ALIZONNE!

(322 Posts)
Beccie77 Fri 04-Oct-13 22:42:24

Hello all Alizonners out there, starting a new thread as the old one is full to bursting, and I still want to know how everyone is doing and any tips.

Moanranger Mon 01-Sep-14 18:40:49

Munchkin Thanks for letting me know, re hunger. I was on Lighter Life 5 mo & was hungry most of the time.
Today was better & I felt a bit better, not so tired & wrung out feeling, IYKWIM. I made the aubergine dip yesterday & had it two days running -I love baba ganoush & this just lacks the sesame - I put in some garlic powder. also I found a silicon baking sheet so I am now all set.
I had swede chips tonight - very good & I like the slightly sweetish flavour.
Also had chicken nuggets - unimpressed - & for my snack today I had the chocolate cereals - minging!
So far I like the potato "pie" (really a sort of pancake) and the cheese omlette. Pancake & blinis not great. Puddings I liked chocolate & pear & lemon. Haven't had too many of the drinks. I want to see if the vanilla dessert is any good, as I like good vanilla.
I am staying 100% on it! though - too expensive to cheat!

Brigidwasp Sun 31-Aug-14 23:32:52

Correction (Taste + TEXTURE) is like goats cheese/Philadelphia cheese

Brigidwasp Sun 31-Aug-14 23:28:22

Hey guys just wanted to share with you what I just been up to the last couple of days, as it might make your dieting life better as well hehe

So I'm making my own home made cream cheese (taste and flavour is something in between goats cheese and Philadelphia cheese) And it's so easy to make it's unbelievable. (pic of my own first cheese attached)

Home made cream cheese
Ingredients:

- 500g natural yoghurt 0% fat
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- spices and herbs to taste
- (finely woven 100% cotton muslin)
I got this one:
www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Craft-KCBMUSLIN-Butter-Muslin/dp/B0001IWYZK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1409522937&sr=8-3&keywords=cheese+cloth

So you just mix in a bowl the yoghurt and the salt, mix very well. Then pour it on another bowl that is covered with the cotton muslin and roll it like so (internet sourced picture)

After that, you just need to let it rest in the fridge for 2 days, either over a strainer (with a deeper bowl underneath to hold the liquids as the cheese forms) or you can hang it in a tall jar, or tall Tupperware. The cotton muslin is thin enough to allow you to fully close the lid trapping the cloth so the cheese will be hanging.

One day would be enough to have it done, but if you want a bit stonger flavour and thicker consistence then 2 days is better.

When you remove the cloth, you can add some other spices and herbs to taste. I will be experimenting with this for a while. Enjoy!!!!

For phase one, they allow a tablespoon of fat free yoghurt on the salad, well I use this instead. Improves the salad so much!!

Phase 2, you are allowed a bigger amount of fat free yoghurt, so you can have for example grilled aubergines covered with this cheese instead of the fat free yoghurt, but consuming the same calories, isn't it wonderful?

Phase 3, I can't wait to spread this on the breakfast toast smile

Actually I might be preparing this cheese forever from now! don't think I can find a lower calorie cheese than this.

Let me know if you try, I'm sure if you're a cheese lover you'll love it.

(Sorry for long post!)

Munchkinbug Sun 31-Aug-14 22:20:03

@moanranger - for my oven baking (chicken nuggets, cinnamon balls, etc) I use a teflon-coated cooking sheet. Best thing I ever bought! It only cost a couple of pounds from Tesco! I found that EVERYTHING stuck to baking paper, and was rubbish.

@suzi - here are the yellow ones:
Cream of asparagus soup
Cheese souffle
Chicken nuggets
Bacon and cheese pancake
Pasta with tomato and carbonara sauce
Sheeps cheese
Raspberry clafoutis
Pancake with apricot jelly
Pancake with chocolate spread
Plain bread with apricot jelly
Chocolate brownie

Oatmeal with apple/cinnamon/hazelnut is red, so is not to be taken on same day as a yellow sachet.

