MFP not working?

(3 Posts)

Check out the eat more to weigh less threads on MFP. If you are eating below your BMR (and you probably are), then your body will stop doing all of the optional things (e.g. making your hair thicker and shiny), and slow down the rate at which you burn calories.

WineAndSunMakesMeHappy Thu 03-Oct-13 13:11:44

Hi, well done on your weightloss!!

I have lost a significant amount of weight this year and used MFP for the majority of it.

I did find as I lost weight though I did have to tweak the carbs/protein ratio. I basically ditched complex carbs but still did MFP.

Also, it's a bit risky, but I swear some weeks I lost more weight if I had a real fatty blow out meal/day. I think it must trigger something in your metabolic rate.

RockinD Wed 02-Oct-13 19:48:30

I started MFP on 5 July allowing 1200 calories per day and not eating back all the calories gained by exercise. Weight loss was always erratic, but I have lost 15lbs in twelve weeks.

That sounds OK, but I've lost no weight at all for the last five weeks despite following the same regime. I am so disappointed. I have another two stone to lose and don't know how to do it.

I can accept a plateau for a couple of weeks, but for five weeks?

Where am I going wrong? Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now