Healthy Revolutionaries!

(727 Posts)
BloodiedGhouloshes Wed 16-Oct-13 09:42:30

Oh Okay, hardly original. smile

But describes us all. smile

Me today,

B- apple, yogurt, cashew nuts and honey
L- salmon and salad
D- honey sesame chicken legs with a greek salad.

O&DW FRs!

TheRealAmandaClarke Mon 24-Feb-14 19:33:09

I am ginormous and unable to stop eating crap at work.

Today: black coffee, black coffee, large handful of chilli coated peanuts that I had left on my desk from last week. 1 hot cross bun, 2 cups tea, 3 chocolate digestives, 3 jaffacakes, slice of marble cake, decaff coffee.
chicken and veg curries, bit of rice and triangle things....... Samosas! Small square of choc covered flapjack, half a fucking hot cross bun. Decaff coffee.

Well done for your no drinking days hazel

I need a fast. I am sooooooo tired.
Will post when more coherent.

Still super- chuffed by twinkle's news.

TheRealAmandaClarke Mon 24-Feb-14 19:34:29

Oh and yesterday I ate the best part of a bag of jelly babies.
blush

twinklestar2 Mon 24-Feb-14 20:41:13

Ah thx so much girls!!

I'm eating what I can rather than healthy so will maybe hold off rejoining you till after baby is born. Due in august smile

Hazelbrowneyes Tue 25-Feb-14 08:26:28

Err, Twinkle Have you seen what I've been eating recently? Nothing healthy about that! wink Stay please! grin

I'm so pleased for you!

Hazelbrowneyes Tue 25-Feb-14 18:31:42

amanda I am drooling at the slice of marble cake. Want. Oh and hot cross bun! Really want!

Stuck to plan yesterday - woohoo!

Today. Not so good.
B - coco pops
L - baked potato with beans
D - we got Salmon out this morning but DH has had a really rubbish day and is in a seriously bad mood so we might go out for dinner
S - packet of low fat crisps, slice of cake

Won't drink tonight either despite fancying a glass of wine so much I can almost taste it

TheRealAmandaClarke Tue 25-Feb-14 19:58:47

B: toast and marmite. Coffee.
L: hot cross bun. Egg sandwich, slice chunk of bread pudding, tea, tea
Chocolate digestive.
D: spaghetti puttanesca, 1 slice garlic bread, leafy salad, 3 small squares of chocolate covered flapjack that DS left in his lunchbox blush

Rubbish really.
I know.

Hazelbrowneyes Wed 26-Feb-14 09:54:55

Yesterday
B - coco pops
L - baked potato with beans
D - Chicken & chorizo skewer, battered cod, chips with sweet chilli sauce & jalapenos. Followed by cheese & crackers. Yes, we went out. Our local does 3 small plates for £10 and they're not that small so DH and I share them!
S - packet of low fat crisps, slice of cake, no alcohol

Today
B - pain au chocolat
L - salmon pasta which I really don't fancy blush
D - no idea
S - low fat crisps, maybe a slice of cake blush

SlightlyDampWellies Wed 26-Feb-14 10:22:34

Hi everyone,

me yesterday

B- avocado on toast
L- chicken burger with fries
D - scarmabled eggs on toast

Today

B- smoothie made with soy milk, bananas, grapes and cocoa powder
L- soy salmon with stir fried vegetables and brown rice
D- cruds and hummus is planned.

Please stay twinkle!

SlightlyDampWellies Wed 26-Feb-14 14:17:31

Crud, clearly is 'crudites' and scarmabled was 'scrambled'. I wonder what you would have to do to an egg in order to scarmable it.

I am afraid I made a bit of a faux pas today on the school run. Another mother was wearing a top I bought just last week and I exclaimed 'oh I have that top too! We have the same taste! It's lovely isn't it?!'. She looked horrified. She is slim, chic, utterly gorgeous looking. I am, frankly, a frump. I can just see the poor thing never wearing it again and re-thinking her entire online shopping habits. blush

TheRealAmandaClarke Wed 26-Feb-14 20:09:15

grin wellies! You are soooo harsh on yourself!

I have eaten all the biscuits in the office.
Nuff said.

Back on the wagon tomorrow.
blush

SlightlyDampWellies Thu 27-Feb-14 06:20:56

I was pretty good last night, stuck to my plan anyway! But had a glass of wine. Grrrr.