Oh, and moanranger - I've just finished 9 weeks and I'm still always hungry - especially at night. I doubt it will get better for me!

suzi1704 Sun 31-Aug-14 15:37:38

Hello me again! Can someone please confirm which of the sachets are yellow? My food order sheet is in black and white!

suzi1704 Sun 31-Aug-14 15:35:04

Hi Brigidwasp. Thank you so much for the clarification - that has helped me Heep's x

Moanranger Sun 31-Aug-14 14:52:46

Finding it difficult to eat regularly - today I had first sachet at 9 & then busy, busy (yard work, moving furniture & sorting & 40 min dog walk) so did not eat again til 2. Big mistake, though normally I would go this long without eating - no problem.
I had leek & potato soup, a bit watery & for lunch potato pie, which I rather liked.
A technical question - what do you cook meals in? I'm ok with omelettes & pancakes as I have a small non-stick sauté pan, but how about oven baking? Most of mine too big for our meals - what do you use?

Brigidwasp Sun 31-Aug-14 03:03:33

Hey @Pollyanna7 The brownies are not too bad, I have them from time to time, but I have half a brownie sachet and half a chocolate drink, I put very little water to the chocolate one, and then heat it in the microwave, so it's a thick chocolate sauce to eat along with the brownie. And you get to eat this twice or save it for next breakfast.

But careful because it definitely is a yellow sachet. At least in my clinic it's marked yellow.

@Moanranger are you drinking between 2 or 3 litres of water per day? That really helps not to feel so hungry. I am sure you will get used to it though. Your body will get used to small portions soon.

Pollyanna7 Sun 31-Aug-14 01:48:35

Why did no-one ever mention how good the chocolate brownies are!? I've started making them mixed with stewed rhubarb and a little water and cook them in a silicon muffin tray for about 3 mins in the microwave. They're great for mid-morning/mid-afternoon snacks and aren't yellow packs like the raspberry clafoutis muffins. Well done Moanranger-you will feel hungry for the first few days until your body starts munching away at itself! Keep at it-it's so worth it. Good luck Suzi1704- hope it goes well for you too.smile

Moanranger Sat 30-Aug-14 23:21:58

So, I have just finished day two. The morning heap of supplements is tough going - I stand at the bathroom sink grimacing whilst chucking down the pills. Favourite food so far is the cheese omelette, choc & pear pudding was pretty good, and the lemon flan was nice. I ate the fruits of the forest yogurt but would avoid it. The cheese soufflé was really not nice and difficult to cook.
The apple & hazelnut porridge very good. Overall compared to Lighter Life sachets much tastier. I have a lot still to try and haven't really dipped into the recipe book.
I am hungry on this diet; I explained to the doc that I was chronically hungry on Lighter Life and I am finding this similar. My metabolism is not high (1450) - it just must be me. I had to do quite a bit of driving today and spent most of it thinking of food. Hope this improves. I am committed.

Brigidwasp Sat 30-Aug-14 19:41:56

Hi @suzi1704, what they told me is that you're allowed as much as you want of the unlimited column, and only 200g of the other one. I was also told that you should eat your salad or veg only with the lunch and dinner meals. And better if you eat salad for lunch and vegetables for dinner.

Hope this helps!

suzi1704 Sat 30-Aug-14 17:07:14

Hello everyone. I've just started my Alizonne therapy and I'm a little confused with the amount of salad and vegetables you can have. I'm under the impression that it's only 200g MAX a day but when I read my book it looks like the salad column is unlimited but the right hand side column is 200g max. Please can someone help me? confused

Moanranger Fri 29-Aug-14 17:43:58

I finished my first session today. It took awhile. My basal metabolism is 1450kcal, which she thought was low, but that's about what it's always been when I have had it tested. I had my treatments including the v painful vacuum, but it felt strangely pleasant after. I started immediately, so a drink pack on the train& a quite yummy cheese omelette with a salad at home. The omelette puffed up nicely.
I got assortment packs so I could try lots. Lunch has kept me satisfied through to 5 pm; now I should go have a snack. All go so far. The ditch packaging is strange, though.

