Threads in this topic will auto-delete after 90 days.

I want to lose 2stone by Christmas! Ripping and others I need you!

(224 Posts)
SPBisResisting Sun 15-Sep-13 22:31:48

OK I have had for too many days 'off' the diet recently and am in danger of undoing all my previous good work. I am currently creeping up to 12st, which is a weight I promised myself I'd never be again, and so I would love to lose about 2st by Christmas - anything in the very low tens would be AMAZING.
So I am going to:

- Restart the Shred - I've not been as bad at this as I could have been but for one reason or another have had lots of days off. I was enjoying (in a masochistic way) level 2 and so need to carry on
- Calorie count again, but not try to eat ridiculously low calories (was often at 600-700)
- Eat meals and <gulp> no chocolate until I sit down for the evening
- Remember why I'm doing this. Diabetes, joint pain, heart attack - all less risky than when I was over 16st but still an issue.
- Go shopping when I am nearing my target - I did this in the summer and really enjoyed buying clothes I thought I looked good in as opposed to how shopping has always been for me - what do I need, and what do I look least worst in? That'll do.

And I'm going to use this thread for motivation. I will report in. Feel free to mock me if I'm not here - it means I am slipping up and face down in a box of haribo
(for the kids, obviously)

RippingYarns Tue 17-Sep-13 08:50:24

I know I came in at under 600cals yesterday, so day 1fast complete.

I feel lighter, but wonder if that's because I'm fitter, might take a trip into town to Boots if the weather holds up.

Chip, I also eat far too big portions.

And getting this all down in words is showing me exactly why I'm fat.

If there's a way to over eat, I'm doing it.

colafrosties Tue 17-Sep-13 08:58:39

Can I join too please?!

My weight's crept up to over 11 and a half stone again, and have had to buy new big trousers (aarrgh!) after having given loads of clothes away to charity shops after previous weight loss.

DorisShutt Tue 17-Sep-13 12:18:13

Well, had a big bowl of cereal for breakfast and therefore managed to avoid snacking.

Early lunch with DS which was a huge bowl of salad with some low fat cottage cheese and a couple of bits of ham. Then I caved to the carb demands and scarfed a poppadom blush I'm actually still hungry.

Grilled sausages for dinner; DH & DS having beans and waffles while I think I'll have salad.

I hate being virtuous! confused sad

specialsubject Tue 17-Sep-13 12:42:10

pound a week is the sustainable and healthy weight loss weight unless you are really guzzling (doesn't sound like it)

so unrealistic target. But you could be over half way there.

RippingYarns Tue 17-Sep-13 12:47:17

thanks for the words of encouragement and tips special hmm

have you any pointers to help us here, please?

Pinkpinot Tue 17-Sep-13 12:55:27

Can I join?
I actually need to lose about 5, but 2 is a start!
I started yesterday, just doing low cal and low fat
Might need some other tips
Will go the gym too, but one thing at a time

Charleymouse Tue 17-Sep-13 13:12:50

Hi
My name is Charleymouse and I am fat!
Can I join please.

My vitals are:

cuddlier
cuddly
very cuddly.

I currently weigh in at 14 st 7lb
I am on MFP as charleymoose. I used this earlier on this year and lost almost a stone.
I got down in the low 12s earlier this year but have just let myself go and need to get back on the wagon.

I am calorie counting, cutting out the crap and starting to exercise.
I would like to see some quick impact to help get me motivated so will try really hard this next few weeks to get the ball rolling.

ThermoLobster Tue 17-Sep-13 15:17:00

I am uglyoldbag on mfp if anyone wants to be friends?
Having a truly horrible day. Dog is v poorly. Trying to not comfort eat.
sad

RippingYarns Tue 17-Sep-13 16:40:45

oh Thermo, sorry to read that about your dog

is he/she having treatment?

ThermoLobster Tue 17-Sep-13 17:08:15

She is having a scan to establish what is wrong. It really doesn't look good though. Thanks Ripping.

