The Paul McKenna Thread Number 13 ~ the Good Luck Number! A Simple Title, for Simple Weight Loss and All amongst Friends!!

(940 Posts)
Solo Wed 11-Sep-13 14:49:47

Welcome to thread 13 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded friendly support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. After all, eating a meal is not a competition, it's about enjoying what you are putting into your mouth, but not feeling bloated and uncomfortable (or guilty) afterwards!
Many people have issues around food. Many of us have been brought up by the 'clear your plate' parents of yesteryear which leave us feeling guilty if we leave even the smallest morsel of food, but we are working through this guilt or any other hang up we may have, and we are learning to leave a bit on the plate; return to it another time if we really want to or even feed it to the dog or the bin!
So!! forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!! Let's get lighter for those Christmas outfits!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry and that is a great way to feel when you are dropping dress sizes at the same time!!! so come on in and start living your new life today and make 2013 your year to drop a dress size or several...if we can get those lbs off a few at a time, just think how we could look and feel for Christmas and The New Year!!!
Some of our thread members are also doing PMK's Virtual Gastric Band and although this thread is not about this avenue, we will still be supportive of our friends partaking of this, so don't think we wont be there for you. I'm pretty sure that the Golden Rules will be just as helpful in this process as the I Can Make You Thin process smile so get stuck in smile

ppeatfruit Thu 03-Oct-13 17:11:59

Well sadly a lot of foods and the way they are eaten make people ill so I prefer to be healthy and more 'picky ' about what I eat as I've never been on calorie controlled diets i don't have issues with bingeing etc. I found the Paul Mckenna works well with how I eat.

You CAN go on healthy detoxes though I'm not suggesting it's a brilliant idea quite a good way to kick off weight loss though.

ppeatfruit Sat 05-Oct-13 16:16:13

ERRR is there anybody there??

Rules Sat 05-Oct-13 16:20:39

Hello.....Im here pp....hows things in France today?

Solo Sat 05-Oct-13 16:29:32

Hello!

ppeatfruit Sat 05-Oct-13 17:00:23

They're great thanks I'm just bringing in the plants from the terrace and trying to stop a fight between our house cat (spoiled little 'entitled' meanie she hates other cats in HER house) and one of our strays who's crept in to play with a catnip toy (old, no home except ours sad) But he has the back door cat flap into our buanderie so he's got somewhere to go.

How are you enjoying early retirement?

Rules Sat 05-Oct-13 17:01:42

Lovely here today.....sunny for a change. Has been raining and misty for the last 4 days. Whats a buanderie?

HadALittleFaith Sat 05-Oct-13 17:02:57

Hello! smile

My not so tiny baby will be sleeping in her own room tonight!

I have been a bit low and comfort eating but I'm on the waiting list for counselling which should help and I'm trying to take Faithlet out for a walk each day which helps with my mood and gets her to sleep!

Solo Sat 05-Oct-13 17:09:30

Oooh! retirement! hmmmmmm...it's OK. I'm trying to decide whether to stay home and get the house repaired and sorted out (planning on 3 months ish) or go try and get a job straight away and then not have the time to actually do the house...

Rules Sat 05-Oct-13 17:43:10

Well if you can afford to wait, then I would take three months out just for you to re ground yourself and see where you are at. You have probably been working for years so three months will give you some time to sort out everything you have been putting off and just have a break.

Rules Sat 05-Oct-13 17:43:29

Faith....why do you think your feeling low?

HadALittleFaith Sat 05-Oct-13 20:53:39

solo I agree with Rules, if you can afford it you'd be in a good mindset to start a new job with the house sorted.

Rules it's lots of reasons. I get quite bad anxiety at times and have meds and counselling to help. I think I've been surviving/functioning for a long time because I've had to. Now I have time to take stock it's overwhelmed me. In the last 2 years we've had fertility problems, house fire, nearly split up, got pregnant, didn't have the easiest pregnancy and then a very needy newborn! Faithlet hasn't been sleeping well either which doesn't help. She was much better last night though and I'm hoping being in her own room will help. I'll be fine in time smile

Rules Sat 05-Oct-13 23:29:35

Faith I had counselling when I was younger. I had anxiety and panic attacks and didn't know what was happening. I had just moved to London and was newly married and knew no one there. The counselling uncovered issues from my childhood and parents. Was interesting cause it helped me to learn things I had never knew about my upbringing. Then I had my first child. I think the counselling had really helped and given me the tools to deal with things and made me a better Mother. My counselling was Hypnotherapy. Hypnosis was used to help me to enter a very relaxed state and then was able to talk more easily. She also made me a relaxation tape and many books to read. I know it seems bad at the moment but what you are going through will enable you to cope more easily with life as it unfolds in the future and you will be a much stronger person because of it. smile

Solo Sun 06-Oct-13 01:13:56

rules I only went back to work in January after more than 6 years off so I feel a bit of a fraud really. The difference is that I have a reasonable redundancy sum, so I'll actually be able to sort the house out rather than want to but can't afford to IYSWIM?
And yes, HALF I want that good mindset with which to return to work with. Just to be able to invite people in would be so bloody wonderful!!

