Disordered eating

(152 Posts)
goodasitgets Sat 07-Dec-13 18:14:24

This may seem like a stupid question but if I post what I have eaten today, could you tell me if it seems a lot?
I have been low carb for a long ish time but am eating carbs for a few days - today was not a good food day
Have a history of disordered eating and feeling like I should punish myself for eating too much

MillyChristmas Sun 08-Dec-13 18:06:38

Well that photo doesn't make you look fifteen stone. How tall are you.

goodasitgets Sun 08-Dec-13 18:09:53

Yes, my BMI is 30
5'11

MillyChristmas Sun 08-Dec-13 18:15:55

Your having a bad day then I would say. If you wanted to then I would think you could lose another stone or two but not three or four. Maybe your old image of yourself is still in your head when you look in the mirror and your head hasn't caught up with your new image IYSWIM.

RalphRecklessCardew Sun 08-Dec-13 18:19:54

1300 calories a day is terrifyingly little. Is that really what diets do to your metabolism?

OP - you look smoking.

goodasitgets Sun 08-Dec-13 18:20:42

Another 45lbs will tip me just into normal BMI which I what I've wanted

Bloody hell..I am 9 and a half stone and 5.5 and you look better than me!
I hate BMI for this reason...it's just not an effective or particularly helpful gauge wrt weight and health.
Waist circumference is a far better method of predicting health problems in people.
> 35 inches is v bad.

goodasitgets Sun 08-Dec-13 18:24:22

My waist is over 35 inches too!
I'm fairly fit as in I can do a military boot camp/extreme spin etc and not die grin and I do pole fitness and horse ride but I FEEL lazy and fat and my weight/BMI etc says it (plus my mother but...)

garlicbaubles Sun 08-Dec-13 18:27:24

God, this is depressing. You look amazing. You can do a military boot camp. You are fit, healthy and beautiful!

Did you know that many high-level fitness trainers are obese, according to BMI charts?

Pinupgirl Sun 08-Dec-13 18:29:03

Do not listen to posters promoting faddy diets such as 5;2-thats what they are and the diet books will be gathering dust in charity shops next year when the diet industry thinks of yet another way to make women feel bad about themselves.

You are very tall op and that will probably have an effect on what you weigh-you certainly don't look anywhere near obese to me. Bmi is a load of shite anyway.

Stop dieting,start liking yourself and seek some counselling-punishing yourself with food is not healthy.

MillyChristmas Sun 08-Dec-13 18:30:12

Good excuse me for saying but your issue is not really your weight it is your body image and how you see yourself.

goodasitgets Sun 08-Dec-13 18:31:37

I'm just fed up of it. The nurse asked how much I drink (naff all except on night out about twice a year) and how much I exercise, and looked disbelieving when I told her
Contraceptive pill and Nuva ring refused. I'm sick of getting on the scales and seeing this weight - I know I've lost some but I want to be 11 stone ish

MillyChristmas Sun 08-Dec-13 18:32:29

Agree totally Pinup. So many women on the 5:2 are having problems with bingeing. Of course they would though, 5:2 and starving yourself sets you up to binge.

garlicbaubles Sun 08-Dec-13 18:32:37
goodasitgets Sun 08-Dec-13 18:33:49

I know my body image is shit. I see a double chin and huge legs etc etc but my weight IS still an issue

Pinupgirl Sun 08-Dec-13 18:35:33

Then don't get on the scales!! You are not obliged to be weighed by anyone. I never weigh myself-I am 5'6 and my waist is 34 inches-I am sure some posters will be horrified by this but I couldn't give a shit!. I go by how my clothes feel-if they feel a bit tighter then I cut down on the wine/choc that week.

By all means try and keep healthy-you sound like you do far more exercise than me! but please don't deprive yourself-food is not your foe.

MillyChristmas Sun 08-Dec-13 18:35:40

Good the contraceptive pill will possibly cause you weight problems anyway as does the coil from what I am told. Can you not just use condoms when needed as then there are no unnecessary hormones going into your body causing weight fluctuations. Please don't too much notice of so called experts. Nurses are lovely but some make you feel very bad but if you look at them they do not always take their own advice.

goodasitgets Sun 08-Dec-13 18:36:47

Thanks garlic - that's interesting. My blood pressure is usually exactly 120/80 and my resting pulse below 70. My bloods are all fine except I'm anaemic

It's just stupid things like trying a h&m top on and XL came nowhere near me. And wanting to go for a riding lesson (not on my horse) and not being able to find anywhere as I'm over the weight limit

goodasitgets Sun 08-Dec-13 18:38:22

I have a copper coil. It's causing me issues that I bleed for 11 days every 2 weeks but I would rather that than hormones definitely. Condoms not an option as I am ridiculously fertile blush

Talkinpeace Sun 08-Dec-13 18:40:44

goodasitgets
I just looked at your picture

please kick all your trainers / advisers / medics into the pile of poo that they deserve to be in.

you are darn near 6 foot tall and you have the armpit to hip shape that people pay for

seriously
check your waist to height ratio (waist should be less than half of height)
and then hold your chin up (very) high
and come for a natter on 5:2
even if you never plan to do a fast
but we are a vary happy supportive place
please surf us

because you are worth it !

Pinupgirl Sun 08-Dec-13 18:41:00

H&m are notoriously bad for sizing though! I do all my shopping online-I know you have seen me on s&bgrin-as I find they are far more consistent with their sizing and give precise bust/waist/hip measurements.

By all means lose more weight if that's what you want to do but do it sensibly-no fads!!

goodasitgets Sun 08-Dec-13 18:41:52

I have, I got my PUG dress and it doesn't fit sad and I need a 3XL ffs

RalphRecklessCardew Sun 08-Dec-13 18:45:17

You look good and you're active. Blood pressure, cholesterol?

Pinupgirl Sun 08-Dec-13 18:45:39

3XL is only a label on a garment in one shop!! Surely you are more than a label? Why don't you set yourself a realistic target and by realistic I mean take into consideration your height/build and then try to reach your goal while still being kind to yourself and to your body.

Perhaps your target could be to fit into that dress? I have a PUG dress in a 3Xl btw-I love the dress and couldn't care less what the label says!

goodasitgets Sun 08-Dec-13 18:47:00

BP 120/80 sometimes a bit lower. Cholesterol no idea but they've never mentioned it so I presume ok

Talkinpeace Sun 08-Dec-13 18:47:10

goodasitgets
at 5'11" you need to be shopping from places like "long tall sally" because shops for shortarses like the rest of us (eg H&M) scale their clothes to that height

PLEASE
ignore "clothes sizes" as they are bilge
look at your height
you are worth it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now