cabbage. I put in about 1/2pint of left over gravy and a pint of stock. I let it cook for about 2hrs on really low.

Then I blended it and it did look a bit like baby food so I added more stock and cooked it for another hour.

I know there's quite a lot of bitter veg in there but the carrots and few parsnips really sweetened it up.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Wow Kato, are you running or gyming or some other kind of torture?

Haha still keeping up the usual routine (five days per week at the fucking Leisuredrome for spin, kettlercise, body pump etc, but I've foolishly agreed to do a woman's 10k in April for work... Gah!

ReastieYuleANBU Wed 01-Jan-14 20:55:47

<runs in with jazz hands> Found you! Yay to a new MM.

Hair I continued weighing myself and adding it on the ss months after the thread stopped as I really liked the ss, so kato I'm very excited at the prospect of a new one <saddo>. IMST also weighed in quite a while after the thread stopped.

I'm currently 10 stone 10.5 (yes, the half matters!) and about a size 12. It's the slimmest I've ever been since a young teenager but keep having panics I'll suddenly start putting weight on again. I'd like to lose a couple more pounds as then it will take my loss to an even 100lbs, and anything beyond that will be fab but I'm not stressing just want to keep it off, see what I can do and keep fit. I'm just excited to fit into a regular size having never been less than a size 16 my adult life and a size 22 when I started this. Have been doing insanity 2 - 3 times a week since July and it's amazing, really hard but I'm finding muscle where I've never had it before.

Have been eating far too much chocolate this past week or so though so I really need to kerb that down as my willpower when it comes to chocolate is zilch at the minute.

hair on the plus side no matter how bad the weigh in goes, it will only make your loss greater when compared to the current weight IYKWIM.

ReastieYuleANBU Wed 01-Jan-14 20:59:13

x posted (I'm very slow at getting messages typed) Hair that's interesting you cook your soup so long, I always do mine alot quicker, maybe I'd simmer for up to half an hour. Do you find the slower cooking adds flavour? Kato worlds easiest soup - gently fry a sliced onion for a few minutes (I do mine in frylight), add frozen peas and stock so it covers the peas (I also often add the woody asparagus ends once I've cut off the nice bits for dinner) and simmer for maybe 10 minutes. Blitz up and add salt and pepper. If you have any mint add some of that before blitzing up. You can add a splash of milk or creme fraiche etc too. Really cheap and easy and pretty low calorie.

ToeFluff Thu 02-Jan-14 08:33:28

Morning! So I've done it, I've drawn a line and will be forgetting all about previous weights and how much I've put on. Today is what matters.

I've decided to do slimming world at home along with as much exercise as I can, dug out that god awful 30 day shred DVD and dusted off my bike for when the weather is better.

I've got a little notepad to keep with me and will be writing down everything I eat so I can work out where my weakness is!

Woo lets do it! smile

Go you toefluff!

Straight into jumping jacks!!!

Haveacrumpet Thu 02-Jan-14 14:10:54

Hi everyone,
Glad the thread is gaining momentum. I, too, am exciting at the prospect of a spreadsheet. blush
I weighed yesterday, and I am 12 stone exactly, and aiming to get to 9 and 1/2. Getting back into the hang of doing veg casseroles for lunch or dinner, but need to get rid of my snacking. This will be infinitely easier when all the Christmas food has gone.
Anyway, sort of looking forward to weighing in on Monday!

Reastie, it's not that it adds flavour, more that the "stringy" veg breaks down better iyswim. I cook it on a very low heat.

Well done everyone who weighed in. I didn't because dh gave me an unexpected lie in so it was up and out to Legoland Discovery at the Traffic Trafford Centre with the dcs all day.

Lunch was shocking as I had a prepackaged chicken salad sandwich which are usually a million calories and a bag of McCoys crisps so I can add another million for that. It will be veg soup for dinner.

How have you all got on?

Absolutely starting tomorrow. I've put on 6 pounds!!! in three weeks!!!

ToeFluff Thu 02-Jan-14 18:02:19

My day has been a good effort, no exercise but stuck to my meal plan and no crisps or choc!

Back to work tomo so should be easier not to snack, looking forward to get back to normal (and some child free time whilst I'm at workgrin)

Kato, that should fall off easily as it was temporary.

Well done ToeFluff, I'm not child free until Tuesday. I'm not looking forward to them going back tbh. Dd changed schools ahead of schedule this year and the new one is 15 miles away. Two in two schools is a logistical nightmare, especially as dd has a 12hr day on Mondays.

