Losing the stones one guinea pig at a time...

(984 Posts)
HenriettaPye Tue 24-Sep-13 18:02:44

Hello quiche avoiders wink

Lovely shiny new thread- we are a talkative bunch!

First Thread

Second Thread

To be a quiche avoider you must
-have a considerable amount of weight to lose
-be serious about wanting to lose it
-give other members a virtual kick up the arse when needed
-weigh in with us on a Wednesday (or if you weigh in on another day, post your results on a wednesday)

So roll up, jump in and lets lose lbs! and if you are having a moment of weakness just remember... what would clarinet do wink

IsThatTrue Wed 30-Oct-13 08:19:09

2 lbs off shock

Starting weight 14stone 1 on 25th June
Weight today 10stone 9.

2lbs until my first target, 1lb to a healthy bmi.

I am honestly shock as I was pretty awful this week, but in much smaller portions than before.

Well done losers. And to all those who have gained/sts and are still here ready to start again.

sirzy I have oat so simple maple syrup porridge for breakfast most days. It's sweet and filling.

LottieDidIt Wed 30-Oct-13 09:14:00

Morning all,

2lb off smile that means I've reached the 1.5 stone mark so I'm a quarter of a way to target.......ooohh still quite a way to go then shockwink

For breakfast I have 2 slices of wholemeal toast with flora light and a cup of tea - not very exciting!

Well done on everyone's losses and sirzy and birding that's not bad at all for it to be the first gain since you've started - it'll be a loss next week! smile

Debs75 Wed 30-Oct-13 09:19:29

2.5lbs off
Starting weight 15stone 5.5lbs - Feb 2013
Weight now 14 stone 2lbs
Total weight lost 17.5lbs
This is the lightest I have been since starting weight watchers, after spending nearly 3 months losing and gaining the same 2lbs I have now lost 5.5lbs in a month

Sirzy I have porridge almost every day for breakfast. It can be monotonous but it stops me snacking in the morning. It also is low in points for WW and low in calories on MFP

HenriettaBrain Wed 30-Oct-13 09:20:09

Well done everyone!

3lb ON today confusedconfusedconfused

That's 8lb I've gained in 3 weeks, despite trying hard most days! sad

HenriettaBrain Wed 30-Oct-13 09:21:50

Sirzy for breakfast I have oatsosimple, they have done delicious flavours. The raspberry and pomegranate is beautiful, as is the 'heaps of fruit' banana and strawberry.

phantomhairpuller Wed 30-Oct-13 09:38:35

Henrietta, completely off subject- what was the outcome with your missing coil? Or did I miss it somewhere down thread?

HenriettaBrain Wed 30-Oct-13 10:42:10

Still waiting on an appointment phantom, last I rang I was told it will be January before I'm seen hmm

phantomhairpuller Wed 30-Oct-13 10:55:51

That's awful hmm

Can't you start saying its painful in an attempt to get seen quicker wink

HenriettaBrain Wed 30-Oct-13 11:10:46

I have an appointment at neurology clinic next month, I'm hoping they will rush it through for me. I have a condition called inter cranial hypertension, which causes really bad headaches and if left untreated I could go blind. It's basically the fluid surrounding my brain isn't draining away, so it's all squashing against the back of my eyes causing headaches. Pregnancy made it worse due to all the extra hormones, and at the minute the headaches are even worse than when I was pregnant so I'm assuming it's the coil causing it. So hopefully when I have my neurology check up they will agree and rush it through!

clarinetV2 Wed 30-Oct-13 12:47:38

I was also wondering about your coil, Henrietta, thanks for the update, and I do hope they 'rush' it through - though given the effects it's having it doesn't sound like they're in anything like the rush they should be.

1lb on for me this week, which isn't too bad with my nephew staying and cooking lovely meals. Most of what he cooks has been healthy not counting Monday's lemon drizzle cake which was to die for but it's been in much bigger portions than I should have been eating, so a one-pound gain is OK and I'm glad it's not more. Congratulations to those of you who have lost - now shove up and make room for the rest of us to get back on that wagon!

Sirzy Wed 30-Oct-13 14:46:27

I have porridge but getting bored of it.

I may have put weight on but nsv - I have just got a size 12 jumper, last winter I was in size 20/22 jumpers!

BirdingWidow Wed 30-Oct-13 15:38:49

Re breakfast, I often have a crumpet (supermarket own, not great thick warburtons one) with a smear of flora light and jam, or with some light Philadelphia - garlic and herb is good, even for breakfast. Comes in much less than the equivalent toast (with my local seedy bread, the only stuff worth eating!) at under 150 cals and I find it does keep me going okay. At the weekend I dry fry a load of sliced mushrooms, practically no calories, and heap on a crumpet with light Philadelphia. That is very yummy...

Now it is getting cold I will try porridge but I do get easily bored of it.