Rules Sun 06-Oct-13 01:29:58

Solo if you can, do the house so that your home (base) is lovely and calming and organised and done. Then you will be able to return to work refreshed knowing that your home is just as you want it rather than going to work and having the house still in the same state. Besides, it might take months and months to find work.

ppeatfruit Sun 06-Oct-13 08:08:59

I agree with rules solo take some time out girl and spend that money on what you need to do in the house, it's sooo easy to fritter money away!

A buanderie is (well ours is, where they used to keep the pig, 2 steps down from the kitchen and is now a utility room).

HadA sad BTW soo many babies don't sleep all through night it's normal IMO esp. with this weird not weaning them till 6 months thing they get hungrygrin .

Solo Sun 06-Oct-13 11:11:52

Thanks ladies! I think you are right. I just feel bad doing it...and I really do want to get my house in order, not use it to live on.

Solo Sun 06-Oct-13 11:13:32

*Not use the money to live on!

Rules Sun 06-Oct-13 17:09:37

Thanks pp. We had one of those then in our old cottage.grin

Rules Sun 06-Oct-13 17:10:14

Solo smile

HadALittleFaith Mon 07-Oct-13 20:40:53

I agree with Rules, solo. I'd brush up your CV and start looking for work but plan a few weeks (maybe 8?) of house ordering in the mean time. You can always tell a future employer you can't start til a certain date.

I know what you mean ppeat! I don't expect Faithlet to sleep through yet. However she has been incredibly unsettled overnight (hourly wakings some nights!) which has really drained me. However, we are establishing a routine, day time naps are significantly better and that seems to be having a knock on effect on nights smile She's nearly 6 months so we started BLW. She loves her food and attacks it with gusto. Based on her nappies she is consuming some of it!

I have bought Paul's I can make you happy. It is really good! Practical exercises to make you feel positive, I have also broken my habit of biscuits first thing. I was starving when I first started BF but these days I can wait til breakfast but was still having them til last week. I'm also taking her out in the stroller most days. Exercise and vitamin D for me, fresh air and sleep facilitator for her. I declined the offer of anti-depressants at the doctors today in favour of this (tricky whilst breast feeding) and will see how I go smile

HadALittleFaith Mon 07-Oct-13 20:41:45

I agree with Rules, solo. I'd brush up your CV and start looking for work but plan a few weeks (maybe 8?) of house ordering in the mean time. You can always tell a future employer you can't start til a certain date.

I know what you mean ppeat! I don't expect Faithlet to sleep through yet. However she has been incredibly unsettled overnight (hourly wakings some nights!) which has really drained me. However, we are establishing a routine, day time naps are significantly better and that seems to be having a knock on effect on nights smile She's nearly 6 months so we started BLW. She loves her food and attacks it with gusto. Based on her nappies she is consuming some of it!

I have bought Paul's I can make you happy. It is really good! Practical exercises to make you feel positive, I have also broken my habit of biscuits first thing. I was starving when I first started BF but these days I can wait til breakfast but was still having them til last week. I'm also taking her out in the stroller most days. Exercise and vitamin D for me, fresh air and sleep facilitator for her. I declined the offer of anti-depressants at the doctors today in favour of this (tricky whilst breast feeding) and will see how I go smile

HadALittleFaith Mon 07-Oct-13 20:42:20

(Sorry for the double post!)

ppeatfruit Tue 08-Oct-13 08:42:53

HadA Well done for the positive outlook grin IMO you have to remember that having and raising a LO is not a picnic and give yourself time (plenty of time) to recover.
One thing I've noticed these days (grandma speaks now !!!!) Is that the stupider magazines seem to think you can get your figure and your self back to normal immediately after giving birth, it's totally wrong and puts unnecessary pressure on new mums

Rules Wed 09-Oct-13 00:33:17

Wowshock shock shock Do Mums not introduce solids till 6 months now??? There must be a lot of hungry babies around. Mine started getting very hungry at four months so gave them baby rice. They started sleeping sooo much better after that.

Solo Wed 09-Oct-13 00:38:55

When I had Ds it was around 16 weeks I think (1998). I started weaning him at about 14 weeks as I was returning to work.
With Dd it'd gone to 26 weeks. She was quite happy with breast milk until then smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now