Munchkinbug Fri 29-Aug-14 16:16:54

Official weigh-in today. lost another 1.8, so 15.8kg in total! 8 weeks and five days to lose just shy of 2 and a half stone. Very pleased. Size 16 jeans are now getting baggy - 14 fit but are still a little tight, so perhaps in another couple of weeks they'll fit properly.

Pollyanna7 Fri 29-Aug-14 00:38:12

Had my first weigh-in after a fortnight today and thankfully had lost 7lbs, so I'm delighted having had the 2 emergency curries in Edinburgh!! Wanted to have lost 2 stones in the school 6 week hols and have lost 2 stones 1 lb so I'm even more determined. 10lbs to go to phase 2- roll on!
Welcome Missmoneypennny and well done. You're so right, planning and cooking exciting meals is vital or it becomes boring and that's when you jack it in. Moanranger, don't think of today as your last meal or it smacks of deprivation in your head from tmrw. Just think of different kinds of food for a while now and always remember, 'nothing tastes as good as thinner feels'. Good luck smile

Missmoneypenny9 Thu 28-Aug-14 22:24:32

Thanks Sandy...
Great week one... 9.5lbs gone! Another 24 to go. Totally motivated and chosen lots of different meals for this week. Planning is key I think.
MMP x

sandyxblog Thu 28-Aug-14 14:33:33

Hi All!!

I haven't posted on here for a while so I thought I'd post an update! 24/08/2014 was my 10 week weigh in and I've lost 45 lbs!! :D Still plodding my way through Phase One but I'm still on track!

@Missmoneypenny9 - Eating out can be challenging. Over last few weeks, I've ended up going to sushi bars, Chinese buffets for birthdays etc. I've always gone, had some sparkly water and not eaten. I've not actually felt tempted but I think that's because I keep focused on how far I've come and how I don't want to jeopardize it at all smile You'll get there hun but I totally get what you mean! Dieting can be lonely, especially Alizonne because most people have never heard of it!! Posting here and blogging has been my way of venting and communicating with fellow Alizonners as another support network!

@ Moanranger - Let us know how your appointment goes...any idea's what sachet etc you might want. I'm with you, I didn't have a pig out session. I can't actually remember what my least meal was, it was just another day for me lol!

Hope you are all doing well!!

Sandy x
waistingawaylivingtoday.wordpress.com/

Moanranger Thu 28-Aug-14 08:28:13

I have my v expensive appointment tomorrow - must remember to eat nothing in morning. So today is my last day on normal food. Not interested in a pig out, though I am having friends over for dinner. May do steak. Definitely wine!

Missmoneypenny9 Wed 27-Aug-14 23:30:59

Evening All... A newbie joining the thread.
First weigh in is due tomorrow and quite excited as have lost (according to my slightly dodgy scales) 9lbs!
Been a challenging week for number of reasons; trying to find sachets I like, fitting all sachets in around hectic work schedule, and eating out... God only knows how I got thru lunchtime watching the kids tuck into antipasto and pizza's sad
Not to worry... I am focused on a slimmer healthier me by my birthday in November. This thread has definitely helped me, thanks! Losing weight as an experience can be as lonely as it is challenging!

Brigidwasp Wed 27-Aug-14 19:21:49

Just back from my review, the doctor told me that a lot of people gain a bit of weight when starting phase 2, the first week (I wish she would have told me that beforehand though) And she said that I should go on with Phase 2 now, and if next weigh in I am still putting weight on, she will quickly put me in Phase 3, as it looks like when you introduce the breakfast, it's somehow easier to lose weight again. A bit strange but she's seen so many cases like mine and told me not to worry as it's normal. At least I know wha's going on.

Also it's normal to feel slightly light headed and nauseated for a few days as it's a big change. Should pass soon.