RippingYarns Tue 17-Sep-13 17:54:18

is she old, Thermo, any idea what it is? there are some brilliant things that vets can do for pets nowadays. a friend of mine made her vet treat distemper with tamiflu, and it worked!

and <waves> to new faces on the thread

ThermoLobster Tue 17-Sep-13 18:19:48

She is nearly 12 and they think a stroke.
Anyway, don't mean to bring down the thread. How has everyone done today?

SPBisResisting Tue 17-Sep-13 18:23:00

Oh thermo sad
Hi Charley and pinkpinot

RippingYarns Tue 17-Sep-13 18:28:23

you're not bringing the thread down for me, Thermo, if you need support to stop you comfort eating, this is the right place IMO

ElBombero Tue 17-Sep-13 21:41:53

Can I join, 30 tomorrow, 3 stone to loose (just had dc2), wondering whether to go low carb or 5:2??? Bought the shred, not arrived yet.

ElBombero Tue 17-Sep-13 21:51:58

Is the Paul McKenna cd any good? Also a bad binger

ThermoLobster Wed 18-Sep-13 06:41:10

I found Paul McKenna great. I did the trance the night before last. If nothing else it is very relaxing.

ThermoLobster Wed 18-Sep-13 06:41:57

Happy Birthday by the way!

SPBisResisting Wed 18-Sep-13 06:48:58

Ha

SPBisResisting Wed 18-Sep-13 06:51:33

Agh sorry posting with one hand while washing up!
Happy birthday! You share the day with my 4 yo baby!
Make weight loss to a level where you feel healthy and happy in yourself the best present you'll ever give yourself smile
How's your dog this morning thermo

BinarySolo Wed 18-Sep-13 07:24:47

Can I join please? I want to loose at least 5 stone. Have lost that in the past but never got to what I felt was an ideal weight and some of the weight has crept back on.

Gave birth to ds2 3 weeks ago tomorrow and I'm currently using food as a substitute for sleep! Got the baby weight from my 2 boys to get rid of as I so don't want them to be ashamed of their fat mom.

I'm using a weight watchers points app (unofficial one) as it allows me extra points for breast feeding. I'm also walking every where including an hour dog walk each day with the baby in a sling and toddler in the buggy. Fairly hilly here too.

I'm 5'4 and weigh just under 15 stone which makes me the fattest person on this thread. I'm a heffa aren't I?

Also, my friends wedding is in November and I'd like to look half way decent for that.

DorisShutt Wed 18-Sep-13 11:10:29

Unoffical weight watchers points app Binary - care to share the name?

Thermo hope your dog is okay today.

Well, I've had my big cereal breakfast again today, and I'm hungry now (11am), but am steadfastly resisting the lure of the work biscuit drawer. Going through brew like it's about to be rationed though! confused

I've also made the executive decision that I'm not low carbing, I'm just going for healthy eating. My body doesn't seem to be cut out for it - I nearly fell over yesterday after lunch. BUT, I'm not going to fill myself with carbs either. That said, I've got a packet of crisps for my lunch as DS ate the last apple blush

Breadandwine Wed 18-Sep-13 11:25:13

Have you folks seen the video of the Horizon programme, 'Eat, Fast and Live Longer' by Dr Mike Mosley that started off the whole 5:2 kick?

leangainsguide.com/diet/igf-1-and-fasting/

Underneath there's a summary of the main points.

If you like the idea of eating normally for 5 days, and eating low-cal for just 2, then have a look at this thread on the Fasting/5:2 Diet forum, where there are many posters successfully losing weight - many for the first time.*

The OP is packed with useful info and everyone on the thread is completely supportive and non-judgemental.

(*Disclaimer: I'm one of them - lost 22lbs and I've been maintaining my current weight for almost a year. For the very first time in my life, I'm in complete control of my weight!smile)

Best wishes, B&W

BinarySolo Wed 18-Sep-13 12:43:39

Yes , it's the ultimate food value diary plus. It's got a huge database plus there's a points calculator. You can also favourite foods so that they're easy to find in future. I think it was a couple of quid, but certainly cheaper than joining ww.

DorisShutt Wed 18-Sep-13 12:50:28

Hmm, looks interesting. I'll see how I'm going with a "normal" diet and then if things aren't improving, I'll maybe splash out.

Thanks thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now