(19 Posts)
ElBombero Fri 27-Sep-13 19:05:50

If so did it work?
Did you maintain?
How much did you pay?

HeySoulSister Fri 27-Sep-13 19:06:23

What is it?

ElBombero Fri 27-Sep-13 20:05:53

It's a diet a few girls from work are doing really successfully. consists of fruit / veg based shakes for brekky n dinner with a healthy tea. There is a surprising lack of info online about it however if you search on Facebook there are some amazing weight loss pics / stories

Costs £99 for 4 months supply

ElBombero Fri 27-Sep-13 20:42:01

Bump

curlew Fri 27-Sep-13 20:44:07

It's a pyramid selling cult scheme. It's basically very expensive fruit and vegetable juice.

HeySoulSister Fri 27-Sep-13 20:46:50

I juice ... But I juice my own. For the price if the fruit and veg

To be effectively nutritious the fresh juice needs to be consumed ASAP.... No idea how your system works, but it really sounds odd!

ThePuffyShirt Fri 27-Sep-13 20:51:15

I agree - it's a very expensive faddy scheme. It preys on the desperate, and like lighter life, cambridge etc etc, does not help people address their issues with food.

ElBombero Fri 27-Sep-13 21:39:29

Ok think I'll save my £99 and get on 5:2 as planned x

Crazycake Tue 01-Oct-13 14:06:43

Have any of you that are calling it a scam actually tried it? I started three weeks ago, for the first 10 days you do a detox and then you start on the shakes when they arrive. I've lost 8lb but it's not just about the weight loss, I feel amazing! My hair is shinier, my skin is clear and I have tonnes of energy. If you get a decent rep, they'll send you recipes, exert size plans but most of all support. You'll get invited to an FB page that is by invite only and the support is amazing. The only people I have met that call it a fad etc have not tried it nor do they know anyone well enough that's on it to understand what it's about. If it was a fad they wouldn't advise that you only stay on it for 3 months, it changes your whole way of thinking about food. And no I do not sell the stuff either! HTH x

ElBombero Tue 01-Oct-13 15:39:55

Where abouts are you crazy cake? What does the 10 day detox entail?

Crazycake Wed 02-Oct-13 05:40:42

I've PM'd you x

I've tried it, a friend was/is selling it. Saw no effect whatsoever. It's a well known pyramid scam. An expensive vegetable juice, that's all. Plenty of info online if you google it about their so-called 'research'.

'You get invited to a FB page that is by invite only' hahahaha! See?

Go to the supermarket, buy any seasonal veg and fruit, juice them. Job done for a fraction of the cost. I add protein powder to mine.

chevandgav Mon 06-Jan-14 23:33:36

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

PedlarsSpanner Tue 07-Jan-14 09:15:28

Ok chevandgav

thank you for taking time to join the discussion

two things

why not give your kids fresh fruit and veg fir their 'five a day'

And confused at recommending adding fruit to the shakes so you don't get sick

curlew Tue 07-Jan-14 09:26:45

"And no I do not sell the stuff either! HTH x"

Not yet. You soon will be selling- that's how it works.

They have massive "revivalist" type meetings where everyone goes and cheers on the top sellers.....it's a pyramid selling scheme.

Oh, and a word to the wise, chevandgav- you might want to think about editing your sales pitch so that it's legible and makes sense.I'm sure there is someone in your team who will help.

curlew Tue 07-Jan-14 09:27:46

Oh, and how can you get 26 portions of fruit and vegetables into one shake?

Juiceplus35 Tue 13-May-14 13:07:52

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Raskova Tue 13-May-14 13:21:37

Crazy cake can you pm me too???

My old childminder is on this as her husband started distributing and she's always posting about excellent results.

5:2 is pretty good. I did that. Lost 11lb and then lost my motivation

Juiceplus35 Tue 13-May-14 14:40:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now