What do you do when you fall off the wagon?

(3 Posts)
JohnSnowsTie Wed 25-Sep-13 14:26:18

I.e. to get back on it?!

I do well for a few weeks, then something happens like someone brings cake round or I bake with the DCs or there's a special occasion and it sets a wheel of bad habits back in motion. Argh!

I tend to need to be shocked into the right mindset, for example seeing a bad photo or catching my reflection in a shop window or something... but how can I rein it in of my own free will? Is it even possible?

CadiM Wed 25-Sep-13 20:44:51

In the past I've let these types of things de-rail me, but I've come to realise it was almost as if I was looking for an excuse to go wild. Now I just accept that some days will have cake in them, and I enjoy those days, but most will not. Seeing bad, unflattering photos just makes me feel bad about myself, I am more motivated by the good photos.

Peachypossum Sun 29-Sep-13 08:52:48

This is why I point like ww (but I use value diary app on my phone not the ww programme). It means I can work out how badly I've enjoyed myself and then allocate points from my weeklies to cover. I can also up my exercise for a few days to 'earn' more points. All of this means I haven't fallen off the wagon, just used my points for a treat - hence no guilt or feeling like I have failed and might as well eat the snack box in the cupboard!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now