HotMamas - Five years on, are we fit or are we fat???

(897 Posts)

New thread, this one WILL work!!!!

Lol Sazz you are just showing off your super skinnies... wink

Helga I am refusing to try peanut butter as used to hate it but now love peanuts and just know I will love pb too. Best to avoid the temptation grin

No buns or biscuits so far <polishes halo> grin

StrictlySazz Wed 09-Oct-13 14:36:04

Ha ha - you do know you can buy superskinnies in ANY size - doesn't mean they actually look good though especially not when a shoe horn is required grin

Peanut butter is pretty good Fjorn. I should avoid if I were you! Is our new member leading you astray? wink

Just logged food and exercise on FF. Exercise came in at 765 calories shockshock

Had a prawn noodle soup for lunch and am looking forward to a big steak for tea. I'm hoping DH has some food on the road so I don't have to share it with him <mean>

StrictlySazz Wed 09-Oct-13 21:10:42

yay, big steak grin

StrictlySazz Thu 10-Oct-13 06:28:40

Thurs 5th sept - 11.4
Thurs 12 sept - 11.0
Thurs 19 sept - 10.12.75
Thurs 26 Sept - 10.13.0
Thurs 3 Oct - 10.12
Thurs 10 Oct - 10.10.25

So 1.75 off for the week and 7.75 off over 5 weeks which I'm pleased with. 4 exersazz completed this week.

Next goal to get under double digits after the 10.

Yay Sazz you are doing really well!

I managed not to put back on yesterday, down 0.5 <phew> so my fasting today might actually lead to a real loss this week...

luckoftheirish Thu 10-Oct-13 09:29:57

Well done to u both firing at all cylinders smile maybe a new thread is what we needed!!!

Down 0.75 now if I can just keep that for the rest of the week I will be happy smile

StrictlySazz Thu 10-Oct-13 10:26:21

Well done LOTI and Fjorn. Hopefully Fjorn once your mystery illness has been treated you can start back on gentle exercise.

Mine has been good the last 2 weeks as I have done 4x exersazz. It appears that no matter how little I eat, without exercise it just doesn't shift.....

Level 3 shred done before work today smile

HelgatheHairy Thu 10-Oct-13 12:26:19

Oops - don't want to be a bad influence - if I did I'd start talking bout Nutella!

This is the first real week where I can see an end to DD cluster feeding 6-10 at night. If I could just get an hour I could start c25k on the treadmill again with time for a shower after. At the moment my exercise is wandering round a field with the dog with DD in a sling.

Weighed myself this morning and I'm down 2 but I think at the moment I have a lot of water weight up and down going on.

StrictlySazz Thu 10-Oct-13 22:06:34

Wandering round a field is great though - fresh air and gentle exercise is perfect smile

We are all supposed to only weigh once a week in the morning to avoid water ups and downs, but as you can see we are a bit rubbish at adhering to that grin

Had a working lunch today - managed to have cod fillet with puy lentils which was delicious and i think the healthiest thing on the menu. Tried to FF it and it came out at 866 cals so can't have been more than that i hope. Only had very light tea so have come in within 1200 <phew>

StrictlySazz Fri 11-Oct-13 07:10:19

0.5 off to 10.9.75

Broken double digit poundage......yay!

luckoftheirish Fri 11-Oct-13 08:00:48

Hurrah sazzsmile only 0.25 down but 1 down for the week so that will do smile

Brilliant work sazz to break below 10 10!

Loti well done on your bit too, better down than up smile

Helga I cna't believe you re thinking of running already shock

Somehow miraculously down 2.5 this week shock so 12 3.5 smile Let's see what the weekend brings... blushgrin

StrictlySazz Fri 11-Oct-13 11:59:03

Great work all smile

9 weeks to Xmas party <eek>

Sorry was just lurking and thought I'd drop in.
Helga, my ds was born in june. After having him I needed to lose a whopping 4st. I didn't wantany fad diets as ebf. I used my fitness pal to monitor calories and was allowed 1220 per day + 500 for bf. II've lost 3 and a half stone so far. Supply not been affected and ds a healthy big baby.

HelgatheHairy Fri 11-Oct-13 17:53:14

Good to know yellow. I wasn't sure how many calories I should be having.

I need to rethink the c25k idea. Ran after the dog today when he stole my shoe and I doubt there's a sports bra that would provide enough support!

luckoftheirish Sun 13-Oct-13 09:33:25

biscuitblushblushblushblushblushblushgrin

HelgatheHairy Sun 13-Oct-13 15:29:55

I'm thinking there's no way to make a large Chocolate milkshake, large fries and a cheese quarter pounder sound healthy is there? Forgot to take meat out of the freezer for dinner last night so DH did a McDonalds run. Was nice though and we don't have it often.

Today the weather was nice, overcast but mild so we went for a walk, DH with the dog, me with the baby. Went to near by woodland where the paths were covered in crunchy brown leaves, was a perfect autum day.

Loti you can put your blushs away, I am gonna win the post-weekend weigh of shame in the morning... Was an ace weekend though grin

StrictlySazz Mon 14-Oct-13 06:45:41

No, I'm winning......<drum roll> +7!!

So, at 11.2.75

LOTI, I'm sure you were not THAT bad. Back to it for everyone today <cracks whip>

Helga - sounds like a lovely day. Pissed it down all day here yesterday but did manage to get out for a walk on sat which was great. Clearly not enough to cancel out the wine and cheese calories though blushgrin

luckoftheirish Mon 14-Oct-13 06:58:23

Aw sounds like a truly fab and well deserved weekend smile

0k not +7 but +3.5 for me blush have managed to really hurt my foot tho not sure how and its chucking it down with rain so no walking today oops blush

HelgatheHairy Mon 14-Oct-13 10:15:16

So Monday is official weigh in day? I'll do that next week but for now I'll go with Sundays weigh in of 11.2.4

Pah! to your +3.5 loti and your +7 Sazz, I win with a horrifying cheese-induced +8.5 shock back to 12 12...

Needing lots of coffee today, going to try drinking loads and not eating too much and see what happens.

Noooooo Helga, official weigh-in day is Friday so we have all week to undo the weekend's excesses. we just like to upset ourselves with a Monday one too!

HelgatheHairy Mon 14-Oct-13 11:39:02

That makes sense Fjor!!

StrictlySazz Mon 14-Oct-13 22:17:59

Helga, you may have stumbled on the reason as to why we are here 5 years on.......grin

LOTI - how's the foot? Hope you are walking better again? Weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow so I may try and run outside (although I expect it may be a tad muddy hmm)

Just about managed to stay within calories today <phew>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now