Every moment I hate myself for how fat I am, I am fed up! Am I the only one?!

(64 Posts)
FedUpAndOverweight Wed 04-Dec-13 07:27:59

I need help.

Every waking minute I am thinking about how fat I am, how I am starting to burst out of my clothes and how everyone can notice. I constantly think about food and how I shouldn't eat bad food, then I find myself chomping down on the snack box at work and hating myself for it.

Every Monday is a "new start", I do a diet for a day then give up because I haven't got results overnight. I'm torn between hating myself for being fat and thinking "sod you all" it's only the media telling me I should be slim and so stuffing my face again.

Please tell me I am not the only one? Please tell me I can stop this, and how.

I am not exaggerating when I say it's all day long. I can only dream of all the things I could do and experience if I lost 30lbs of fat as my mind would be free!

FedUpAndOverweight Sat 07-Dec-13 10:04:56

Hello all, and thanks for the continued tips. I am feeling a little better about myself this morning, I weighed 2.5lbs less than I did last weekend, I made a concerted effort to excercise and avoid white carbs in the last few days and clearly it's worked!

I did follow BIWI's bootcamp last year and it worked well so I am going to try again now I've had this little boost. I do agree with Zoe and John briffa that sugar is the enemy here and I need to wean myself off it. smile

SolidGold Sat 07-Dec-13 14:56:00

Well done FedUp smile Glad you're feeling a bit happier.

That's great fedup. Small changes can make a huge difference smile. Focus on long term health rather than quick fix weight loss.

Solid in terms of improving your confidence, if a fairy could wave a magic wand, what would you have her change? How would your life be different once it had?

Flicktheswitch Sat 07-Dec-13 16:15:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SolidGold Sat 07-Dec-13 17:14:33

Sleep, not sure. I have terrible skin, although not always visible, I hate my dark facial hair that I am constantly removing, and I'm just quite plain really. Also hate the colour of my teeth.

But I do think, no matter what, if I could change all those things, it would make no difference hmm

SolidGold Sat 07-Dec-13 17:15:04

(Sorry for hogging your thread FedUp.)

What does it stop you doing solid?

lljkk Sat 07-Dec-13 17:52:58

All that time you spend worrying about being too fat is time you don't spend figuring out solutions to real problems, or coming to accept the things you cannot change. It's a comfort habit, displacement activity.

SolidGold Sat 07-Dec-13 19:26:28

Sleep, I just feel self conscious all the time and think people are talking about me behind my back.

I can't even claim to be plain but clever. I have no career, just a (very part time) job, there are huge holes in my knowledge and I'm too tired to be able to do anything about it hmm

hollyisalovelyname Sun 08-Dec-13 08:52:12

SolidGold have you been checked for polycystic ovaries. Go to GP re facial hair, may be ( sounds like) hormonal imbalance. May be a factor re weight

That's a good suggestion from holly. I know it's hard, but I think you should also remind yourself that people are a lot more wrapped up in themselves than you give them credit for, if they notice anything about your appearance then they are very unlikely to be talking about it or giving it a second thought. What do you do for pleasure/enjoyment? What are you good at/drawn towards naturally?

fedup and solid and anyone else feeling the same way about themselves...I really think that when we have a problem such as weight, binge eating, over-control of food, sometimes even health (especially digestive) problems, they are indicative of issues that need to be resolved elsewhere in our lives. They aren't about our willpower/control/greed at all. It could be almost anything causing stress somewhere else, relationships, work, money, lack of nourishment in a spiritual/creative/intellectual or physical sense. By which I mean, do you use and treat your body in a way that makes you feel good - dance, walking, yoga, long baths, massage, sex, whatever you enjoy. Reading, music, art, being out in nature for the soul. Time to be you....Also resolving old issues such as bad relationships/resentments towards people, often our parents...we often need to forgive those people and ourselves. Does this make any sense as an idea to anyone else?

Yes, Sleep .

A "holistic" approach is needed.

Having said all I have about the non-food aspect of things...Wrt to hormonal imbalances, food can have a huge impact. Anyone who thinks they may have such issues (whether pcos or not), take a listen to Alissa Vitti, she has a book called 'Woman Code' that gives dietary advice to address such problems. I don't have experience of it but hear good things from people who have.

I also have a client who tried Dr Hyman's 'ultra metabolism' diet for unrelated reasons but was completely shocked and amazed to find her previously horrendous, 9 day long pms symptoms completely disappeared and her skin cleared up beautifully. It's probably not something you want to be starting two weeks before Christmas wink but may be worth a try in the new year...it basically involves cutting out gluten, sugar, dairy, red meat, caffeine,alcohol and processed food for 3-4 weeks. You then reintroduce foods one at a time to test for your body's reaction. You can eat lots of veg, pulses, legumes, chicken breast, fish, fruit, brown rice, nuts and soya/almond milk. You will almost certainly lose weight doing it, even if you don't get rid of other symptoms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now