Nah, not harsh on myself really Amanda. You should have seen her face, she looked appalled! Never mind. I felt a bit embarrassed after but shrugged it off as for some reason she does not seem to like me very much.

Today for me:

smoothie with fruit and soy milk
big salad
salmon with vegetables and brown rice again.

I found this blog and was inspired. Not ready to be fully vegan, despite years of trying, but salmon is okay for now.

deliciouslyella.com/

Okay- leaving aside that this girl is clearly extremely beautiful, and almost exactly half my age, but [wails] I want to look like that !!!! [stamps foot].

That might be extreme, but it would not hurt for me to have a larger focus on healthy eating. grin

TheRealAmandaClarke Thu 27-Feb-14 07:30:23

grin wellies I do know what you mean.
Ageing will happen. But we can be slim.
And it makes such a difference to my appearance and confidence.
Since returning to work I have been snacking. And I've definitely filled out. I'm not of weight but have lost that shape of my personal ideal weight and it's already affecting my mojo.
So let's help each other to achieve our personal goals. You're such an inspiration to me. I always try to have in mind your original thread title "stop bingeing and start eating healthily" it is so perfect. I love your menus too.
Fwiw. I have a confession to make. I used to be a vegetarian. For about 8 years. And two of those I was vegan. I like the variety of a veggie diet, if that makes sense.
Now I am not vegetarian in any way blush I fact I started on meat in Orr to do Atkins <issues> and it worked.
At my slimmest I was eating fish. So scoff away at the fruit of the sea IMHO.

Today
B: toast with honey. Tea, coffee.
L: no idea
D: sausages (as requested by DS)
I shall be trying really hard to eat mindfully and not to snack. As I am very tired this is difficult.

On Monday I will fast. At the veery east a mini fast meaning I skip breakfast and don't eat at work.

Hazelbrowneyes Thu 27-Feb-14 08:27:18

wellies you probably could look like her if you had an army of stylists getting you ready for a photoshoot wink

I find looking in magazines really, really hard. As I get older, I realise a lot of it is airbrushing (except Cheryl Cole – FFS, that woman just gets more stunning every time you look at her. Same goes for Liz Hurley) and if I had a PA or the money to go to the salon every day then yes, I could potentially look half as good as the “celebs”

But I don’t, so I’m having to work with what I’ve got grin

Still not lost any weight since coming off the pill and I know that I need to work harder at that. I’ve been so tired and had lots of weird cramps pretty much the entire cycle for 3 months now so that’s pretty much put me off exercise but I’m going to try to do some tonight, for my own well being!

I’m trying to concentrate on dressing properly for my figure. I bought a pair of jeans in the next size up so they fit my waist properly. Unfortunately they’re too big on the legs but washing frequently seems to be shrinking them a bit! I feel better though because I don’t have a muffin top. I’m never going to be fashionable – I never have been, but if I feel good then that’s all that counts.

Make up is bad for my skin, I always flare up with spots but I’m making an effort every weekend to put a full face on if we go out.

I am feeling a bit more confident since coming off the pill but I know I need to feel better about my body shape to be totally confident so that’s what I’m attempting to work on now. It’s a bit slowly slowly catchy monkey though. And from my food diary, you’ll see why it’s such a slow process! grin

Yesterday
B - pain au chocolat
L - salmon pasta (I left most of the salmon)
D – steak pie, mash, carrots
S - low fat crisps, slice of cake, hot chocolate

Today
B – pain au chocolat
L – jacket potato with a bit of grated cheese and mayo
D – fish, chips and mushy peas
S – low fat crisps, hot chocolate. I have 1 slice of cake left, I’m going to attempt not to eat it.

This week is all about cutting out the alcohol and I’m doing quite well I think! Tomorrow will be the test.

I have nothing planned this weekend so I’m going to plan lunches for the next few weeks properly and ask DH to plan dinners so we don’t have to reach for the emergency freezer food, like we have done this week!

Amanda I feel the same, I definitely need to eat less crap. I could never be vegetarian though. I have no idea how I'll cope through a pregnancy not being able to eat rare steak!

