Hit rock bottom today...

(10 Posts)

I could leave my purse at home and have an emergency £20 in the car somewhere out of sight...

Unfortunately I rarely get to take my lunch break, we're stupidly busy at the moment leading up to Christmas but I think after new year I need to get out at least twice a week for a walk. No showers, or I would run at lunchtimes when ankle better.

Maybe I should make an appointment with GP re ankle, it's been 2 months now and it's niggly sore the whole time.

BobaFettTheHalls Tue 10-Dec-13 12:35:12

Stop bringing cash/card to work? Put salad money in a jar and get someyhing nice (takeaway once a month with dh?) instead.

Can you go for a walk at lunch?

I succumbed to a mince pie, but it's surprising how quick you get used to tea without sugar!

However, the last 3 weeks I've been up to my calories for the day by now, and today I still have enough left for lunch and tea :-)

I'm going to keep updating this with my progress, even if no one reads it. Try and keep myself accountable!

But my main motto is simple "DO NOT PUT IN IN YOUR MOUTH"

So often I find myself halfway through a biscuit without even realising I was doing - more mindfulness on the open mouth should hopefully work wonders!

I do snack at work, people are always bringing biscuits and cake in and I can't keep my hands off them. Plus I work above Tesco (not for them) and it's just too tempting to nip down every lunchtime and spend money I don't have on yummy fatty salads...

I have a slow cooker, will see what I can unearth from the bottom of the fridge tonight - I have lentils :-)

jimijack Tue 10-Dec-13 09:34:50

For lunches I have a slow cooker. I have it because simply put I am a lazy arse!
I make soup in it. Just chuck half a pack of red lentils, a stew pack,some stock, chilli powder, salt and pepper.
Leave on low while at work, blitz when I get home, shove in pots & freeze.
I do enough for 7 days.
Bloody lovely, 5 minutes prep, job done & very health.

You could chuck anything from the bottom of your fridge in there really.

jimijack Tue 10-Dec-13 09:30:21

RIGHT LADY, this is your rock bottom. (Mine was eating a pack of chocolate digestive for breakfast followed by the contents of the fridge throughout the rest of the day).

How about joining a slimming club?
Motivation, guidance, help & support from other folk in your shoes?

Slimming world & mfp are doing the trick for me. Great thing is that there are loads of sessions near me at different times day & evening. You could walk to it once a week possibly?

kohl Tue 10-Dec-13 09:28:05

The not snacking at home is brilliant. Do you snack at work? And if so, what on? If it's biscuits etc, then they are easy to swop for a healthier option. Do you have breakfast and what is it? Could you have something high protein to really fill you up til lunch?

Hertschick Tue 10-Dec-13 09:17:28

Sounds like a good plan. You have my sympathy as I feel I am heading the same way. Lost 2 stone but just can't seem to get motivated at the moment even though I know I feel loads better when I'm eating well and exercising.

If you can back on track over Christmas you will feel loads better.

Well, after yesterday's meltdown, I tentatively weighed myself this morning. No clothes, after wee, before shower and I was 13st11. At 5'8" that's not jaw droppingly horrendous, but is perilously close to the "obese" category at a BMI of 29.3.

My aim, and let's think baby steps here, is to not put on any weight before 1st January. And maybe to lose even 1lb by then. Hopefully in the new year my ankle will be better and I can start doing some proper exercise.

Off to get rid of the "sugar" option on the tea list for work, so it come with milk only. Got to start somewhere!

I lost 20lbs over the summer of the baby weight, but since going back to work I have lost all motivation and somehow have put it all back on again. Ok, not somehow - shit diet and no exercise - when I was on mat leave I walked everywhere, didn't have time to sit down. Now I do a desk job 4 days a week.

My low point came today when I popped the button off my trousers. I actually had a little weep in the loos at work.

I have myfitnesspal app but I give up tracking when I get to my daily calorie allowance by mid morning blush

I am sleep deprived, tired, stressed, often unhappy with work and I know none of this helps dieting. I have hurt my ankle, it won't get better so I can't run, I spend my evenings curled up on the sofa instead. My only, only saving grace is that I don't snack at home. Once I have had tea, I don't eat anything else until breakfast.

Please shout at me! I feel unsexy, and miserable and DH is starting to notice that I'm not as affectionate as I used to be. My whole marriage I have been the instigator, I am too self conscious now.

SHOUT AT ME!!!!

Or alternatively, give me ideas for healthy packed lunches and snacks that take the least amount of time to prepare as with 3 DC's under 6 and a nearly full time job I am a disorganised mess...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now