At computer, trying up resist the munchies. Have decided work is VERY bad for me grin

HenriettaBrain Wed 30-Oct-13 16:40:53

Sirzy you've just given me hope smile

This winter I'm in size 20 jumpers. I would love to be in size 12 next year

BirdingWidow Wed 30-Oct-13 18:32:02

Me too Sirzy! Thanks for the reminder that it is actually possible to change one's size...flowers

IsThatTrue Wed 30-Oct-13 18:46:27

birding and henrietta it is definitely possible. And just by still being here you are making massive leaps. Keep plugging at it. Remember its a marathon not a sprint.

In June I was bursting out of size 16 jeans. Today I wore size 12s that were on the verge of falling down and felt loose round the thighs. It can be done. Now I need to decide where to stop (I was convinced I wouldn't get below 10st

IsThatTrue Wed 30-Oct-13 18:48:53

ahem

I was convinced I wouldn't get below 10st7 but at 10st9 I can still see I am pretty far from slim. A mid range bmi is around 10stone so I'll see how I feel there. But then I need to work out how to maintain. Rather than yo yoing back to where I started.

Sorry I'm rambling now.

HenriettaBrain Wed 30-Oct-13 21:49:22

Anyone else for weigh in?? Where are you all?

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 30-Oct-13 22:09:55

Henrietta it is half-term so I'm guessing people are away or perhaps having a bad week with the DCs off school and more food around than normal?

BirdingWidow Thu 31-Oct-13 07:49:11

Thanks IsThat, I am further inspired! My first goal was to be overweight and not obese by Christmas (4lb to go, am sure I will do it). My next goal was to be in a real size 14 (ie not just a few vanity fixing shops) by the time I get married in may. I know that is possible, I just have to hold my motivation, especially over Christmas.

Today is probably going to be naughty as I am going up the Country Living Christmas Fair - I am sure there will be food stalls and nibbles aplenty. All I can say is I will eat less than if I were not on a diet but it isn't going to be a 1200 calorie day, oh no grin

HenriettaBrain Thu 31-Oct-13 10:16:18

I got my appointment through!! 4th December, only just over a month to wait smilesmile

LottieDidIt Thu 31-Oct-13 12:01:16

Henrietta I'm so glad you've got your appointment through - they're still taking their bloomin time about it though!!

Well done on your size 12 jumper sirzy that's brilliant!

I've just looked at the NHS height/weight chart and I am no longer 'very obese' yay thlgrin, however I still need to lose another 3 stone just to go from being obese to overweight thlshock and even if I lose my 6 stone target I will still be in the overweight range thlsad. Arrrggghh just seems like such a long way to go.....but I guess I knew that already - there are no quick fixes (unfortunately)!

Hope you enjoy your day at the Christmas Fair birding

We are a bit thin on the ground aren't we? I hope absent friends are doing ok and return to the thread soon thlsmile

HenriettaBrain Thu 31-Oct-13 16:18:17

Hi all, ive left the round up as late as possible as i wanted to see if anyone else was going to join us, but i think this is all we are getting!

sooo...

birdingwidow +0.5lb
phantomhairpuller -2lb
harryhausen -1lb
sirzy +1lb
reastie -2lb
isthattrue -2lb
lottiedidit -2lb
debs75 -2.5lb
henrietta +3lb blush
clarinet +1lb

Alibaba happy anniversary to you and your DH, I hope you had a lovely time away!

This week we have lost 11.5lb! And our slimmer of the week is debs75 !!
Well done thanks

We are getting very quiet, this has been the quietest weigh in! I think we either need to recruit new members or go ans PM the old ones and get them right back on that wagon!! Yes i mean you TiredNursey, Legaah, LayMizz, Lorelai, Summerholididi, miawallace etc!! I miss you all sad

Sirzy Thu 31-Oct-13 16:51:19

Perhaps we should do both. I certainly think the busier this thread is the better!

Perhaps you (or someone else!) could start a "come and join us" type thread in chat and then PM the missing posters?

Sirzy Thu 31-Oct-13 16:51:29

and well done Debs smile

BirdingWidow Thu 31-Oct-13 20:55:23

Yes, well done debs! And Lottie, I am almost overweight rather than obese and have had to lose over 2 stone to get here (even more if I count my immediate post-baby disaster weight). I am not stopping now but I already feel so much better. It does seem like a long way to a healthy weight but even losing just half of that will make you feel like a different person and it can be done, sensibly, in 6 months. You will feel brilliant if you just get that far and can then reevaluate. Every half stone is worth losing, the huge numbers can be really daunting. You can definitely do it.

Henrietta I am very glad you have an appointment. I too have been wondering about your coil at the oddest of times!

And yes please to more traffic. The more there is the easier it is to dip in and feel inspired or just 'understood'.

Christmas fair was great fun but many bits of chocolate / morsels of sausage / smears of artisan chutney were consumed. It was a bad day, all in all. Just a boozy lunch with friends and MIL's 70th birthday lunch to go at the weekend puts head in hands and envisages another disastrous weigh-in next week

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now