Right, I need to concentrate on work. Busy day and I intend to not spend the whole day sat at my desk staring into space. I need to move more! I have sensible (ish) shoes on so time to get moving! grin

Sorry for the super long post btw!

SlightlyDampWellies Fri 28-Feb-14 08:09:07

Hi everyone. You are very right Amanda and Hazel about working with what you have got, and about being slim affecting confidence. I will keep those thoughts in my mind this week. smile

I weighed in this morning and took my photo. I am 10 stone 10, so down a pound from last week. I am happy to lose a [pound a week. smile I had gotten into the habit of snacking on hula hoops and pombears but think I did not do this at all this week, so the downward trend is starting. smile

This week I intend to continue on with the following vague theme in my meals;

B- fruit smoothies
L- big salads
D- vegetables, fish or lean meat and brown rice.

I am managing to very happily avoid gluten and it has not been a hardship so I will continue on. I think there may have been a small reduction in bloating.. yes I am pretty sure.

Right-0 must get the Dcs to school, so I will sign off for now. Hope you all have great days!

Hazelbrowneyes Fri 28-Feb-14 08:48:31

Your menus are so healthy wellies! Do you feel better for it?

Yesterday:
B – pain au chocolat
L – jacket potato with a bit of grated cheese and mayo
D – fish, chips and mushy peas
S – low fat crisps, hot chocolate, slice of cake, glass of white wine.

AF is late so I took a test last night...BFN. Hence the glass of wine and tears Took another test this morning just to be sure and still BFN.

I'm guessing my body is still sorting its cycles out after the pill. DH has been super supportive and has suggested I get some opks so I can work out when I ovulate. He's also suggested I get some cheap pregnancy tests so I don't waste £10 every month grin

I feel better now I'm at work, just going to work on being a bit healthier next month, getting fit again and losing some weight just incase I don't have the lovely excuse of a pregnancy bump over summer!

Today:
B - coco pops
L - soup and a roll
D - mini lamb shank with mash and veg
S - packet of low fat crisps, max of 2 glasses of wine.

Any plans for the weekend? We're going to choose tiles for the bathroom, blitz the house and hopefully if the weather is nice go for a walk. Nice and chilled out!

SlightlyDampWellies Fri 28-Feb-14 10:35:14

thanks Hazel. Hope you have better news next month. It is true that just going off the pill can mess with your cycle. I know when I was ttc 4 years ago I read that it takes an average of 9 months for a woman to return to her natural cycle. That has roughly always been the case with me too. You are going to look gorgeous pregnant. smile You are slim and young, and you will be the sort of pg woman I wanted to emulate. smile

I do feel better for the healthy eating, already and it really has only been a week. I feel sort of cleaner somehow, not as weighed down.

Me this weekend.... well, DH is away until tomorrow. I am going to take the Dcs swimming in the morning (I hate it, but they love it) and then when DH gets home I need to do some work. I had great news yesterday- I got a short term consultancy that I had been hoping for but thought I had no chance for, so this coming week is going to be uber busy. But, it is a good thing. smile Stressful but good. Sunday I have a meeting for a community group I am involved with (and trying to pull away from) but a friend needs moral support as she is being treated appallingly (small villages, small people with small minds...) so I am going to that for her. And that is about it really. Quietish.

Hazelbrowneyes Fri 28-Feb-14 11:03:13

Aww wellies thank you, your post has made me smile and a bit teary

I'm kicking myself for not coming off the pill earlier but not a lot I can do about that now.

DH has just given me a creme egg to cheer me up. I'll scoff that this afternoon.

Excellent news about the consultancy! Well done grin

Hazelbrowneyes Mon 03-Mar-14 08:55:30

AF arrived! Hurrah! If I fall pregnant this month, going on average cycle length, my due date will be my birthday grin

I think I'm going to have to rush out of work in a minute to take my old cat to the vet. 17 and very poorly, I'll have to go with my mum as she won't do the right thing if I'm not there. I can barely stop myself from crumbling in tears everytime I think about it.

Anyway, 9st 6lbs. Back on the healthy eating wagon today.

