Threads in this topic will auto-delete after 90 days.

Losing the stones one guinea pig at a time...

(984 Posts)
HenriettaPye Tue 24-Sep-13 18:02:44

Hello quiche avoiders wink

Lovely shiny new thread- we are a talkative bunch!

First Thread

Second Thread

To be a quiche avoider you must
-have a considerable amount of weight to lose
-be serious about wanting to lose it
-give other members a virtual kick up the arse when needed
-weigh in with us on a Wednesday (or if you weigh in on another day, post your results on a wednesday)

So roll up, jump in and lets lose lbs! and if you are having a moment of weakness just remember... what would clarinet do wink

HenriettaPye Wed 25-Sep-13 08:37:26

Fantastic clarinet!! Well done on getting to your goal- I am absolutely delighted for you! I hope you will still join us in our chat as you are a big part of out group!

So glad to see you back phantom, been wondering where you've got to!
Well I've just stepped on my scales and they are telling me I now weigh 3 stone 2!!! So this week I've lost over 13 stone- amazing!! gringrin

I got my 3 yo DS to stand in and he weighs 3 stone 2, then my 1 yo DD also weighs 3 stone 2. What a coincidence wink

I suspect I may need to get new scales hmm

HerdyHerdwick Wed 25-Sep-13 09:04:42

2lb gain, as expected.

My scales are wireless and send the weight to an app on my phone so I can't conveniently 'forget' what I weighed previously. wink

The best part is that the scales calculate how long it will take me to get to my goal weight based on my weight loss so far. This morning it said it will be -----

OCTOBER 2094 !

before I hit goal. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

On good days I do well but on the bad days I'm still bingeing. Can't seem to eat certain foods in moderation, but if I cut them out completely I seem to crave them more.

Ok sorry for the moan/rant. On a positive note I've been doing a bit more walking for the past couple of weeks.

HerdyHerdwick Wed 25-Sep-13 09:11:46

Well done to everyone who has lost. grin

Clarinet, that's amazing. you must be so pleased, it's a tremendous achievement especially in the time frame. My weight this morning was 15st 4lb and I'm a size 20-22, so I do identify with where you were at the start. Well done!

HenriettaPye Wed 25-Sep-13 09:16:11

Oh dear Herdy, at least you expected it and know where it came from! So you will know what to change for next week! Please stick at it with us smile

HerdyHerdwick Wed 25-Sep-13 09:26:00

Thanks Hen. I've just been laughing at your scales telling you about a 13st loss, it cheered me up reading your post. smile

MissElodie Wed 25-Sep-13 09:31:05

WELL DONE clarinet what a fantastic achievement - you must feel amazing! I'm so please for you and you enjoy every miment of this and bask in your glory as you deserve it flowers grin flowers grin
Please keep checking in with us as you are a fantastic motivation.

welcome back phantom I'm glad to hear that there are a few surprise losses for people. I think you're right Lorelai maybe our going off track isn't as bad as it used to be!

Well done on everyones losses...especially your spectacular loss Hen wink didn't you only just buy some new scales or was that someone else??

I lost 1lb this week so I'm pleased with that. Only 1lb to go to the 1 stone mark - we will get there next week Mia smile

MissElodie Wed 25-Sep-13 09:32:06

*whats a miment?? meant to say enjoy every minute!

HenriettaPye Wed 25-Sep-13 09:35:06

Misselodie I was going to buy them then my mum told me she had a spare set, so I took them!

Sirzy Wed 25-Sep-13 09:37:44

I have realised a "bad day" now would have been a good day back when I started! It is scary just how bad my diet was!

Lorelai Wed 25-Sep-13 09:40:04

Well done clarinet and everyone else who has lost this week.

Herdy, can you identify what it is that is making you binge? Maybe try to pay attention to what is going on in your day/life/mind when you have those bins, then you might be able to work out some strategies to change the behaviour. Or if it is particular foods, is there a 'good' alternative which will satisfy the craving without causing you to go off the rails?

MissElodie Wed 25-Sep-13 09:47:24

oh sorry mia I was adding a pound onto you!! You HAVE hit the stone mark this week - Well done smile

HerdyHerdwick Wed 25-Sep-13 09:47:55

Lorelai those are good suggestions. I'd say certain foods definitely set me off, plus I think it's a bit of a habit too. I think I'll keep a food journal to see if I can find patterns to it.

TiredNursey Wed 25-Sep-13 09:56:25

Hi jagjac . Welcome. You are in good company. We are all people who struggle with weight loss. Post when you feel good, when you feel bad...
It really helps.

Well done Hen. heh grin .
Clarinet, that's brilliant. Must be an amazing feeling. Your goal is mine. Almost anyway. Can't remember ever being lighter than 11.5 so aiming for that, and see where I am fromvthere.

LittleRobots Wed 25-Sep-13 10:25:07

Wow clarinet! I'd love to do the same over the next year. Any particular advice?

I weighed this morning at 16st 7. I'll take that as my start weight as its a true morning - before - food weight!

