A secret binge eater

(280 Posts)
hurried Thu 12-Sep-13 18:17:25

I am seeking, rather than offering advice. I have to be honest, if I could I would eat all day, and I will often have large amounts of carbs in one sitting. I put my toddler in the car today to drive myself us to a local shop to buy carbs- I have nothing against carbs, I haven't been trying to avoid them, I just started on my child's breakfast biscuits this morning and went into a frenzy, finishing off the whole pack. I was stuffing them as soon as I brought them. I looked in the mirror and saw my child watching me. I felt so ashamed and thought I would be so embarrassed if anyone saw me.

Today was a terrible day. My son has had chicken pox and both been in all week and suddenly it got to me. I can't talk to my GP about this, and I don't have friends that wouldn't judge me for this. So I am seeking support here x

It does sound as if you're doing really well Hurried.
I identify with a lot of what you said.

MillyRules Sun 17-Nov-13 19:19:54

Doing well Hurried even though your not yet practising mindful eating every time you eat, you are still being very mindfull overall. smile

aimeesecret1 Tue 19-Nov-13 10:19:29

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

aimeesecret1 please be aware that MN, like the most forums, has a policy in the Talk Guidelines about posts like yours.
There's a separate section for these requests, and with good reason, especially on a highly sensitive subject like this one.
I've reported your thread and asked for it to be moved to the appropriate section for you.

MillyRules Tue 19-Nov-13 19:01:36

Thanks Herdy....surprised it hasn't been moved yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now