Weight watchers or Slimming World

(7 Posts)

Sorry if this has been done loads before. I did Ww a month or so ago and lost half a stone but couldn't stick with it. I just think I wasn't ready to diet( post baby). Baby is now 4 months old and with loads of parties and things coming up I want to be able to fit into my old clothes.

I've looke at slimming world and worries I may find it a bit time consuming.

Which one have others successfully lost weight on and kept it off. smile

Heathbaby Sun 22-Sep-13 21:24:44

My vote is for Slimming World - I lost 1.5 stone on it two years ago and kept it off until having DD. She is now 3 months and I've just rejoined. The only time consuming element is cooking proper evening meals - which I've always intended to do anyway. I've never done WW but understand the method and personally am convinced that SW is far less hassle. Tonnes of foods are 'free' - you can eat as much if theses as you like - and there is minimal counting/ weighing involved. So I feel in control of what I eat and empowered to make choices that will help speed up my weight loss. Best bits: you honestly should never, ever have to go hungry, and there is space for daily treats (chocolate, wine etc). Hope that gives you one perspective anyway. Good luck choosing!!

Doodledumdums Thu 26-Sep-13 11:12:39

I've never done WW, but am doing SW at the moment and I really like it. I am never hungry and aside from this week when I only lost 1/2 a pound, I have been consistently losing 2lb a week, which isn't much, but is sustainable and easy to carry on with because the diet isn't hard.

Good luck with whatever you chose :-)

tabulahrasa Sun 29-Sep-13 09:26:09

I've done WW and I started slimming world last week.

WW worked and I stuck at it at for well over a year, but when it came to maintaining the weight loss it was hard. Personally I found it really constrictive, in that you had to be working out the value of everything and planning ahead for things that you knew would put you over for that day. I did lose quite a significant amount of weight, but I feel like I became so obsessive over food that it was almost like an eating disorder.

I haven't even had my first weigh in yet, but it's been really easy so far, it seems to be about encouraging you to make healthier choices rather than regulating exactly what you're having...which I think is better for me.

Loolah Sun 29-Sep-13 09:44:24

I've been doing sw since January and have lost nearly 4.5 st! I do still have a substantial amount to lose but I never feel like I'm on a diet I have treat days e.g parties, weddings etc where I don't stick to the plan for that day/ evening. I also try to do a little bit of exercise each week.

Doodledumdums Sun 29-Sep-13 10:03:11

Wow, 4.5 stone since January is amazing, well done!

Wow seems sw is definitely more popular. I have joined Ww online purely as it was cheaper I'm going to see how it goes and if I don't lose well then there is a sw near me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now