Hopefully next year I can post like clarinet! But in the meantime hoping to make a difference by Christmas.

moonshine Wed 25-Sep-13 11:07:34

Wow Clarinet - just wow! Are you on a particular plan (sorry, can't remember)?

Welcome to all newcomers - it's nice to be amongst people with similar weight issues/goals.

I think I have sts, sigh. My endless totm has finally ended and am hoping body with go into weight-loss mode for a least 1 week as I may have accidently on purpose bought a dress which is a smidgeon too tight.

IsThatTrue Wed 25-Sep-13 11:25:49

Well done clarinet that's amazing smile I'm so pleased for you.

And well done for all the other loses this week!

I'm on a fast day today and had to do the food shopping! It was hell, now my tummies rumbling which it never does on fast days! Oh and we were out of bread so I had to make some too, probably hasn't helped!

jagjac Wed 25-Sep-13 11:36:20

Thankyou for the welcomes, you are so inspirational with your stories & weight loss i hope i post next wednesday with a good weight loss. Thankyou all for letting me join in grin

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 25-Sep-13 12:08:54

clarinet well done! That is awesome, you are right to be so proud of yourself grin

Well done on the losses everyone else grin and welcome to jagjac and LittleRobots.

Not such a great result for me, I've put on a pound. I am fairly sure it is mostly TOTM related and something to do with falling into the biscuit tin with my mouth open yesterday.
However I'm fasting today having failed yesterday and feeling in a more positive frame of mind.

So start weight 13st 5lbs (down from 15st 9)
Weight this week 13st 2.5lbs

Onwards and downwards, and the weird thing is that my clothes are much looser than only such a little bit would suggest.

BirdingWidow Wed 25-Sep-13 12:56:12

Welcome to the new people JagJac and Robot. It's great to have more people, all of us like to know we are not alone and more traffic on the thread means more support all round.

Clarinet, I can't really imagine how you must be feeling. I admire you for making the decision to lose the weight and then sticking to it through the ups and downs. In particular, I am impressed that you actually got to goal! With so much to lose I know I would feel amazing if I got to11-something or even (holds breath) 10-something. My fear us that if when I get into that sort of territory i will feel better and slacken off. To set a tough goal and stay focused right to the end is very impressive indeed.

My habit had always been to celebrate with food but I guess therein lies a clue as to why i am here! will you do anything nice to mark the occasion, even if only privately and got your own satisfaction?

cq Wed 25-Sep-13 13:25:04

I'm having a really hard time with everything at the moment. Feeling overwhelmed and quite tearful. I am sitting here facing a monumental pile of things that have to be done and I just want to put my head on the desk and either cry or sleep.

I think the final straw has been having my elderly PILs to stay for the weekend. My wishes and views were completely disregarded by my husband, and despite the fact that we have builders in and the kids were away for the weekend, he would not put them off to another time. Consequently they hung around until Tuesday so they saw the kids. DH buggered off to work on Monday leaving me to cope with builders and doddery parents trying to potter around a house covered in dustsheets.

I then had to drive for an hour each way on Tuesday to meet SIL halfway and hand them over so she could take them home. All arranged by DH, who thinks I do sod all, all day, so what was the problem. I was so outraged, put upon and angry. So now I have to catch up on 4 days of jobs that didn't get done while I was pandering to everyone else.

Needless to say, the careful eating went out the window with all of that and I was reaching for the wine like an old drunk to get me through the evenings without killing someone.

I've put on 2lbs. Hate myself.

Rant over. Maybe I should have posted that on Relationships or Mental Health! But I know that you lot won't give me a flaming smile

OliviaPope Wed 25-Sep-13 13:28:35

Well done everyone, clarinet that's amazing! What plan did you follow?

Herdy I understand completely how you feel as i'm really struggling giving up chocolate, and feel bad because of it. In other areas of my life i'm very decisive so can't understand why I find it so difficult. It's great that you're getting more exercise though, so don't give up. What foods do you binge on? Are there healthier alternatives? I'm thinking of fat free chocolate frozen yogurt for me.

cq Wed 25-Sep-13 13:31:29

Ooh, sorry Clarinet, was so absorbed in my self pity, I forgot to say BLOODY WELL DONE!!! YOU ROCK!!!!

You have done so so so so well on your long and difficult journey.

Respect to you.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 25-Sep-13 13:34:54

cq sad what on earth was DH thinking?

OliviaPope Wed 25-Sep-13 13:41:44

cq I just saw your post, i'm sorry you've had such a bad time. Don't hate yourself, you're exhausted with lots to deal with.

Can you take today to rest, then prioritise and start tackling the jobs tomorrow?

LegoAcupuncture Wed 25-Sep-13 14:07:06

Well done Clarinet! That's amazing and very inspirational!

CQ, don't beat yourself up over the 2lb gain. Take a breather, mentally kick your DH in the bollocks and start again tomorrow. But today,mhave a massive slice of cake and don't worry about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now