Brigidwasp Wed 27-Aug-14 13:50:04

Correction - In Phase "1" I was losing weight slower (not phase 2)

Brigidwasp Wed 27-Aug-14 13:49:26

Hey Pollyanna7, yes it is scary. But also in Phase 2 I was losing weight slower than I expected so maybe they will need to adjust it a bit with me for phase 2 and let me have just a certain type of meat or fish, we'll see. Will let you know how it goes.
I also struggles a bit going through summer holidays without a pub or restaurant meal, a glass of wine, a cocktail etc.. it was hard!

@Moanranger welcome! well it's not a 100% fact that you reach phase 2 on a certain date. Mine delayed 1 week from the latest date she told me (she said 8-10 weeks) For me it was 11 weeks, plus an extra week for the kg I strangely gained during the 4 days in Phase 2. (total of 12 weeks) So make sure you save a little extra money just in case, as Phase 1 is the most expensive one.

Moanranger Tue 26-Aug-14 21:28:21

Hi, all, glad to see some activity on this thread. I went today to meet doc & have bloods taken. We agreed 16-17 kilos as my goal & doc reckons that will be 6-8 weeks in Phase 1. Very matter of fact & no hocus-pocus, which I like.
Bloods will be analysed & all being well, I go back on Fri for sachets & first treatment (as well as eye-watering bill!) They are very up-front about the cost.
I discussed issue of business conference about 10 days in, doc said have a Phase 2 meal on the one or two nights where I have a sit down dinner.
As I have done Lighter Life I can probably cope ok with this. While I do drink, I often undertake long abstinances - this year I was dry from late Jan to 1 April. Looking forward to starting, not the regime so much as shifting this weight!

Pollyanna7 Tue 26-Aug-14 19:37:50

Mmmmm...that does sound a bit scary Brigidwasp- I'll be interested to hear what the doctor says about it as that's what we're all aiming for, phase 2. Takes the edge off a bit doesn't it if you start to put on again!!! Interesting that you felt dizzy too-wonder why? I've just come back from Edinburgh so my thursday weigh in will be after 2 weeks away from Alizonne. Took all my powders and potions with me and stuck to it really well except for 2 evenings when it was really cold and I NEEDED hot cooked food (had nowhere to do blinis, pancakes anything, so it was all shakes and salads)great in hot weather but Edinburgh was freezing.So on those 2 nights I had a veg curry- asked them to use only spinach,green pepper, cauli and mushrooms and it was great. I know there were probably lots of extra fats and spices in the sauce, but when I got back I had still lost weight, although the old ketostix were very pale! They seem to be darkening now so that's a good sign, but I feel as if my weight loss has slowed down (only weigh myself once a week ). However the proof of the pudding will be on the Alizonne scales on Thurs.......more to follow smile. Still feeling very positive though, helped along by all on this forum, although HOW I resisited a glass of wine on holiday, I will never know. I am missing a drink of something other than water/tea/coffee more than food, just for the element of relaxation I think. Has anyone devised an exciting drink? Even my iced lemon tea and fizzy water 'prosecco' is wearing a bit thin now! wine wine wine

Brigidwasp Tue 26-Aug-14 12:24:06

Hey everyone! I've been quite a while without posting. I've had a bad week! So I was only 0,5kg from Phase 2 and at the clinic they told me I could start phase 2 already. So I started and I was very careful checking the exact weights of everything, buying only lean meat and good quality tuna in water. And only 4 days later I was 1kg heavier! and also worth mentioning that during 3 of the 4 days I was in Phase 2 I felt very nauseous and dizzy the whole day. Bit disappointed and worried that my body is not adapting to the change. Tomorrow I have the doctor review again so hopefully she will know what to do next. 2 days ago I decided to go back to phase 1, and I managed to undo part of the damage. So it will be one full week without any weight loss whatsoever. Expensive week!!! sad

Now I'm kind of scared to get into phase 2 again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now