Also my Mum bought me The Shred for Christmas. I'll start on Tuesday, but I don't know if I'm scared or eager. A little bit of both I suppose.

ToeFluff Thu 02-Jan-14 18:22:47

That sounds like a right nightmare! 12hours! Goodness me!

Yeah I feel the same with the shred DVD, think I might attempt it tomorrow but I'm not holding much hope that it won't kill me! lol x

ashamedoverthinker Thu 02-Jan-14 18:24:23

Hello again and thank you for the welcome.

Had no chocolate or wine yesterday or today. Avoided coffee shop earlier when we went for a walk at the park so NSD too.

I am cooking a big roast beef dinner with plenty veg and trimmings but i need to use up what is in the house. Havnt really eaten much today so far.

Aim is to have cupboards run down for Monday when I have a food shop sheduled for delivery and I ave meal planned. I must get a pot of soup or something going in slow cooker.

Good idea to run the cupboards down. That's what I'm doing too. Dh and the dcs had freezer surprise for dinner and they all ended up with a different meal.

Well these cheese balls and onion rings aren't going to eat themselves are they?

shock Have you been in my freezer kato!? grin

ReastieYuleANBU Fri 03-Jan-14 09:32:39

grin

That's to problem post christmas isn't it, too much junk left in the house that needs to be eaten. Yesterday I only had 3 chocolates, that's doing well for me at the minute!

Just off to do an insanity workout in the hopes I'll feel more angelic afterwards.

ashamedoverthinker Fri 03-Jan-14 09:40:51

i luffs cheeseballs kato grin

Well I had two rum and cokes - nearly at the bottom of bottle. It makes sense to wind down - gradual withdrawl and not wasteing anything.

Good luck with insanity reastie it sounds brutal.

Does anyone else get to a point where they are so inactive you just struggle to get off the sofa? Im talking about to do housework and get out and about? I did get us out to park yesterday and we are out today at Sealife but I need a 'rocket boost' to get my house in some sort of order.

Eating left over beef for tea with homemade savoury rice stuffed pepper. Doing sandwiches for lunch.
I have lots of cheese to use up - I might make macaroni, cheese and potato pie OR cheese scones. Not the healthiest but better than scoffing it all with crackers and will make up a meal without having to spend moremoney.

ashamedoverthinker Fri 03-Jan-14 09:41:26

I had the rum and cokes last night not this am grin

I do have days when I can't be bothered. It doesn't help that I've had to replace most of my morning walks with a car journey. I find it much harder to get going.

Today I might do some cleaning but I'm really not in the mood. What I really want to do is stomp about, swearing but seeing as I never, ever manage to get time in the house on my own, that's not going to happen.

Can I ask you all to tell me your quick, low calorie lunches please? I'm going shopping and I need inspiration. I need it to fill me up too.

ReastieYuleANBU Fri 03-Jan-14 10:44:25

ashamed a rum and coke for the rocket booster!? wink

hair soup? oh yes, we've had that convo , salady things (although not the time of year necessarily), erm........I have alot of quinoa/rice salads with tons of stir fry veg and some tofu (I'm veggie, but maybe chicken?), stir fry is ace especially with frylight. Sometimes I flavour mine a bit with a small dollop of sun dried tomato paste if I'm doing an Italian themed one. It is oily but I don't use much per portion.

Just finished insanity. Think I'm getting worse not better as alot of standing around shaking my head and sweating. I blame the cold I have for making my body a bit under the weather.

DH bought me a massage voucher (as in a proper one, not just him doing it) which I'm having this afternoon, a whole hour of relaxation, can't wait smile

ashamedoverthinker Fri 03-Jan-14 13:12:23

Ive jsut been looking at cream tea/spa days and brogues - bloody emails with their links. So a bit envy but enjoy.

My toddler is asleep - I could have done lots of things but ive sat on here instead sad oo.

Enjoy reastie and thanks for the salad tips. I'm going to try some. I don't mind veggie actually but I'd never do it permanently.

Housework day today and hairy dieters sweet and sour for dinner. sad I hate cooking and cleaning. sad

ToeFluff Fri 03-Jan-14 20:24:08

Well I failed last night and binged hmm Have been on best behaviour today though trying to not give up and start again on Monday, that's how I ended up back here in the first place so hoping it's in me to plough on, forgot how hard it is to stick to a diet plan!

ashamedoverthinker Fri 03-Jan-14 21:37:19

I thought because of the thread title we werent supposed to start in earnest until MONDAY! grin

hence my running cupboards down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now