Weekend:
Saturday:
B - coco pops with skimmed milk
L - brie and crackers
D - Fiorentina pizza followed by ice cream
S - 1/2 sharing bag of crisps, dip. Half a bottle of wine

Sunday:
B - pancakes, bacon, maple syrup
L - cheese & brown sauce sandwich
D - roast chicken with all the trimmings
S - half a bottle of wine, 4 after eight mints

Today:
B - coco pops with skimmed milk
L - pea and ham soup with bread roll
D - chilli and rice
S - low fat crisps

One weird thing from the weekend, I don't think my BILs wife is talking to me or DH confused Sat opposite her at dinner yesterday and she barely said a word and wouldn't even look at me. DH tried chatting to her in the kitchen and again, nothing. BIL fine with us both. She's made it quite clear in the past that she doesn't really like me despite being the one who set me up with DH but I've always been pleasant towards her, even when she sat in my house telling me how wonderful his ex wife was and how she was so upset when they split up hmm

DH most confused by her behaviour yesterday and he's usually the one telling me not to be silly, I'm imagining it!

TheRealAmandaClarke Mon 03-Mar-14 09:10:02

hazel how odd with DSisil. People can be so peculiar. I expect she has ishoos.

For the love of god will you please go and buy an ovulation kit?

<waits while Hazel goes shopping>

TheRealAmandaClarke Mon 03-Mar-14 09:12:13

Oh, food.

B: crumpets with honey, baklava. blush

Poorly DD means no sleep and abolished fast day.

Hazelbrowneyes Mon 03-Mar-14 09:35:48

Waaaaaah! Yes, ok!! I am buying some internet cheapy ones today and then will buy a proper kit next month if nothing, although I don't understand the CB ones...can you buy extra sticks separately?

Dsisil does indeed have ishoos. We're the only DILs and I'm wondering if that has something to do with it? Maybe she thinks we need to fight it out for number 1 DIL or something. Hey, if she wants to run straight to the kitchen after dinner to do the washing up, I'm not going to stop her wink

It's very funny to watch though. She's such a suck up.

She loves to play people off against each other and having fallen victim a few times many years ago, I no longer let her involve me in her little games so that's probably got something to do with it.

Maybe this all goes back to Christmas Day when they took the spare room so we had to sleep on an airbed in the living room. They all wanted another drink (despite barely being coherent - I'm lumping DH in this category as well) and I said that was fine but they could have another drink in the kitchen as I wanted to go to bed and they were currently in my bedroom. BIL and SIL muttered to each other that "The princess wants to go to bed" and stormed upstairs grin

If they wanted to stay up late drinking, fine but be the ones to sleep in the communal area so those of us who like to go to bed at a reasonable hour can do so. IAPBU but I don't care grin

Ooh sooooo good to get that little rant off my chest!

Your poor DD amanda What's wrong with her?

SlightlyDampWellies Mon 03-Mar-14 09:46:01

Definitely issues, Hazel. Plus clearly selfish (the communal bedroom) and childish (playing off people) as well. And rude 'Princess, FFS). Your best course of action is to see her for exactly what she is- which it sounds like you do.

Amanda your poor DD. Hope she is better soon. Baklava. Mmm.

We are okay, impromptu drinks party last night as a neighbour had a birthday. It was lovely, but no food! When they said drinks party that is what they meant!!!!! I am ravenous today, so a baked potato is currently baking in the oven, and I bought a pork loin for our Sunday roast for tonight. smile Mmm.

Generally I am feeling really good today, despite a mild hangover. I am going to work my socks off. I get to go to London this week for a meeting (staying overnight!!!!! Premier inn and a bath and uninterrupted time!). Huzzah!

TheRealAmandaClarke Mon 03-Mar-14 11:15:18

Virus I think.
Thanks. She seems a bit better today.

TheRealAmandaClarke Tue 04-Mar-14 19:53:10

Evening FRs.

Today

B: black coffee
L: marmite drink, coffee
D: homemade veg soup. 1 pancake blush
S: large handful cashews. Large slice melon.

Not bad. Trying to get back into fasting.
I plan to have no breakfast or lunch tomorrow. Normal meal in the evening.
Giving up chocolate for lent shock

SlightlyDampWellies Wed 05-Mar-14 05:43:50

Oh heavens, Lent.

Had forgotten.

Your day yesterday looks very light on Amanda.

Me yesterday:

B- porridge with soy milk and frozen berries and lots of coffee
L- sandwich with avocado, lettuce and cucumber
D- cheesy pasta with salad.

2 small glasses wine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now