Who has actually completed THE SHRED? What were your results?

(45 Posts)
futureforward Sat 19-Oct-13 13:41:06

So many people (me included!) have started the shred but I know that I have quit because the results aren't instantaneous!

I'd love to know if anyone has managed to complete the full 30 day challenge and what did it do for your weight and measurements?

SolomanDaisy Tue 22-Oct-13 07:08:29

Future, do the shred again. I was amazed to find that it makes the muscle soreness better! I've had a couple of days off on my second round and have been much more sore the day after those days.

lifesgreatquestions Fri 25-Oct-13 18:49:21

Hi Future, I've only just seen your thread. I did the shred faithfully for 30 days straight. I was coming at it from no muscle tone at all. I gained ab lines, lost 2 inches off each thigh, 4 inches from my belly and 1.5 inches from my hips. I did not los any weight. I was very disappointed but really it was quite a success and I'm just about to start it again. Good luck!

futureforward Sat 26-Oct-13 02:02:54

That sounds amazing life.

I had my thigh pain til Wednesday and then ever since I've had terrible lower back pain. I'm not too sure if it's delayed muscle pain from the shred I did last weekend, or another reason, but I've been really annoyed I haven't been able to keep going with it!

These success stories are all awesome smile

futureforward Sun 03-Nov-13 11:44:29

Any more success stories out there? smile

KosherBacon Sun 03-Nov-13 16:01:15

I did my knees in on it by day 7. I think the number of people who injure themselves with it is probably higher than the number that complete it.

Whereisegg Sun 03-Nov-13 19:16:28

When do you stop aching so much?!
I'm only on day 2 confused

I only managed 17 days but dropped a dress size when combined with alow cal diet. Starting again on Monday as I put lots on over the last few months and need to fit into my slinky dress 30th Nov

harmonyb23 Wed 13-Nov-13 16:31:07

I completed the 30 DS around March of this year. It was tough but the results were really good. I lost about half a stone and really saw a change in bodyshape. I lost about 4 inches off of my waist and 5 inches off of my hips. I have carried on exercising since and have lost a further 1 1/2 stone. I love the High intensity way of training and the short workouts. The pain to start off with is bad and your legs and back do ache but this all goes away by the time you move onto level 2 (I found).

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/64171_10152668284470455_45961518_n.jpg

I don't know if the link will work (as it is a link to my facebook pictures and I have certain privacy settings) but the picture is of me (at top) starting 30 DS and bottom is me when finished! I have always had my mummy tummy (have 3 kids) but would say that the 30DS really started my weightloss and exercise journey! smile

mirai Thu 14-Nov-13 01:50:16

I can see it! That looks really good, well done! smile Did you do it every day? I've been considering doing the shred before Christmas as a kind of damage limitation exercise, but I'm wondering if I'm running out of time?!

Also did you exercise when achey or have days off?

harmonyb23 Thu 14-Nov-13 10:11:30

I did it 5 days a week (always have weekends as rest days). When I ached I just kept going and eventually it passed, bound to ache if you are working muscles which otherwise don't get used. I have had better results since and now even have some ab muscles. I did the 6w6p after the 30ds and saw more results and then have been exercising every weekday (and running on weekends) ever since. I also did the race for life 5k this year. 30ds definitely kick started everything for me though. X

gaggiagirl Thu 14-Nov-13 10:16:53

in the first 30 days I lost 7 inches from all over and a few pounds but I don't have much weight to lose really.
I've been doing it every day for 5 months now and lost 20 inches and a stone.

HTH

gaggiagirl Thu 14-Nov-13 10:29:19

Sorry its 23.5 inches I have lost..just had to check.

Its a brilliant workout it works very well for me.

futureforward Thu 14-Nov-13 10:56:16

harmony and gaggia those results sound really inspiring. Did you change your eating habits too or was all that from the shred?

harmonyb23 Thu 14-Nov-13 11:27:44

I didn't diet as such. I just tried to eat healthier.

gaggiagirl Thu 14-Nov-13 14:14:09

I stick to 1200cal a day and it takes a fortnight to lose a pound! But as I said I don't really have much weight to lose and I'm really short so that amount of calories is fine for me. A 'normal' sized person could do it on 1500cal a day.

I think I'm as light as I'll get now but I'm happy to keep shredding. I've never had a flat toned tummy before and i want to keep it forever!

I did 30ds for 6 weeks, resting every 5 days, whilst going low carb/primal and went from size 14/16 with fat tum to 12, lost 6 inches off waist, then 6 wk 6 pack and started dance classes, which has led to me being just under 130lb and size 8/10. Am 42 and 5'6 and in best shape of last 25 years, total weight loss over 2 stone. Really can't recommend it enough.

First 3 days of Shred the hardest - do extra quad stretches whilst holding onto furniture and stretch calves too. It passes and you get SO much stronger so quickly - the most effective workout I've ever done.

Resting every 5 days has always been recommended by JM herself, as has 'eating clean' - focus on natural foods and cut sugar and processed stuff.

RufflingFeathers Fri 22-Nov-13 14:10:15

Another love-it person here. Did it two years ago - took longer than 30days but progressed up a level every ten workouts or something.

Have done it here and there over last couple of years, but have recently bought Ripped in 30 - same format. Nice to have new workouts after getting so used to the Shred.

I wouldn't say I massively lost weight - but I feel good good good !! arms more toned - I actually have abdominal muscles !! I stand up straighter. Overall - really really good. I've varied it with jogging for some extra cardio.

Love love love it !

BubaMarra Sun 24-Nov-13 11:45:12

I started 30DS in June and not only did I finished it, but I literally fell in love with exercising again and progressed onto other more challenging programmes. At the beginning I hated it, but I preserved and then when I saw and felt what good it did for my health and look and general sense of wellbeing I got addicted to it. Now I exercise 6 days a week and 30DS is not challenging any more, but I can honestly say that this exercise DVD was a game changer for me as it was a kick start of my fitness journey. Tough, short and portable - you can easily fit it in your day even with busy lifestyle. I even did it on my holidays, I didn't want to make long break because I was afraid of horrible muscle soreness I would get when restarting (and because I feared I wouldn't go back as this was at the beginning).

MrsWifework Thu 28-Nov-13 10:47:27

Is there any point in shredding if you're two stone overweight?! A lot of people saying they didn't lose weight but you could see definition, I'm just thinking any definition I have will be hidden by two stone of fat!!?

Yes! I started two stone overweight and lost first stone shredding whilst eating primal/boot camp lite (low carb).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now