I'm not pregnant...I'm fat

(2 Posts)
Makeminealarge Fri 06-Dec-13 09:18:55

yep title says it all. on several occasions at work in past few weeks several individuals have asked if I am pregnant or not. first time I was mortified and mumbled something and ran away back to my desk but by the 4th suggestion of 'oooo I didn't know you were expecting!' I said I'm not pregnant just fat. The poor girl was horrified. I don't wear tight fitting clothes but more loose tops and skinny/fitted trousers etc. I've also noticed a bit of a pot belly and when I slouch I guess it is pretty prominent. I know I need to lose weight, okay a lot of weight, but until these comments I was fairly confident about my size. when I was pregnant I longed for my prominent tummy. wasn't expecting it three years after kids!! I need to pull my finger out and get motivated to lose the Buddha belly. but how do you stay motivated when comments can bring you down and repeated over and over in the little voice in your head?

Charcoalbriquettes Fri 06-Dec-13 10:43:30

Hi, make mine a large...

I have had these comments on and off over the last 15 years. It is mortifying! I put weight on my tummy. It is out of proportion to the rest of me. Most people are kind of used to it now.

How do you stay motivated? I don't know.... But if you like I'll keep you company on here and remind you that you are not alone. Have you started any weight loss plan? Or are you making up your mind? I joined my fitness pal today, to keep a record of what I eat after reading other threads on here. Let's hope it helps me to keep off the chips!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now